My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

Hi everyone! I'd like to join too, if its not too late :) I started on 25 February and weighed in at -9lbs today, soooo chuffed!!!! Has given me the focus I need as the weekends are really tough - I work away during the week so can just get on with it but come home to my bf at the weekend where I'd usually enjoy lots of red wine, steak chips etc. feeling very sorry for myself while he carries on as normal and I'm sitting here with a shake :( hope everyone is staying strong xx

Hello everyone. Happy to report that day 3 is almost over! The weekends are the hardest for me. I had a nasty taste in my mouth all day. Had coffee and water for breakfast, a shake at around 4pm... I then started getting gassy (sorry if TMI :() and then the runs hit me. Gosh, haven't been sick on CD before! Has anyone ever experienced this before? I read somewhere it was the influx of all the vitamins and minerals... I am now laid out in bed with ZERO energy.

Hi fairyhobnob! Welcome to the group :) I am struggling with day 2 and totally am with you regarding the other half! I had to remind mine at least 3 times today! I'm off to bed but have managed to last til the end if day 2 so keep positive and keep smiling hun xxx

Ok so I'm day 3 SS really struggles yesterday and ended up having one extra pack, feeling a bit better today and haven't cheated atall, but have been extra tired today, hoping that means I'm right about to go into ketosis? I always find weekends the hardest what does everyone else do to distract themselves?

Having an extra pack is GOOD if it steers you away from eating something. I too had the odd day here and there during my first 2 weeks of needing that extra pack..... you are entering ketosis hence feeling really tired.... keep up the water, and I even used to lay down for half an hour when I got home from work before starting the dinner routine for the kids.... Keep up the good work, you WILL see results at the end of this week!!

Hi everyone! I'd like to join too, if its not too late :) I started on 25 February and weighed in at -9lbs today, soooo chuffed!!!! Has given me the focus I need as the weekends are really tough - I work away during the week so can just get on with it but come home to my bf at the weekend where I'd usually enjoy lots of red wine, steak chips etc. feeling very sorry for myself while he carries on as normal and I'm sitting here with a shake :( hope everyone is staying strong xx

Yes, weekends ARE hard. When your bf eats, go have a bath with bubbles - I find removing myself from being around food and people that are eating is best as I literally sit and droool over the food! Keep up the good work! Are you doing SS or SS+?

Week 1 and 2 are the hardest - if you can get through that, you are 80% of the way there. Just try stay focused. The only person you are cheating on, is yourself.

Thanks jilly beans, have woke up this morning feeling much better, despite not being able to sleep last night I don't feel too tired amazing really
Yeah having had that extra pack made me feel like I'd cheated and had an extra treat without feeling guilty! Guess its what I may have to do every now and then!
How long have you been doing CWP for? Ate you SS?

Hi friends! Good to see everyone sticking to the diet! :) Like Jilly beans said, weekends are the hardest, especially when you go shopping an all these delicious aromas come wafting through the air....I happened to pass the bakery counter and the readymade food counter and it was unbearable! I had to pass that way to reach the veggie section....I think I am going to ask hubby to get the veggies for me until my cravings are in check....I really hope the loss shows on the scales when I get home and weigh myself on Tuesday! :)

The bakery bit of tesco is always the hardest for me! Well done for resisting you deserve to have a massive lose in Tuesday just for that alone x

Thanks jilly beans, have woke up this morning feeling much better, despite not being able to sleep last night I don't feel too tired amazing really
Yeah having had that extra pack made me feel like I'd cheated and had an extra treat without feeling guilty! Guess its what I may have to do every now and then!
How long have you been doing CWP for? Ate you SS?

Isnt it amazing how good you feel when you wake up in the morning, and you know you've been good - you almost feel thin!:D

I've been on CD for 4 weeks - this is now my 5th week - WI on Friday (5th weigh in this coming week) and I'm on SS which is harsh, but needed, as I tend to yo-yo diet.... have a bit extra here and there and never stick to any diet 100% - this way, there is NO FOOD to tempt me to having "a little bit extra" - if I want extra, then its another shake - or a boiled egg (which is delish!)

I needed to do something really drastic - and well, no food is about as drastic as it gets! LOL:cool:

The bakery bit of tesco is always the hardest for me! Well done for resisting you deserve to have a massive lose in Tuesday just for that alone x

Doesnt everything just SMELL so much nicer??? mmmmm...

I took my kids after school on Thursday to buy a pie - as my son had played in a cricket match and hadnt eaten all afternoon and it was hot - boy oh boy was it hard standing there to order the pies - and then the kids at them in the car on the way home! I kept saying "man, that smells devine!"!!! (and then gave myself a pat on the back for surviving the car trip and not pulling over and ripping the food from their mouthes!!!!):D

Nothing feels as good as slim feels 'eh?

What 'ailments' did you/ do you have from being overweight? And have any of those ailments diminished or gone away totally?

First thing I've noticed, and I've only lost just under 10kgs (1st and a bit????) is : my creaking knees, when I walked I could hear my knees creaking (really! like a old woman) and since losing a bit of weight, I dont HEAR it anymore (unless I've gone deaf?)...

I also struggle with those first few steps in the morning when getting out of bed!!! (God, I do sound like a cripple!) - those first 4-5 steps my legs and feet and ankles hurt..... that seems to have gone away now too!!! I've got swolen ankles and legs, had that since i was pregnant with the twins and it never actually went away - I'm now on water retention tabs (recomended by CDC) so I hope the swelling will go down once I start losing some serious weight!!!!!! (I never wear skirts or dresses due to puffy kankles, I call them kanles anyway).... one day, I may just wear a SKIRT!:eek:

Another ps - I told one of my friend this weekend how much I weighed when I started this diet (thats something I NEVER EVER EVER TELL ANYONE) - she is 45, 3 kids later and has the body of a swimsuite model and is a pilates instructor (get the picture?) - and she said "you carried your weight very well".... I think being so tall, I am able to "carry the excess weight" well.... and when I tell people how much I have to lose, they nearly fall off their chair (its about 1/3 of my body weight!)

I'm keen to tell how much I've LOST, but not keen to say how much I weigh.:(

Hi Eclipse. Yes this is a challenge to follow SS 100%. Is there any particular reason you specifically mentioned that this is a no food section?

It is our aim to be 100% as being on SS is - however, we are also human and are tempted and do occassionally slip up - which is whey we join support groups.

Hi Eclipse. Yes this is a challenge to follow SS 100%. Is there any particular reason you specifically mentioned that this is a no food section?

Because a few of you have been mentioning food that isn't in the plan. You p'raps didn't see the rules for the 100% forum at the top of the page?

Forum: Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!
The Cambridge Diet 100% Forum is for posts from those following any of the Cambridge plans 100% - this includes SS+, 810 and upwards. No cheats, blips or non-legal food talk is allowed in this section. Any posts containing talk of cheats, blips or non legal food will be moved.

Might seem over the top but there are quite a few people doing 100% sole source who don't want to read about bakery smells or imagine tasty pies. So the 100% forum has been designed for exactly this purpose - to be a temptation free zone.

I didn't make the rules. :) Just explaining why they're there.

No problem at all with talking about this stuff out here on the main forum.

Back