Update on mouldy Nut Crunch

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Sez, 24 August 2007 Social URL.

1. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Took the mouldy bars, and my remaining unopened ones to my group last night, and had a quiet word with my LLC.

It seems LL are aware of this problem, I was not the first who had returned the bars to my pwn group! I was given an exchange, without any problems, but opted to try lemon bars again. (I cant face the thought of the blue fur....). I rejected all the other bars before because I couldnt stomach the texture, but I think I may try the lemon biscuits. I suppose if I dont get on with them, I will be on a liquid diet from now on!!

I am pretty annoyed that LL havent (to my knowledge) recalled the dodgy Nut Crunch bars tho. Surely, if a supermarket were aware of a batch issue with a product it would whipped off the shelves pretty smartly??
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. whatsnewpussycat

whatsnewpussycat Full Member

Lighter Life
    That's awful. I can't believe they're knowingly still giving out furry bars. I hope she's stopped giving out bars from that batch now?

Oh god, I'm going on holiday on Wednesday for 2 weeks and I've got a nut bar for every day whilst I'm away (I thought the others might melt, so opted for nut ones instead). I really really hope I don't find I've packed some little blue furry friends. Yuk.
  4. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Sounds pretty ugh :eek:
  5. Eileen

Eileen likes posting.

Slimming world.
    They really should recall them.
  6. Madam Mimm

Madam Mimm Full Member

My counsellor told me they had a new baker for the Nut Crunch bars & that was the reason there were "dud" ones. I 've hears that some were mouldy (like mine), some were burnt, some were more crumbly than usual & one only contained about a third of the packet!
    I was horrified when I opened up the packet & saw this green furry thing inside - I was so hungry I wondered if I could nibble round the edges! LOL. Didn't though I'm glad to say!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.