Mountain to climb!!

Alia

Silver Member
:cry: I'm sure we all feel like this at times but I've got so much weight to lose that I seem to have the biggest mountain possible to climb. I've lost 3 stone and that is barely a drop in the ocean. People say they can see the difference but if I'm honest I can't really. I had pretty much become too large for most of the clothes in my wardrobe and was squeezing myself into them and granted a couple are feeling a little loser but most still don't go anywhere near me as they should.

I bought myself some new maxi dresses thinking that cause I'd lost the 3 stone I'd be miss slinky all of a sudden but I ended up feeling like a huge blob of material and out of all of them (5) I've kept one that looked just ok and one that I just can't take back cause its so gorgeous but I doubt that I'll ever wear it and the rest were so not a good look on me. Why is it that I lose a few stone and unrealistically think I'm a size 10 lol

I have days when I'm feeling so positive and think I've done well but today I'm not feeling it!!

I'm exactly the same hun. I've also lost 3 stone & have been feeling good, had much more energy etc etc. Then my daughter took a photo of me & I thought - who's that fat blob? Of course it's me!

Tonight I tried on some new clothes from one of the catalogue sales. I ordered tons of stuff, to celebrate my weight loss, but in front of the mirror I looked ridiculous in most of them, because I'm still big. So I'm keeping two t-shirts & that's it.

BUT .... we are going the right way! Yes, we may not yet be slim, BUT WE WILL BE!!!! We are moving in the right direction. Three stone is nothing to be sniffed at - my six year old weighs three stone & believe me she'd kill your back after a few yards of carrying her!

We'll get there. Those three stones, even the odd pound, will all add up. Keep at it, chin up (chins plural in my case!) we've done brilliantly so far. Three stone is pretty amazing! Also, look how much your BMI has dropped - that's so good for your overall health.

BIG PAT ON THE BACK - WELL DONE YOU!

I'm exactly the same hun. I've also lost 3 stone & have been feeling good, had much more energy etc etc. Then my daughter took a photo of me & I thought - who's that fat blob? Of course it's me!

Tonight I tried on some new clothes from one of the catalogue sales. I ordered tons of stuff, to celebrate my weight loss, but in front of the mirror I looked ridiculous in most of them, because I'm still big. So I'm keeping two t-shirts & that's it.

BUT .... we are going the right way! Yes, we may not yet be slim, BUT WE WILL BE!!!! We are moving in the right direction. Three stone is nothing to be sniffed at - my six year old weighs three stone & believe me she'd kill your back after a few yards of carrying her!

We'll get there. Those three stones, even the odd pound, will all add up. Keep at it, chin up (chins plural in my case!) we've done brilliantly so far. Three stone is pretty amazing! Also, look how much your BMI has dropped - that's so good for your overall health.

BIG PAT ON THE BACK - WELL DONE YOU!

:cry: I'm sure we all feel like this at times but I've got so much weight to lose that I seem to have the biggest mountain possible to climb. I've lost 3 stone and that is barely a drop in the ocean. People say they can see the difference but if I'm honest I can't really. I had pretty much become too large for most of the clothes in my wardrobe and was squeezing myself into them and granted a couple are feeling a little loser but most still don't go anywhere near me as they should.

I bought myself some new maxi dresses thinking that cause I'd lost the 3 stone I'd be miss slinky all of a sudden but I ended up feeling like a huge blob of material and out of all of them (5) I've kept one that looked just ok and one that I just can't take back cause its so gorgeous but I doubt that I'll ever wear it and the rest were so not a good look on me. Why is it that I lose a few stone and unrealistically think I'm a size 10 lol

I have days when I'm feeling so positive and think I've done well but today I'm not feeling it!!

You have both done so well guy's, please do not under estimate your worth and achievement. Yes it is true that we all crave the quick fix and that is so tough to deal with, particularly if we do not see or imagine we do not see what we want to.

Through my own journey I have come to learn that I am truely in this for the long term as being fit, healthy and happy is what I truely crave and what I want for myself. It has taken me an absolute age to acknowlede this for myself and to understand that my journey has also been about learning to accept who I am, to love who I am, to be realistic, to trust my judgement, to allow myself to live, not to punish myself and to accept compliments.

