Mouldy Nut Crunch, anyone?

Sez

has started again!!
Just opened two different and fully sealed nut Crunch bars, to find both with a coating of blue furry mould.:sign0137:

I know at my last meeting the LLC expressly told those of us who ate these bars that, because they are being made by a different supplier, they are very soft, and totally diff texture. She was adamant the quality was unaffected and they were totally fine to eat.

Any thoughts or advice?

Could just be the change to your diet that you are looking for! Variety is the spice of life they say:) I think the nut crunch is revolting, cant think that blue fuzz could possibly make it worse:) LOL.

Update on CD - the banana tetra pack in my opinion is really revolting, I hope really hope the choc one is nicer. Will have to drink the other 3 banana ones holding my nose I think! LL definately wins on this one:)

Molds On Food: Are They Dangerous?

Molds have branches and roots that are like very thin threads. The roots may be difficult to see when the mold is growing on food and may be very deep in the food. Foods that are moldy may also have invisible bacteria growing along with the mold.

I definitely would not eat them as mold is a sign that it is rotting away.

You are relying on this product to provide your vitamins and minerals so it must be in perfect condition.

Have you looked at the sell by date?

Sell by date is fine, first thing I checked!! I will take them to class on Thurs and ask my LLC....

AS for them being revolting anyway, sadly they are the only bar I can eat. All those polystyrene ones make me heave......urgh!!!!

just as well we dont all like the same things huh??

Well if they are within date and not sitting around your house I can't see why she should not be able to exchange them.

It is probably only this specific batch.

yuk!

Have you checked your other ones you have, if you have any that is..

Take them with you to your meeting, your counsellor can send them back and replace your ones.....

Good job you weren't eating them in the dark lol :D

yuk!

Have you checked your other ones you have, if you have any that is..

Take them with you to your meeting, your counsellor can send them back and replace your ones.....

Good job you weren't eating them in the dark lol :D

:sign0137::sign0137::sign0137::sign0137::sign0137::sign0137:

TBH. I dont think I will eat them again. I was just about with them, usually toasted, with a cup of Marigold but now the thought has put me right off!!!

So its liquids all the way for me from now on, unless anyone knows of any new bars from LL??

Its about time isnt it???

apparently there have been problems with the new bars and they wont be available till september. I know that isn't too far away now but I am sure my counsellor said end of Sept rather than beginning. Not sure how definite that is!

apparently there have been problems with the new bars and they wont be available till september. I know that isn't too far away now but I am sure my counsellor said end of Sept rather than beginning. Not sure how definite that is!

Well, thats one bit of good news. Our LLC plays her cards very close to her chest re: new products. We all knew nothing official on the new shakes until the day we were offered a taster!!

On the premise you had two then assume this is a general batch problem and not a specific bar.

Therefore I would call your LLC and let him/her know so they can remove that batch from general sale and make head office aware so they recall them.

Clearly they aren't supposed to be that way and I am sure your LLC will appreciate the news and hopefully sort you out with some nice new fresh ones.

Mike

Re LL bars: try the lemon bar made as biscuits (see recipes). They are delicious and you get 12 crunchy buscuits from one bar. Have with a mug of vegetable drink and it really fills you up.

Re: Banana tetra: pour into a mug, add extra water to fill the mug and heat in the microwave. You might find that more palatable if you dont like them cold.

Hiya

Remember if you "cook" any packs i.e. microwave them then you must only do this with a maximum of one pack a day as you damage some of the nutrients.

Officially Cambridge don't recommend you "cook" the packs but realise that people do and have said that you mustn't do it to more than 1.

Ta

Mike

Hiya

The warming is fine but you mustn't microwave them to warm them (I asked on my training as I used to heat a chocolate sachet for hot chocolate sometimes and was told it is the microwaving process which destroys some of the more fragile vitamins)

Mike

I may heat up the other 3 just so I can drink them but it does rather defeat the purpose of buying them in the first place! However thanks for the suggestion with the remaining ones - I hadn't thought of that as I never have any of my packs hot or cooked for that matter!

What are you doing online Icemoose? I thought you were in Florida ON HOLIDAY! Saw you in the CD magazine earlier today, is your singing truly as good as they suggest?

Hiya

My singing is best described as erratic!

And Florida!! No not me :-( went back in April this year but no more holidays this year! In fact nothing planned between now and Xmas so need to plan something!! Might have a weekend at Centre parcs me thinks.

Mike

Sorry Icemoose, thought I saw an email from you last night asking about a rodeo. It was late though - I may have not read it properly or even have dreamt it!

Back