moving the goalposts.....

surfinbernard

We all do it, get close to the goal and think 'hmmmm another 10lb off and I will look killer in those jeans' or 'how many more lb to lose the bulge above my bra strap' and so on. I just wonder should I change my goal now or wait until I reach it so I can feel all chuffed first? haha I suppose it doesn't matter really, I know my goal has moved in my head already. 8 and a half stone or under please!

What do you folks do when you change your mind about the end goal? Move it straight away or wait until you reach your original goal? I have about 4-5 pounds to lose before I reach my original-ish target which I changed from 9st4lb to 9st quite early on.

its just like you said babe...once the new goal clicks into place in your head, it doesnt matter what you tell yourself, that is the new target!

i do this all the time!

before every monthly weigh day i tell myself 'i will be happy even if i have just lost another three pounds'.....but if i step on those scales and i see anything less than a 6 or seven pound loss, i get really grumpy!

so i have just accepted that i will always be expecting good results from myself....sometimes i will achieve them and sometimes i wont, but i think its better to have goals in your mind rather than having the attitude where you dont really care if you reach your goals or not.....but thats just me....i am quite driven....

i think the secret is to allow yourself the changing goals, but if you dont always reach them in the time scale you had hoped for, dont let it put you off!

good luck to you with your latest goals babe! xxx

When you get to a certain stage I think you should live in your body for a bit, see how you feel then carry on? I'm not entirely sure though, I'd like to see what everyone else says. Then how do you know when to finally stop?

thatlittlebit said:
When you get to a certain stage I think you should live in your body for a bit, see how you feel then carry on? I'm not entirely sure though, I'd like to see what everyone else says. Then how do you know when to finally stop?

Hee hee - I tell you when I get there!!!- nearly 2.5 years wanting to lose baby weight - 18lb to get me to what I'd lost before being pregnant which was 9.2/4 and I'd not quite finished. I'm now 9.8 (lost 12 so far - and most of those I've lost more than once) and it's taking almost a month per pound!!! I want to be hovering between 8.10/9 and really really toned.

I remember dipping below 10 again a little while ago and swore I'd never be 10 something again and I've achieved that which feels great

I agree with living in your new shape for a bit and then evaluate sensibly rather than keeping moving the goal posts and not reflecting on what you've achieved

Back