Extra Easy Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup - Just like the takeaway version!

I've just made this as something a bit different and I'm amazed at how much it's like the real thing!

Serves 2 generous portions at either 1 or 2 syns for the lot, depending on how much cornflour used :)

Ingredients
1 x Chicken Breast
2 x Garlic clove (crushed)
1/2 tsp of grated ginger
1 x Knorr Chicken Stock Pot made up with 600ml water
340g tin of sweetcorn (you could get away with a smaller tin)
2 tbsp cornflour (2 syns - you could get away with just 1 tbsp really)
Juice of half a lemon
1 x large egg white
1/2 nest of ultra fine dry noodles broken into 1-2cm pieces (optional)*

*I added the noodles to bulk it out and make it more of a meal than soup and it actually worked really well!

Method
1. Fry the chicken breast in the garlic and ginger on a low heat then lift out and shred
2. Mix the cornflour with a small amount of stock and pour into a pan with the shredded chicken, then add the remaining stock and allow to simmer for 5 minutes whilst it thickens
3 Add the drained, tinned sweetcorn and allow to warm for a minute (if using frozen this will obviously take longer!)
4. If adding noodles, add and allow to cook for a further two minutes (or as per instructions)
5. Whisk the egg white with the juice of the lemon and slowly pour into the mixture using a fork to divide it up as it cooks to create thin slivers
6. Eat! - Word of warning, if using noodles it's best to eat it all right away rather than leaving to warm up and eat later as they soak up the stock - it's still yummy but turns to more of a stodge which might not be to some people's taste

I was pleasantly surprised at how alike it was to my local takeaway version, really easy to make and something a bit different compared to what I usually eat!

Enjoy :)

Sounds really good. I'd be weary of the egg white tho as me and eggs tend yo have an odd relationship. I never seem to be able to make egg work out right for me

Back