Mums are a scary lot!!

Starlight

Gold Member
My mum has ALWAYS maintained that my brother and I cant pull the wool over her eyes and you know what I really do believe it!!

I had a migraine today and didnt have any of my usual tablets left so took other, slightly stronger ones and went to bed.

Woke up and was just getting up when my mum phoned - theyre currently on holiday.

Within 5 mins on the phone, and despite my inital denial, she could not only identify that I was just up, but also knew Id had a migraine AND what painkillers Id taken - without any help from me at all :eek::eek::eek:

How do you mothers do that lol

:rotflmao: My pal and I had a theory years ago that you get taught all these things at ante natal classes... that and things like 'Sorry, you dont know the meaning of the word sorry' and 'I dont care what X Y or Z does youre my son/daughter youll do what I say' and a whole host of other 'mum' type sayings lol

The thing is when I asked her how she knew the tablets Id taken she said 'I can tell by your voice' EH?????

Lol, I really am not allowed to tell you - it's a sworn solemn oath that all mother's take to not reveal how they do it!! :giggle:

My eldest hates it though - I can always tell when something isn't right and it drives her batty :silly:

My 2 think mum's are psychic or something 'cos I ALWAYS know if they're hiding something from me.:D

Whenever they ask "How did you know?" I always say that Mum's know EVERYTHING and nod knowingly! :D;)

Hehe D Q - I think it develops when we're pregnant and comes into force as soon as the baby's born!

Tis true. We often know as clearly as if it had been said. I have this thing where I will always wake if one of the kids come into my bedroom at night. Even if they are silent (and I'm half deaf anyway). Can sleep through an alarm, but will wake immediately if they just stand in the room.

I know they are there. Don't have to open my eyes. Can feel their presence.

Can also tell if they are going down with something, even if they are jumping around, looking the picture of health and not feeling the slightest ill. Just seem to know (usually:p)

Back