Morrisons Tuna Tasters

Alycyn1980

Addicted to Minimins!!!
Hi All

I have a query. I found Tuna Taster Sachets in Morrisons which are basically herb packets to add to tuna ie Red Pepper & Tomato Vinaigrette, Soy & Ginger, Lemon & Cracked Black pepper.

These are really nice but cannot locate the syn value on the SW website and using the calculator they are 1.5syns but I would have throught free as just basically herbs & spices.

I am quite new to this and maybe there is something else in the packaging that gives it a syn value.

Thanks for helping :)

As long as you added the free food allowance at the start that will be the syns. Vinaigrette could the reason for syns in the tomato one. Can you list the ingredients?

I am at work just now but I can post the ingredients for the ones I have at home when I get back in tonight.

Ingredients

Hi

Finally remembered the packets!!!

Lemon & Black Pepper (10g)
Dried Lemon Peel (31%)
Ground Black Pepper (16%)
Dried Onion
Dried Herbs (parsley/chives)
Onion Powder
Leek Powder
Sugar
Dried Garlic
Dried Lemon Juice
Flavouring

Nutrition (100g)
Cals 213
Protein 10.9
Carbs 40.7 (sugars 14.9) - its this thats causing the syn isnt it?!!!
Fat 0.7 (sats 0.4)
Fibre 33.8
Sodium 0.2

Soy & Ginger (10g)
Soy Sauce Powder (33%) (maltodextrin, salt, soy beans, wheat)
Dried veg (onion mushroom broccoli)
Leek Powder
Dried Ginger (8%)
Dried Garlic
Sugar
Ground Ginger
Chinese 5 Spice

Nutrition (100g)
Cals 274
Protein 12.3
Carbs 54.6 (sugars 18.1) - its this thats causing the syn isnt it?!!!
Fat 0.7 (sats 0)
Fibre 12.2
Sodium 5

Reading the ingredients I imagine it is the sugar that is causing the syn but I would just like a 2nd opinion

I would say it will be 1 syn per 20 calories as its al;l dried stuff and quite a lot of calroies from the sugar, so the first one is 213/20 X 0.1 = 1.065 = 1 syn for a 10g portion, the second 274/20 x 0.1 = 1.37 so 1.5 syns for a 10g portion. Whether you think that worth synning is up to you.

Back