Motivation?

Remember....

Remember why you started this journey. Check to see if those reasons are still valid. If they are - reaffirm them to yourself. If they aren't - maybe look at doing a "For & Against" list as to why you are wanting to loose weight.

Remember how far you have already come...

Remember - how life used to be - I'm sure that your journey has already made changes to you, how you feel, how you look, how much extra energy you have, how much your confidence has grown. Now make a choice - improve on all that by continuing the journey, or start the slippery slope back to where you were... I know which one i choose - every time.

I agree with Ian. Write down why you want to lose weight. Buy a nice outfit that is the next size down, or do you have something that's just a little tight that you can hang someone visible to remind yourself that you want it to fit comfortably.

How much more do you have to lose? xx

I know that if I stopped I'd be back to where I was within months. Leaving slimming world is not an option. But still I've just not been sticking to it.

I have another 3 stone to lose, and at the moment I'm scared I'll never get there.

Thanks for your help guys. It does actually help just thinking about why I'm doing this x

Hi Roxanne. First of all, a huge well done on how well you've done so far. Losing 2 stone is a great acheivement, and you should feel extremely proud of yourself :)

Secondly, big hugs :bighug: Sorry to hear you're feeling unmotivated at the moment - I think a lot of us can relate as we all go through stages of feeling this way.

Are you still going to group? If so, are you staying to Image Therapy? Image Therapy is what keeps me motivated, and I know from previous experience that if I stopped staying, my weight losses would not be as good. You can pick up some fantastic tips and recipes from Image Therapy, and can learn something new each week - no matter how long you've been a member of Slimming World.

I keep myself motivated by setting Mini-Targets. I don't have an overall target yet, as I don't know what weight or size I'd like to be - I just want to be happy with myself, and I'll know when I get there. To help me get to being happy with myself, I set a lot of Mini-Targets along the way. My current targets are to lose 2lb at next weigh in (Tues PM), and to have lost 21lb by Christmas. Having a target and something to focus on really keeps me motivated. Aim for something challenging but realistic, and I'm sure you'll make it!

Apart from that, just remember why you are doing Slimming World. Realise how far you have come already, and how much further you can go if you just push yourself that little bit more.

xx

I do stay to image therapy most weeks. But it's getting hard when every week, it feels like everyone is losing weight but me.
That's a good idea for the mini targets, I think I'll try that.
I usually go to group on a Friday, but have a hospital appointment so am going on Tuesday instead. Ive not had the best weekend, but know that Tuesday's result is probably going to be another massive blow for me.
I'm going shopping tonight, so hopefully that will inspire me aswell.
Thank you all so much for your help xx

I know exactly how you feel because I've been there. I decided that I'd ignore the numbers on the scales and just focus on staying on plan. That was all I had to do... no stress about lbs lost, just staying on plan. Trying different meals and changing my healthy extras also gave me something else to focus on and not keep obsessing about the scales!!!

I decided that my missing motivation was all in my mind. Not that I was making it up, just that my mind needed time to catch up with my shrinking body!! I think that most of us will end up doing the brain/body battle from time to time.

Give yourself incredibly acheiveable goals - be realistic!!! eg. Maintain the weight you are now until the end of October (if you gain this week, aim to lose it by the end of October). Depending on how your losses usually go, aim for 1lb per week until Christmas (or if you're like me - a slow loser - aim for 1/2 lb).

Another focus which is a larger, yet not end goal - if you lose another 1/2 stone - YOU WILL BE HALF WAY TO TARGET!!!! :D :D :D I found that once I was half way there, it got easier. Once past the half way stage - you have less to lose than you've already lost!!!

Thank you all so much :) went food shopping tonight and feel like I made all the right choices. I'm getting weighed on Friday morning, but going to a group tomorrow aswell for a little extra help from image therapy :) x

Remember....

Remember why you started this journey. Check to see if those reasons are still valid. If they are - reaffirm them to yourself. If they aren't - maybe look at doing a "For & Against" list as to why you are wanting to loose weight.

Remember how far you have already come...

Remember - how life used to be - I'm sure that your journey has already made changes to you, how you feel, how you look, how much extra energy you have, how much your confidence has grown. Now make a choice - improve on all that by continuing the journey, or start the slippery slope back to where you were... I know which one i choose - every time.

Ian, I just wanted to say thank you :thankyou:

I had a weeny gain of 0.5lb yesterday and deserved it etc as had a horrid time lately and pretty much been maintaining what I've lost so far. I read your reply and you motivated me to continue, it made me look at what I want, how much better I feel etc etc, even for just losing a little, so thank you :D

Thank you all so much :) went food shopping tonight and feel like I made all the right choices. I'm getting weighed on Friday morning, but going to a group tomorrow aswell for a little extra help from image therapy :) x

Well done :D

I do find if I enjoy the food I stick to plan. Its worth trawling the recipes and ensuring you don't get bored :D it works for me. I also find if I space my food out all day I don't pick, ie I will have something small every 2 hours , on these days I succeed :D Goodluck sweetie you can do this and we will all help as much as we can xxxxx

Could you mix things up a bit? Try new foods. Maybe try some new exercise? Our bodies get to used to the same things & I think our minds get bored easily too, hence losing all our motivation!

Hi Roxanne, congratulations on losing two stone so far, think positively about the differences that has made to you - clothes, more energy, getting compliments, feeling healthier and better about yourself.

I can relate to what you've written, I've still got about 2 1/2 stone to lose and similar to you it seems like a very long time away! I'm actually thinking in a more positive way. I'm doing this for me, not because I need to for health reasons any more. I'm at the stage where I'm accepting me. I'm starting to like what I see in the mirror and being proud of my achievements. Yes I still have down days where I think I look fat etc, but these are now fewer. It's difficult to explain this new mind set, but for me its working, I'm more relaxed and trying not to put so much pressure on myself. In many people's eyes I could stay as I am eg clothes are size 12 top, 14 bottom, my asthma has cleared up, I can run nearly 6k, instead of being out of breath walking up a flight of stairs.

I suppose I'm trying to say be proud of yourself x

I feel like that too, it's as though it wasn't hurting me enough to try really hard anymore. But at the weekend, I didn't even want to go out of the house because i felt so awful about myself, and that is because I know I haven't been giving it my all.
Yesterday and today I have been so motivated, I've been using the Wii Fit with my boyfriend, and combining all free foods that i eat with superfree foods.
I'm getting weighed on friday, and hoping it pays off.

This is the first time I've ever used this site and I must say I'm so happy with all the tips you've given me! I feel SO motivated.

THANK YOU ALL! :)

This is the first time I've ever used this site and I must say I'm so happy with all the tips you've given me! I feel SO motivated.

THANK YOU ALL! :)

Glad to hear your feeling better and more motivated :)

No need to thank us - that's what we're here for! Good luck Friday, I hope you get a really great result :D xx

Hey guys. Lost half a pound. Think I had too many syns at the weekend and blew it. Back on track now though, haven't even had a weigh day blow out like usual x

Back