Mung Bean Wrap Help

Ok a few questions if thats ok :)

Did the member who posted to sw asking about these being synned get a responce?

Also - I have made my batter (possibly added a little to much water though trying to get a thick batter consistency rather than a gloopy mix??? ) - its sat in the fridge now waiting for tonight's cooking.

Now - I have no crepe pan so was just planning on using my frypan. Do i need to get the pan really hot? I am worried it will burn, esp if I have to push the mixture down with a spoon to level out (which again makes me think my mix is to thin!!)

Oh & if they are a sucess - what fillings would be recomended? I am wondering if a dip of some description is needed.

Thanks x

Well I made them & a complete sucess :D

Yay! I made a bit of an arse of mine although they were yummy, so can you give me some tips for next time? How much water/how hot the pan/did you use non-stick pan/oil etc? Ta! x

I tried to liquidise the beans and they would not so I add small amounts of water until they started to liquidise you will see it starting if you watch! I used a pancake non-stick pan. Good luck!

I tried to liquidise the beans and they would not so I add small amounts of water until they started to liquidise you will see it starting if you watch! I used a pancake non-stick pan. Good luck!

Ah, I didnt hve any trouble liquidising them, but the mix was too thick at the end and wouldnt spread out so I had to add quite a lot of water. Also they burnmt pretty quickly so I had to turn the heat down even though it said to use high heat. Just me, everyone else seems to have managed fine :D

i have my mung beans soaking since last nite, could i use a hand blender to blend these and is it ok to make them the nite b4 and keep in the fridge?

I left mine soaking for nearly 2 days. Ive never had a hand blender so I dont know how good they are, but it's pretty tough to blend unless yoiuve got it in a very confined space. I used my mini chopper, I dont think a big processor would be any good at all and I dont know how good hand mixers are.

I made all my wraps at once and put the spares in the fridge separated by cling film but Im sure its be fine to leave the mix in there too. I used the second wrap today but it was a bit dry and tough (then again I didn't cook them very well! :D ) so you might be better off just keeping the mix and doing it as and when you need one. (Although personally i couldn't stand the mess of making them more than once in a week!)

I used a hand blender for mine. I cooked them as needed but left the batter mix in the fridge. I ended up adding a fair amount of water to my beans when blitzing & didn't have my pan that hot. Also when I put the mix in the pan, I used a plastic knife to keep spreading the mixture round like icing a cake!!

yeah was gonna do em 2moz morning, but i get up at about 6ish make me other halfs breakfast for him cos he leaves early so time aint on myside in the mornings, how do u know when there ready to blend?

Hi all!

More Mung Bean wrap help here please!

I have had my beans soaking for 48 hours- will they be ok if I keep them in water until tomorrow and then blitz them? They can't 'over soak' can they? They won't get bad or anything?

Also, how long could I keep the batter for once blitzed? Will it go bad?

Thank you- looking forward to trying these tomorrow!

I leave mine 2 days as stated and always gr8!

i leave mine to soak for 2days aswell. i have made them and they turned out fine. made it like a thick batter.i added garlic to mine aswell. i also browned the top under the grill like i would do an omelette. i have got a non stick pan and use that so no oil but did use a little frylight.

i also leave the batter in the fridge and make them as and when needed.

Pete’s Mung Bean Wraps

Ingredients

200g/Cup of Mung/Moong Beans
Makes about 8 wraps
Salt
Method

Soak the beans in cold water for between 12 -48 hrs. Depending whether they are split beans or whole, changing the water at regular intervals, removing any hardened beans.
When ready grind them using a food processer and a small amount of water, adding salt, until you have a mixture similar to a pancake mix but slightly thicker.
Heat a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light until its hot then ladle the mix and smooth out using the base of the ladle to form a thin coating, cook for 3-4 mins and flip over and cook until the other side is done. Use for wraps while still slightly warm to ensure easy folding.

Attachments

• Moong Beans-2 (Large).JPG
    Moong Beans-2 (Large).JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Mung Wrap (Large).JPG
    Mung Wrap (Large).JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 159
Just made these, very thick mixture and I should have added more water, very nice though and will improve my 'technique'.

Hi all!

More Mung Bean wrap help here please!

I have had my beans soaking for 48 hours- will they be ok if I keep them in water until tomorrow and then blitz them? They can't 'over soak' can they? They won't get bad or anything?

Also, how long could I keep the batter for once blitzed? Will it go bad?

Thank you- looking forward to trying these tomorrow!

Hiya, you could soak the beans for 3 days at a pinch, you don't want to soak longer though otherwise the beans will start fermenting and you might end up with some kind of beany beer! Make sure you change the water they're soaking in often as well, at least twice a day. Also when you've blended it, it can keep in the fridge for about 4 days. I keep my batter in the fridge and cook the wraps as I need. A good idea is to refrigerate half and freeze half in individual portions in the corner end of plastic baggies. When you need it, defrost overnight in the fridge and to cook just snip the pointy corner of the bag with scissors and squeeze directly into your pan.

Hiya, you could soak the beans for 3 days at a pinch, you don't want to soak longer though otherwise the beans will start fermenting and you might end up with some kind of beany beer! Make sure you change the water they're soaking in often as well, at least twice a day. Also when you've blended it, it can keep in the fridge for about 4 days. I keep my batter in the fridge and cook the wraps as I need. A good idea is to refrigerate half and freeze half in individual portions in the corner end of plastic baggies. When you need it, defrost overnight in the fridge and to cook just snip the pointy corner of the bag with scissors and squeeze directly into your pan.

You are full of brilliant ideas! Must try the frozen bag thing.

I was soaking some that should have been ready yesterday but I didnt have time so they're still there today - er I never thought of changing the water... I may get drunk on lunch today then? :D

I used a hand blender for mine. I cooked them as needed but left the batter mix in the fridge. I ended up adding a fair amount of water to my beans when blitzing & didn't have my pan that hot. Also when I put the mix in the pan, I used a plastic knife to keep spreading the mixture round like icing a cake!!

Thanks hun this is really helpful as I don't have a food processor just a hand blender and when I attempted them yesterday they basically just flew out my mixing jug and all over the kitchen, they weren't soaked enough and still hard. I have had them soaking for around two days now, just changed the water and going to leave them a little longer and attempt them later on.

It always seems the simpler the recipe, the more likely it is to go wrong for me - TYPICAL! :rolleyes:

Back