You are doing great guy's - keep it up

Alia/Jan... It's all too easy when faced with the mountain to want it all and want it all tomorrow. And all too easy to get disheartened when we can't get it.

Rome wasn't built in a day and we can't loose all our unwanted weight in a day. We all know what weight we want to be and it's good to have that in the back of our minds - but in the meantime - take it step by step, target by target. each little step is important - be that each half stone award, or by giving yourself a target to be in a certain size or weight band by a certain time (providing those are realistic to achieve - if you're loosing 2lb a week, asking to loose 3 stone in 10 weeks is probably pushing it, aiming for 24lb in that 10weeks gives that little push and allows for a good week or two).

And above all else - remember one thing. YOU CAN DO IT.

It's very daunting starting out with a lot of weight to lose, but just look at some of the posters here who've lost 10st+! As Ian says it CAN be done, yes it will take time but that's good, it means your mind will have a chance to absorb the changes happening to your body.

Six months or a year from now you'll be looking back with a feeling of amazement at how far you've come in what now seems like such a short time!

Firstly, well done both of you for your achievements so far. I know exactly what you mean, when you start out with a lot to lose, it can take a long time to lose it and so you can feel like it's never ending. But at times like this, a little visualisation can really help. Three stone, it sounds like quite a small number, but three stone equates to 42lb, which is about 20 bags of sugar, or 42 packets of butter! That's a pretty amazing amount of body weight to shift! I think it is really easy to diminish your achievement, when you think of it in it's lowest numerical terms, three doesn't sound like a large amount of anything, but seven new born babies or forty two packets of butter gives you a much better visual idea of exactly what that translates to.

Don't worry about the clothes you ordered that don't feel right or fit you nicely. You just saved yourselves a fortune because in a few short months they wouldn't have fit you either, they will be far too big!!!

You will get there. Don't let the negative outweigh the positive, because there is a lot of positive.

Every pound you lose is a big step up that mountain hun, you have done brilliantly with your losses so far and need to focus on that, I have now lost a total of 126lbs and its not been an easy journey you will wobble on the way, and will get down and disheartened, but you have a lifetime to achieve this. I am now only a few lbs from target but I still cant wear all the clothes that I wanted to at the start of my journey as my shape and wobbly bits just dont allow it. But you will find what suits you and trust me once you do you just wont stop shopping!

youve done incredibly well just to arrive here. If you need further inspiration read the stories of everyone who replied to you and then go and look at the before and after pics on the sticky.

You have done so well hun and i cant add anymore than what the others said but you will do it, you have the determined to get to goal. Just put that beautiful dress that you said you can send back stick it up on the outside of your wardrobe so everyday you can see it because in a few months you will be in that and looking fab x

i have a huge mountain aswell and people say they notice but i am a bit negative and cant see it but just break it down into chunks rather than the end result and set yourself mini targets so when you smash them its all good

You're doing brilliantly so far. Nothing to be disheartened about - you're losing weight, and at a good rate, and you'll get there :)

Try not to think about it as a temporary diet, however, as this will reinforce the feeling you have that you need to get there in a hurry.
It's best to consider the way we eat on the SW plan as a change for life. Now I've started thinking about it that way, I'm happy to have the odd off-day, and settle readily for a 1-2lb loss per week knowing that I am now living and eating healthily, and will hopefully carry on the same from now on.
I don't intend to suddenly start eating McDonald's breakfasts again when I'm 12st, although I'll have to guard agains that urge.
I've also bought clothes which I thought I would get into and was miles off in my estimation, but you should keep some of them as an incentive to help you focus on why you are doing this, and soon, as mentioned above, even these will be too big for you :)

Good luck.

Thanks for all the replies here, it's really helped me put things in to perspective and see the bigger picture and after tonights weightloss I'm feeling really motivated and ready for the weeks to come xxxx

You've done so well, it must be frustrating that you can't yet see the difference that those 3 stone off making to you.
I'm sure that other people can, but it's not about other people it's about how you feel. At least you kept one of the dresses and maybe, trying them on as you loose each 1/2 stone will make you feel better.

Keep at it, the weight loss so far will be fabulous for your health. Hopefully you'll see your results.

Q

Back