Update on mouldy Nut Crunch

Sez

has started again!!
Took the mouldy bars, and my remaining unopened ones to my group last night, and had a quiet word with my LLC.

It seems LL are aware of this problem, I was not the first who had returned the bars to my pwn group! I was given an exchange, without any problems, but opted to try lemon bars again. (I cant face the thought of the blue fur....). I rejected all the other bars before because I couldnt stomach the texture, but I think I may try the lemon biscuits. I suppose if I dont get on with them, I will be on a liquid diet from now on!!

I am pretty annoyed that LL havent (to my knowledge) recalled the dodgy Nut Crunch bars tho. Surely, if a supermarket were aware of a batch issue with a product it would whipped off the shelves pretty smartly??

That's awful. I can't believe they're knowingly still giving out furry bars. I hope she's stopped giving out bars from that batch now?

Oh god, I'm going on holiday on Wednesday for 2 weeks and I've got a nut bar for every day whilst I'm away (I thought the others might melt, so opted for nut ones instead). I really really hope I don't find I've packed some little blue furry friends. Yuk.

My counsellor told me they had a new baker for the Nut Crunch bars & that was the reason there were "dud" ones. I 've hears that some were mouldy (like mine), some were burnt, some were more crumbly than usual & one only contained about a third of the packet!
I was horrified when I opened up the packet & saw this green furry thing inside - I was so hungry I wondered if I could nibble round the edges! LOL. Didn't though I'm glad to say!

Back