Moving Out - CHECK Quit Smoking -CHECK Weightloss? Let the adventure begin...

Poppylops

EXPLAIN AND RECLAIM

After a failed attempted to loss weight in June, I am now 100% ready to embark on this life changing adventure and I will tell you why and how i am going to do it...

I am 30 years old now and on the lead up to my 30th Birthday I had achieve nothing. It was JUNE and I was living in Surrey with a loser boyfriend. I had not a penny to my name. Smoking and drinking filled my time. Living in a horrid HORRID 1 bedroom flat and working in a pub a few days a week. I had just failed my 3rd year of university (bearing in mind i had been on for a great mark in the first 2 years!)I was unhappy with my weight, appearance and lifestyle. This was not what i had preconceived my life to be... I had let myself go down into a pit of overindulged unhealthy living that was sending me crazy..

So i decided to change it.. to become a person that my parents could be proud of. To become a person that I
could be proud of...

First step was to move away.. How can you change, when all the things that make you bad are around you? So i left. I packed up a few important things and my dog and i left... I left him, them and it. I left everything..

I ended up in Durham. Staying at a friends house for the first few months to pick myself up again.(I owe him so much for that..)

I started selling things i brought from car boot sales on ebay to survive and began to feel stronger..

That was JULY...

In AUGUST i felt a little more like me again.. My 30th was coming and i needed to do something that proved i was in control of my life again.. so what better thing to do then to remove the thing from your life that was STILL controlling you, even after all the huge steps you took...that thing that had me needing it for 17 years. over twenty times a day.. constant..uncontrollable and essential.. something I put in my head I couldn't live without.. If i could quit i could do anything..

Now, if you asked me in APRIL what was the hardest vice to give up? i would of said smoking..

but as my 30th birthday arrived and went i did it.. i quit.. and as SEPTEMBER and OCTOBER went by i carried on quitting.. without a slip up or look back i did it..

Over these months my little Ebay venture had flourished.. and i decided to turn it into a full fledged business. I moved into a lovely home with that good friend of mine (that's another story... ;):p)
Drinking became a pleasant night out rather then "the only thing to do on an evening.."

Things still are hard sometimes i wont lie but i have so many positive things around me now that its not as hard as it was before... and you know what, i feel proud of myself again and i feel like i am achieving things...

So what a perfect time to announce my WEIGHTLESS JOURNEY to you all! To not say i am going to try but that i am going to DO. that's the key my friends.. its doing, not trying.. cause we can DO ANYTHING! and my small piece of advice to you is that when ever you have that 5 minute question in your head :confused: of should I break my diet? FIGHT IT! :mad: cause that question only lasts for a few minutes and then its over.. gone.. out your head! ... OF COURSE! until the next one.. BUT YOU CAN SAY NO and they do get less and less frequent the more you fight and it does get easier! Dont be controlled by anything.. cause SHORT TERM its makes you happy but trust me LONG TERM HAPPINESS is much better.. :)

SLIMMING WORLD - LETS DO THIS!!!! :D

Poppy x

Wow, well done on so many changes in such a short space of time - kind of scary. You're very brave and inspirational! Good luck with your weight loss!

Back