motivation-What is the best comment you recieved so far?

Kirst, my friend had the same operation last year, he felt 100 % better! He said it was impossible to enjoy any food when you can't smell it, so he put on weight after the op :D.
Hope you feel better soon! You too Dub!:)

Putting my OH comments aside I've just had my first 'bloody he'll you've lost some weight girl' by one of my clients!!!

Felt great cause I've covered up today as it's so cold and I don't think you can see it as much :)

Best comment was definitely from my six year old when I put a short skirt on for the first time in her life and she said "Wow, Mam, you look amazing". Felt like crying.

I feel very warm reading all these comments... it must feel amazing. Keep it going ladies!!!

I did not have a lot of weight to lose as some of you know from a little while ago so not a lot of people have noticed my weight loss until they see before and after pics... the best comment I got was from my sister when she asked if I had photoshopped some of them LOL.

You're at my goal weight Xehorus! *jealous* ;) But I KNOW I'll get there x

You're at my goal weight Xehorus! *jealous* ;) But I KNOW I'll get there x
You are nearly there hun, just a little bit more and then VOILA!!!!

Well done!!!;)

Thanks X, Yay! Fingers crossed it'll be in the next couple of weeks, all going well :)

Ahh thanks for support, I know I will feel better after op, I want my life back!! it has made me feel so ill for over a year the swelling & pressure up around eyes and brain causes fits from time to time.
I put on weight not long after my sense of smell went,,I craved textures & strong tastes.
So I plan to have op, feel better,continue with dukan and have my life back to normal in 2012!!

I was stood at the cooker preparing hubster's evening meal last night when he crept up behind me and and said "ooh, slim bird!" as he gave me a big squeeze.

made my day it did....:)

Today, I took one of the foster kitties (have 5 right now) to our vet who hasn't seen me in a while.. 'You really did change, you look taller' was her comment :D
Not slimmer, taller :8855:

elida said:
Today, I took one of the foster kitties (have 5 right now) to our vet who hasn't seen me in a while.. 'You really did change, you look taller' was her comment :D
Not slimmer, taller :8855:

LOL - u must be on the way to being the correct Height for your Weight ;-)
That's my excuse - am not fat, am short for my weight ;-)

My OH told me not to lose too much weight as he didn't want to sleep with a rake!

I felt pretty good that he thought I was in danger of becoming a rake :)

I did really well on dukan a few months ago but then slipped back into old eating habits, fortunately i didnt put that much weight back on, but now im back on plan.

My motivation was a sarcastic *bleep* of a "man" who was a dj at my child's school disco, after asking all the mums to get up and dance, i got up, and danced, when the music stopped i returned to my seat.

He then announced 3 times over the microphone that the winner of the mums dancing competition was the "kate moss lookalike", i ignored him initially, until he said it again and again and again, he was obviously being sarcastic because facially i look nothing like kate moss and he was refering to my size.

I was positivily mortified, this was in front of dozens of mums, and also my daughter and all her classmates.

I know i'll thank him one day, but ive been depressed about it ever since.

Who's to say i dont have mental issues and because of being humilated like that, im gonna come home and harm myself.

Sorry im just venting....

But thats my motivation to sticking to my dukan diet

I love this thread!! I've lost 11kg so far and whilst I've got 20kg to go. I've started receiving some really encouraging compliments. Things like "wow, u r looking really well!". Or "wow, how much weight have u lost now, u look great!" My husband felt my side in bed one night and was like "I can feel your bones and your waist curves in" He feels my waist now all the time!! The biggest compliment was the other week when my brother came to my sons birthday party and walked straight past me! I said " hey, were u looking for your fat sister?!" lol
It's so nice to hear any positive comments about my weight loss. It helps keep me strong and on the right path.

Last edited:
Oh, Allyson, that's awful..
But sometimes we need a wake up call, I am happy you are using the unfortunate event to your advantage.. We all have been humiliated here and there because of our sizes, my boss used to comment on how slim some other person looks and how I am putting on weight in front of everyone in meetings :( But I don't get motivated with negative comments, it only made me even more self conscious and depressed:(
needless to say I resigned and haven't seen him in 4 months now, I am hoping to run into him nowadays:)

Allyson - that is really awful. I'm rubbish at complaining, but I'd be very tempted to write to the school about it. He shouldnt be DJing for schools if he will make comments about people like that, totally unprofessional and uncalled for!

Use that feeling to your advantage though. You will be feeling a million times better very soon!

X

Back