Motivation.

susan70

Gold Member
I cant remember who posted this last year (im sorry hope you dont mind me posting it again) but I have this printed out on my fridge. its great.xx

Fact: Stick to the plan and you definitely lose weight
Fact: You can control what you put in your mouth
Fact: You cannot control what the scales say.

So what do you celebrate? The scales showing a loss, or the fact that you kept to the diet all week?

What if you stick to the diet, but the scales don't reflect your effort? Will you be disappointed, even though you have done everything correctly and couldn't possibly do any better? Knowing that you will have lost weight…but it didn't mean anything because the scales are giving the wrong result?

What if you ‘cheat’ and the scales show a big loss…does that mean you've succeeded and need a pat on the back?

Or even if you've been 100% and the scales are showing a loss? Does it mean more to you? Does that mean you've done even better than 100%?

I think the scales are a wonderful tool. I weigh daily, and love seeing them give the same reading day in and out, but that’s not what I really celebrate.

I celebrate being in control of what I put in my mouth, because that’s what I have done. I don't celebrate what the scales say.

So if you've stayed the same one week, or just lost that one pound….if you've kept to the diet 100%, then be proud, because that’s what it’s all about. Stick to the diet and the weight is coming off….whether or not the scales agree. And you're worth the same amount of applause than those who have lost more.

1lbs, 1 stone, it doesn't matter. You can't do better than 100% after all ;)

So do me a favour, and next time you go to your CDC for a weigh in, if you've been 100%, go in rejoicing.

Tell him/her you are going to be one of their success stories, because you were in control this week and will be next. If the scales reflect this, that’s just the icing on the cake. You've lost weight anyway. You don't need a mechanical instrument to tell you whether you are in control or not ;)

progress.gif

I have actually just bought a 1lb fat blob from a anatomy company! This is because when you have lost 1lb you think it is small...my cdc had a 1lb fat platic model thing and it puts things into perspective... when I have a bad day I keep it in my bag... sounds a little sad but reminds me what 1lb actually is :)

what a brilliant idea Gunna make it, where did you buy your fat blob. I could carry it about with me as a constant reminder of what I am losing.
I am a big fan of The Biggest Loser (USA version) and they did a similar thing one week. They made a blob of fat the size of how much each finalist had lost and one blob was 97lb of " blob - fat", it was incredible and the contestant struggled to pick it up. Hard to imagine he had been dragging that about with him for many years.
I like visual aids it helps keep me focused. :)

Reading that makes you think , yes its being in control of what you put in your mouth . Scales can confuse your mind :)
hi Susan anyway , doing greatttttttttttt !

Thanks for posting that Susan, it's brilliant and so true!

Off to look at the fat blobs now lol! I will def get one when I become a CDC! Long way to go though! xx

I think it was KD who posted that last year. A very inspirational post. x

Gunna make it ... Hang on to that bag , if found people may think what the hell is that lol

how true, I would wonder as well. I suppose we could start a thread of " what would you do with a 1lb of fat" blob!

Back