Moon Walk

Calkarima

Gonna do it this time
Hi

Has anyone done this before or fancy doing it this year.

I've signed up the past two years but for reasons I'm sure you'll understand have never managed to complete the training. This year though I'm feeling different and wonder if anyone is up for it or already training for it if they fancy an online buddy.

I'm going to be doing the full moon (26 miles) in Edinburgh think its around the 26th June.

If you've not heard of it its either a half or full marathon done by power walking round wearing a decorated bra (although I'll have a T Shirt on over the top!!!!!!) and it starts at midnight for the Breast cancer charity.

Its really close to my heart as I've had 4 members of my close family all suffer from breast cancer, one of whom died in May last year. I also had a friend who had had a double mastectomy at 37 but who is now thankfully in remission.

hey hun i think its a fab thing to do!

Alibalibee has done this a few times! shes the one u need to talk to

good luck babe

xx

I did the half moon at Edinburgh last year, and I'm all signed up for this years ( its on June 19th and I'm doing the half again).
Where abouts in Scotland are you hun, I'm in Glasgow :D PM if you want :D
x

Sounds fab! Might find out where my local one is xx

grrr i wish sheffield did some thing like this! booooo

I really wanted to do the moonwalk this year but I doubted very much that Id have been able to complete it.
So I am going to lose this weight,get fit and I will def be doing it next year.
Good luck to those who are taking part this year.
Claire x

We could always have a board weekend away to Edinburgh and all do it. LOL!!!

Totally :D
I honestly can't wait for this years, and I'm already planning to do next years, although next year as I will be turning 40 :)eek::eek::eek:), I'm planning to do the full marathon :)eek::eek::eek:)

woooop woooop! way to go ali!!

they do say fab and 40 and u certainly r that my love!... well almost!

xxxx

What almost fab or almost 40 ?????? :D :D
I'm dreading turning 40 lol Maybe because every morning Andrew says * Mum do you know its 1 year and 3 months till you're 40, did you know that? did ya did ya did ya??*
Autistic or not, that child shall be lucky to make it to his birthday in November ;)

pmsl! awww bless him! amber said something funny today! it was one of them ....what the f do i say moments lol!

my dad has some fish and one was havin a poo poo! u know when they swim round for hours with a dangley bit! and she went! 'my daddys got a willy like that! hahaha ooooooh dear!

xxxx

Thanks for the message hun...gonna look into signing up for it and roping a few friends in too lol! xx

Katie you say the most funniest things... i would love to have a night out with you but fear that my stomach musscles will hurt too much the next morning!

lol!

think we should have a xenical meet ha up!

xxx

As long as we didn't go to KFC or somewhere like that can you imagine!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

wish i lived local enough to these events but for me it would cost a fortune in travel then finding somewhere to stay too grrrr but i mite look into the next years one xxx

Back