motivation and advice for a sugar adict

After a while you get used to not having sweets and crisps and also you stop craving. The more you eat the more you crave, apparently.

i do try and go cold turkey, but its getting harder as i get older i think.

i once did the Atkins diet and didnt have choc etc for 4 months and felt good about it, then it was easter and something clicked, i ate all the easter eggs in the house, thats 10, in 2 days, then had to run out and get 10 more to give to the people they were ment for....but ate them as well! :cry:

really? as in the stuff you get from the funfair?:confused:

isnt that just made from suger = really bad for you?
It is made from sugar, but you would be amazed at how little sugar it takes to make candy floss it really is minimal.

going to try herbal teas at work, i have set up a little 'tea table' i have stolen the spare kettle from the kitchen & a tea pot and set them up in my room with the intention of makeing lots of pots of herbal tea during the day and not having coffee anymore.

can anyone suggest any 'good' herbal teas, anyone know of any that helpd weight loss etc. i heard that ginger and fennel are good to stop sugar cravings.

anyone tried this?

Green Tea is meant to help weight loss.... I could never give up coffee though!!

hi i crave something sweet every day and the thing i do is have a cup of milky coffee or tea(milk frm hxa) with loads and i mean loads of the granulated sweetner (not the tablets) as this makes it frothy and v.sweet indeed i call it a snow coffee/tea(sad but true lol) i have this usually after every meal to keep those choc cravings at bay.....i know its no substitute for choc but it helps me x :)

im just rubbish i think, once i start there is no stopping me. i started last week after weigh in deciding i was going to run after the waggon and get back on it...i did until i went to the indian for dinner, main course i was very good but then i had a pudding, was the healthist lookin one i could find but it kicked it all off again, the day after i had some cookies, the day after that i had some chocolate and last night i went made with a box of coconut macaroons which i couldnt even wait to get home from the shop and was snaffling them on the way home like a mad woman, cheese sandwiches, packets of crisps, hot chocolates, bowls of frosties.......and i dont just have one of each of these things...oh no, i have 2 or 3......i need my mouth wiring shut i think or a new brain!

:(

Awww hun, don't beat yourself up too much. Although SW makes it easier, watching what you eat isn't easy.

It's all to do with getting in the right mind set. I am exactly the same as you, but I what I do is start off small, e.g....

Have one good day, say no to bad things... then the next day, I remind myself how good I was yesterday and how it would be pants to ruin my good work now.... eventually that will build up and it'll click in your head.

You'll soon be going from good month to good month.

Failing this, I know some of the girls (Taz?) take 1 day off a week where they eat whatever they like, then get straight back on to plan the next day. This wouldn't work for me as I wouldn't get back to it and would continue to cheat. xx

Back