Moving from Exante to WW, Need advice please!

hollyadele

slowly shrinking!
Hi There,

Tomorrow morning will be my final weigh in since starting Exante 4 weeks ago, after a sneeky weigh in today i can see that in these last 4 weeks i've lost 21lbs. I'm thrilled with the result but am deciding to move to WW for several reasons. Firstly I can't afford another £100 for a months supply, secondly I have been on my TOTM (too much info I know!) for the past 3 weeks on and off because of the diet and thirdly I want to start exercising and can't do that on Exante. Plus the obvious reason of wanting to learn to eat healthily again and taste food on a daily basis!

I've done WW before and had small success's that i've later ruined by falling into old eating habits, this time round ive had the support of this amazind forum and some inspirational people. I am determined to use WW to continue losing weight as I would like to lose at least another 24lbs (preferably 31 though)

I know how WW works and have done it recently enough that the propoints had been brought in but i'm pretrified of eating since doing Exante is so low carb, is there anyone on here that has switched from VLCD/Low carb to WW and if so how did you do it? did u regain much weight? etc etc

Many Thanks

Hol x

hollyadele said:
Hi There,

Tomorrow morning will be my final weigh in since starting Exante 4 weeks ago, after a sneeky weigh in today i can see that in these last 4 weeks i've lost 21lbs. I'm thrilled with the result but am deciding to move to WW for several reasons. Firstly I can't afford another £100 for a months supply, secondly I have been on my TOTM (too much info I know!) for the past 3 weeks on and off because of the diet and thirdly I want to start exercising and can't do that on Exante. Plus the obvious reason of wanting to learn to eat healthily again and taste food on a daily basis!

I've done WW before and had small success's that i've later ruined by falling into old eating habits, this time round ive had the support of this amazind forum and some inspirational people. I am determined to use WW to continue losing weight as I would like to lose at least another 24lbs (preferably 31 though)

I know how WW works and have done it recently enough that the propoints had been brought in but i'm pretrified of eating since doing Exante is so low carb, is there anyone on here that has switched from VLCD/Low carb to WW and if so how did you do it? did u regain much weight? etc etc

Many Thanks

Hol x

Mind the carbs! I'm doing ww as I need the flexibility - but I'm conscious this week lots of my food choices whilst in points are unhealthy - need to get a grip

hey have u switched from a low carb diet then? I've just been looking through the ketogenic friendly food list on the Exante forum and think i'm going to start off incredibly low carb and slowly start introducing them back in step by step, i know I will have some gain but want to keep it as low as possible :)

Hol x

hollyadele said:
hey have u switched from a low carb diet then? I've just been looking through the ketogenic friendly food list on the Exante forum and think i'm going to start off incredibly low carb and slowly start introducing them back in step by step, i know I will have some gain but want to keep it as low as possible :)

Hol x

I did really well on a veggie low carb plan a while ago at about 20 g per day - but recently the carbs have snuck back - I don't have carbs in the evening - but I need to not use ww as an excuse to eat anything but keep medium low carb. It's the risk of ww for me but also the flexibility I need!

I did really well on a veggie low carb plan a while ago at about 20 g per day - but recently the carbs have snuck back - I don't have carbs in the evening - but I need to not use ww as an excuse to eat anything but keep medium low carb. It's the risk of ww for me but also the flexibility I need!

My plan is similar, follow ww low carb. I want to minimise white carbs definitely and keep to wholegrain if I do have them. Have u started ww yet? I'm following the Liprotrim re-feed week programme and then starting ww on Monday. A girl who went from Exante to ww just started eating normally for a week with healthy choices but quite a few carbs, started ww the next week and didnt put any weight on, I don't dare take that risk in case of putting a stone back on in a week!

Hol x

My plan is similar, follow ww low carb. I want to minimise white carbs definitely and keep to wholegrain if I do have them. Have u started ww yet? I'm following the Liprotrim re-feed week programme and then starting ww on Monday. A girl who went from Exante to ww just started eating normally for a week with healthy choices but quite a few carbs, started ww the next week and didnt put any weight on, I don't dare take that risk in case of putting a stone back on in a week!

Hol x

Hiya and welcome, I was following Slim and Save before my holiday in June. I re-fed for the week leading upto the holiday introducing a new food group each day and managed to still lose 3/4 lb ( gained alot on holiday but expected that )

I did another week of Slim and Save after getting back but just wasn't happy so switched to Juddd ( Up and down diet ) but now switched to WW. I have minimsed my gains from leaving VLCD's greatly but they do say you can expect to gain anything from 3-7lb in water once coming out of Ketosis - you don't see the weight gain other than on your scales as its the glycogen refilling.

I do think a gradual introduction to carbs for the first few weeks is the best way forward plus will help with any bloating.

I'm now 4 weeks on from leaving VLCD's, never had any big gains - 2.5 was my max thankfully and scales are moving down again ( I hope, first WW weigh in tomorrow night )

Good luck, WW is great at educating portion sizes and freedom of choice etc.

xx

Hey Loopeylou thankyou for your advice, its good to hear that your highest gain has onyl been 2.5lbs, i keep worrying about putting on a stone the first time I eat, i will definitely be slowly introducing the carbs and keeping them low in general from now on.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, im sure you will have a good loss the first week :) and congratulations on all the weight you've lost so far already!

I'll be starting next Monday so we will be a couple of weeks apart but I look forward to seeing how you get on :)

Hol x

Hey Loopeylou thankyou for your advice, its good to hear that your highest gain has onyl been 2.5lbs, i keep worrying about putting on a stone the first time I eat, i will definitely be slowly introducing the carbs and keeping them low in general from now on.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, im sure you will have a good loss the first week :) and congratulations on all the weight you've lost so far already!

I'll be starting next Monday so we will be a couple of weeks apart but I look forward to seeing how you get on :)

Hol x

Good luck for Monday, if you need any help please ask :D
xx

Back