Must we drink 3 milkshakes a day?

SandyKH

I actually looked forward to the milkshakes on the first and second days but they're so horrible now!! I know I can survive on two so my question is must we drink 3 milkshakes a day?

What happens if I don't but I carry on drinking 4 litres of water a day?

You do need all 3 hun. If you have less you will not get all the nutrients you need. The diet is designed to give you the MINIMUM you need to live calorie, and protein and vitamin etc wise on 3 a day. Less than that you are starving.
I probably shouldn't tell you this but... I was the same on the lipotrim shakes - I started to gag when I drank them. The answer for me was to change to Cambridge diet which has same number of cals so same weight loss but it has much more choice - you get soups, shakes and meal bars and even shakes in cartons to take to take out with you. The flavours are nicer and because there are so many more flavours if you don't like one it isn't a big deal just try another.
Cambridge for me meant the difference between sticking to it and giving up....
Might be worth looking into.

Hi thanks for telling me about that diet. It sounds alot easier! Is the cost the same as the Lipotrim one? Ive lost 3 Ibs so far on this diet and today's my 3rd day so I kno it works and maybe that thought will keep me going!

My counsellor charges £35 for a week supply of shakes and soups in packets. That is £1 less than lipotrim. The carton shakes (tetra briks) and meal bars are a bit more but I am happy to pay the extra.

Only one thing though - counsellors are self employed and charge what they like. I think mine charges RRP or close to it but only way to find out what your local counsellor charges is to ask...

Grats on your loss so far. You can see from my signature the diet has been working well for me!

Thanks for that Anna. Congrats on your weight loss so far!! It's amazing to see losses like that in one week. I just want to look "ok" by May/June and not fat!! I really hope it works.

I think I will get in touch with a local councellor and see what they say. I've just had my chocolate shake and instead of making it a pint made it half a pint so I caould finish it quickly!! Urghhh I feel sick! lol

xxx

Hey Sandy!
I know exactly what you are sayin but ive been on lipotrim for 8 wks now, i started wk 9 today! and im down a total of 16kgs.. which trust me is worth it..even if it means drinking vile flavored shakes..lol ok they arent that bad.. remind ur self of ur goals, and maybe try alternative ways of making the shakes up, i personally prefer half a chocolate sachet, with a tea spoon of coffee, half a sweetener tablet and 300ml hot water and i stick it in a blender and i do the same with vanilla too.. experiment and see what u like, if u split them in half
they are easier to take in, and the chicken soup, i make it up with a sprinkle of chilli powder and a dash of black pepper, and i dont think its affected my ketosis at all.. so hang in there babe!

Sandy, I did lipotrim first and got on fine with the shakes, the bars were a different matter! They were vile, but I did get used to the peanut one which took me a good hour and lots of water to get htough it! I do Cambridge now, and everything tastes so much nicer. I am a convert and wouldn't go back at all.

Its all about what works for you....I think LT is tough if you are on it more than 4 months...I was on it for 4 and was actively looking for a CDC before I got pregnant.....will probably go back to LT to loose as the Chemist is just down the road.... what I have left to loose I dont expect to be on it for more than 12 weeks next time.....

First time i tried lipotrim i coudlnt get passed day two because like you i would gag and actually CRY at the thought of having to drink another.

This time i make them in 160ml of water and i can drink all that in one go and i drink the water straight away and i dont taste it. I tried making it in the big thing of water and i went and vomited. Maybe try making them in less water as my chemist advised and just make sure you drink the pint of water afterwards to make up for it. The 160ml of shake is the only thing that makes me drink them now. And the Shaker, Without that and having to face lumps i would be well after quitting by now. Making it in the smoothy machine made me vomit too. One swig and there i have it over with so i can face it now no problem, and they actually have started to taste OK. :eek:

Thank you for your responses everyone :) I think I'm just going to stick it out on Lipotrim..! I was just losing sight of my goal and needed a kick up the bum.

Silver Rainbows and LetMeFadeAway, your posts made me also experiment with making new things with the powder. I've actually started making it into a moose with very cold water so it's alot less to take in and more flavoured! Thank you so much and your weight losses are an inspiration to me.

The moose is a good idea....make sure you drink plently extra water when you have it that way....

im glad you found a way to take them because once they are down well "thats it"
Mine are thick with just the 160ml of water but its easier for me than it watery and a barrel of it to drink. Mine goes down without breathing lol.
Stick to it girl, it'll seriously become second nature (and i never thought i woud say that) and youll knock em back and have them over and done with.You'll get there in no time.

Without liptrim i lost 80lbs in 5 months so imagine if i had just stuck to lipotrim how quicker it would of been. good luck to you, you can do it,

Back