Motivate me please

Joined slimming world again last night after about 2 years off the plan. Really looking forward to losing weight and feeling good again as managed to lose over 2 stone the last time. Just don't feel as though I have the motivation this time round! Good luck to any new comers x

The one thing I'd say is that you need to want to do this. You say you went back last night and that you have no motivation - surely you must have some or you would not have gone back to group? This will only work if your head is in the right place and you are doing it for the right reasons. I'm afraid there's not a lot we can do to help with that, except wish you luck!

What worked for me through first few weeks is surround yourself in all things sw books, magazine, plan food, recipes etc

I set myself 8 mini goals when I tick one off I add one to list to break up the distance from day one to target

I put money away for new clothes £1 for a 1lb after a certain target hit.

You have to want it badly to succeed, remember summer will soon be upon us hopefully lol, so think urself thinner in short sleeved tshirts and shorts. Could easily lose 1-2 st by then. X

I totally agree that you need to really want to lose weight to succeed but that goes for any diet. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!!! Xxx

Thank you all! Yes well I defo want to lose weight and feel good again. Going to read all the brilliant recipe ideas on here and get losing

I felt like that 4 weeks ago,but I've immersed myself in it, planning a bit like a military campaign! Try some of the recipes in the magazine,the creamy chicken tagliatelle and the cowboy hotpot are good and filling, tasty too. Get a favourite piece of clothing you can't get into and hang it on the front of the wardrobe. Does your consultant have a facebook page for the group? Lots of help on there.

I am the same as you.... I now stick pictures of thin people all over the kitchen and made myself a Tumblr account and search for "#thinspo" hahahahaha. It's so ridiculous and is full of young teenagers, but there are really good before and after pictures! They put me off my dinner ha :)

Thank you all for replying! Feeling better after looking through all the threads. I done it before so with the help of all of you I can do it again. First day has been a success and I know after the first few days its easy once your in the way of it again. X

Of course ull do it again, first few days then get past drudge of 2 weeks and ull be flying I put my first day off for a year cos I couldn't get my head round getting past first few days seemed such a task. Now it's 6-7 weeks and just flying by its second nature.

You will probably never get the buzz back as you did the first time round so may have to accept it will be slightly more challenging every time you start again.The food plans wont be so exciting as you know them inside out but try a challenge of finding different things to eat this time,
I have just restarted and thought here we go again. I am with you all the way we will do this together.

You will probably never get the buzz back as you did the first time round so may have to accept it will be slightly more challenging every time you start again.The food plans wont be so exciting as you know them inside out but try a challenge of finding different things to eat this time,
I have just restarted and thought here we go again. I am with you all the way we will do this together.

Can i ask what are your tips for us first timers to avoid the stopping n needing to restart. How did you stop last time was it one treat then a day then a week off etc or did you choose to stop or get to target and get complacent.

That's way I feel too like here we go lol I managed to get to target last time and stayed there so eventually stopped going to classes as thought I could do it myself so I would say that's were I went wrong as its gradually just crept on. And true what you said too that I do no the diet inside out so that's probably were il struggle because its not as exciting but with support on here we CAN do it x

I am exactly the same! Tried ww for "something different" and actually starved to death. It has made me appreciate sw more though!

Don't think I could do ww I couldn't be bothered counting points and stuff. Least with sw you don't feel as tho your deprived of anything really because your not counting everything

Can i ask what are your tips for us first timers to avoid the stopping n needing to restart. How did you stop last time was it one treat then a day then a week off etc or did you choose to stop or get to target and get complacent.

I got fed up with having to use my Syns for alternative meals like a crumpet for breakfast or a sandwich at lunchtime when I had cereal for breakfast or avocado with my salad or a slice of granary bread instead of wholemeal. I had a mental fight with myself knowing that what I was eating was healthy but I had to see them as treats.My social life is around food like I meet my sister for breakfast on Saturday where there is no slimming type food so this time I accept that I will use at Least 10 Syns on that morning having a fruit scone. I got resentful that I could have had pasta n sauce at home for for far more calories than my scone but I had to syn it. This time I am determined not to compare calories. Not easy to do but the only way of not getting resentful. I also can't have tomatoes or yogurt which make so many if the recipes on here not suitable so will look in normal recipe books for non dairy non tomato sauces. I stuck at it for two years. When I reach target this time, I will let myself have one day off per week to keep me on track. Good luck xx

Back