Motorbike Season

cool, The SW bikers!

My hubby is a biker but there is no biker season for him. He's an all year biker come rain or shine (nutter!)

I passed my bike test and had an NSR 125 then got pregnant and stacked the weight on. Sold the bike and haven't riden or been pillion since. Although we do go to watch the bike racing at Oulton Park (I do motorsport photography as my hobby).

Hubby used to have a Kwak GPZ 900 but sold that and now has an VFR 750, FZR 750 and a ZXR 400. I've not been on the back of any of these.

He's always promised me a set of size 12 leathers for when I can get into them. I'll start going on the back again once my weight is down to a reasonable level. In the mean time I'll have to make do with photographing them.

You will get back on pillion and he will be getting you that leathers in no time at all you see, stick with it and you won't be doing the photographs you will be out having fun. We don't have biking season either we go out all year round come rain or shine.

annie, i've seen some of the photos you've posted and they're really good. Do i remember you mentioning the thunder sprint as well ?

annie, i've seen some of the photos you've posted and they're really good. Do i remember you mentioning the thunder sprint as well ?

You certainly do remember me mentioning the Thundersprint and my access all areas photographers press pass LOL. beginning of May and I can't wait. Glad you liked my photographs :D

done 500 miles on my bike this week.........i'm sortin a weekend away for a group of us.......so i've been to where we are stoppin, and been sortin a few routes out....... went out on saturday round northwales which is where i play most of the time...........
why wait till u get slim to go pillion? pass your test and ride ya own bike.......so much more fun when u have ya own bike............

I cant afford to take my test at the mo. When I had my old bike I loved it but always felt huge on it. Honestly I have a huge belly that needs to disappear before I get on a bike again, lol!

Another not so skinny biker here :D . Agree with Janie you don't have to be slim to ride a bike.

However, I do understand it might be a bit uncomfortable as a pillion on a GXR600 (or any other small sports bike for that matter ;)). Get your partner to buy another bike which you can sit on comfortably, too. Or, even better, get (back on) your own . It's so much more fun driving yourself :character00201: .

B. xx

We have talked about getting something bigger but decided we may just put a bigger engine in the one we've got. But we both love the bike and when I get my weigh off I'm really looking forward to being on it. TBH tho I'd feel self concious now on the back like everyone would be thinking " whats he got her on the back for " (no offence to any larger lady riders).

none taken.................i was a pillion for yrs, but got fedup bein there so i took me test and now ride a lot more than i even did pillion.....would never go pillion now..............

Back