Musos! Where are the performers!

VictoriaJ

Are there any fellow Musos?

I'm a singer but haven't done anything professional in a while due to work and being ill. Miss it so much! I have covers on my youtube link if anyone wants a listen :)

I used to be a professional clarinettist and saxophone player in a theatre orchestra, but had to stop after a bad accident. I don't miss the touring and living out of suitcases - or the hours of rehearsal and practice - but I do miss the camaraderie... And the practical jokes we used to play in the pit, like the time we put half a set of false teeth on the conductor's chair so that he'd get bite marks on his behind.... Happy days! :D

Yep, I'm a musician. Singer songwriter guitarist electronic music producer! Nice to see there is a small music community on here!
I've got a soundcloud page if you want to hear some of my more electronic work!
Currently writing material for the Hebden Blues Festival in 2013, fingers crossed I'll be a performer there!

Another woodwind player over here - sax & flute. Not played properly in around a year (pregnancy play havoc with trying to blow properly) but itching to get back to it soon. Now if someone could just add a few hours to my day so I could fit it in.

Nick, let me know if you get that gig in Hebden as I'm in West Yorkshire & was thinking of checking out the festival this year.

Another woodwind player over here - sax & flute. Not played properly in around a year (pregnancy play havoc with trying to blow properly) but itching to get back to it soon. Now if someone could just add a few hours to my day so I could fit it in.

Nick, let me know if you get that gig in Hebden as I'm in West Yorkshire & was thinking of checking out the festival this year.

Hi katbroon!

The festival has passed for this year, but it should be on again next July! I've actually been working with a local group of creative people in Halifax as of late, so if anything interesting pops up over this way I will definitely let you know!

By the way, sax & flute! Very impressed!!! Always wanted to play a Saxophone!

I meant to say was thinking of checking it out but something else came up. Next year hopefully we will make it. :)

Excellent! Well I actually help to organise (and perform in) events for creative people in Halifax. We just did our first event, an exhibition for local artist and photographers, and it went very well indeed! Raised around £300 for a good cause. The next big event we are planning is going to be a mini-festival so I'll let you know how that goes.

I also have something rather special up my sleeve planned for next summer. A "Free in the park" acoustic music event, performed from an old band-stand. Hoping it will all work out! The future is bright and down right funky at the moment!!!

I play the guitar and i used to play in heavy metal bands for years but havent for the past few. Ive played all over the country and probably the biggest band we supported was Bullet for my Valentine. If you go on you tube and type in Drag The Lake - Balboaconstrictor theres a live video from Rock City, Nottingham i am the one to the far right. I would think most people would hate it though, unless you like heavy metal haha.

There are a few of us oldies that used to be into metal that still dabble from time to time lol. I used to love slayer, paradise lost, cradle of filth. But stick to classic and softer rock these days. Chilli's and Metallica. I will certainly check out your gig on utube!

If u like new fresh bands, check out frowser. That's my mates band, they are pretty awesome!!

Hi,

I am a trombonist in a Ska Band! we play all sorts of gigs, including festivals, weddings, pubs etc :)

I do a bit of everthing - primarily a dancer but sing and act too. It's all taken a bit of a backseat for uni work but i miss it a lot. Not the skimpy outfits that went with it though...

Im the singer in a rock covers band \m/

Singer here :) It was my voice that got me through my music GCSE if I'm honest. Definitely wasn't my piano :D

Back