Multivitamin - Non sugar coated?

Want2BeSlim

Gold Member
I remember reading a post on this section of the forum saying not to get a multivitamin that is sugar coated.

So here comes the stupid part of my thread... how do I tell if they are sugar coated? Is it normally literally written on the packet somewhere?

I just bought a pack from Sainsbury's as I'm going to have 3 packs and a protein meal all week this week. I got the 'Healthy! Sainsbury's Multivitamins x60 one a day tablets'. There's nothing written on the tub saying sugar coated. It just says:
This product does not contain colours so the natural appearance may vary over time.
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.

Ingredients:
Calcium Carbonate, Ascorbic Acid, Cellulose, Maltodextrin, Nicotinamide, Vitamin E Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Modified Maize Starch, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Acacia, Silicon Dioxide, Maize Starch, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Mannitol, Sucrose, Talc, Folic Acid, Antioxidant (Tocopherol), Triglycerides, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12.

I am probably going to buy another type next week when I can get into town.

I've decided not to take them, maybe I'm just hugely paranoid. Still going to have the 3 packs this week minus the multivitamin though.

I dont think the coating on a single tab would have that much effect would it???

I have the boots own multivit and ginseng.... never had any problems!! X

Back