More Core Questions

The difference with Core though Sharon, which is partly why Im struggling lol is unlike SW you cant just eat whenever you want. With Core you can eat the free foods but only at your 3 meal times and thats it. You cant just go and snack on something thats free. Id eat a horrific amount on SW lol

Ahh now that makes more sense and I can see why you're struggling with it :(

I'm a bit confused as I thought you could have fruit in between meals? At least that is how I was doing Core and what my online page says?

That's true - if anything apples make me hungry! I tend not to be hungry though if I plan meals right so perhaps as others have suggested you maybe need to tweak your menus a bit.

It's a strange one as like you say, individually the ingredients are fine and they're not processed, and yet they are counted as points when in a pre-prepared pack.

I would say that i see no reason why it should be points, unless there is oil or sugar in the dressing, so probably wouldn't be that bad on core, but just bear in mind about the idea of core moving away from pre-prepared things.

That's true - if anything apples make me hungry! I tend not to be hungry though if I plan meals right so perhaps as others have suggested you maybe need to tweak your menus a bit.

For me the problem was not necessarily being hungry between meals, but just wanting to snack. Bad, I know :(

For me the problem was not necessarily being hungry between meals, but just wanting to snack. Bad, I know :(

And that is what has essentially happened to me over the past fortnight - lost the plot and pigged out because I wanted snacks and although at first I pointed them it started me down a dangerous road of eating when not hungry. Combine that with my horse riding accident (feeling in pain and sorry for myself) and it's all gone wrong. Still fingers crossed it's business as usual tomorrow - for me Core works when I cut out rubbish even when within points as I am not ready to handle the temptation of just having a bit.

When I did Core, whenever I got the chance I made batches of foods like lasagne, bolognaise, chilli, casseroles, cottage pie etc etc and freezed them. Then when I needed something quickly I just got it out of the freezer.

Also are there any other fruits you like, not sure why you aren't snacking as you can snack on fruit freely, how about making some batches of fruit salad, then at least theres a bit of variety.

Or you could just go back to points?

Whatever plan you follow it needs to be right for you, one that you find fun and easy to follow and most important not a chore - but you know all that!! x

It might be the ingredients of the dressing. I read in WW magazine this week that, if they don't have the full breakdown of the ingredients from the manufacturer, they can't give it the core "tick", even though it might be eligible to be a core food.

As others have said, yes it's absolutely fine to save your points and have them in one 'hit'. I'm going back on core tomorrow after a (disastrous) week on points and I've got to have fish and chips at Beck's in Carbis Bay while I'm on my hols so I'm going to use most of my points on those :)

not sure why you aren't snacking as you can snack on fruit freely, how about making some batches of fruit salad, then at least theres a bit of variety.

Or you could just go back to points?

Whatever plan you follow it needs to be right for you, one that you find fun and easy to follow and most important not a chore - but you know all that!! x

I am snacking, but Im just bored of fruit and I dont honestly feel it fills me at all.

It all be down to the scales on Monday I think lol If Ive done well Ill maybe give it another week.

Yesterday was a breeze, I had 7 of my points lol

I found pineapple, melon and grape fruit cocktail quite filling.

Yes its core

Back