My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

@ lauren2244 apparently ur not allowed to chew gum on this diet i was told that by my consultant as i had a habit of chewing all the time and now had to give up!! You can still double check with ur consultant.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Cambridge sells a water flavourant.... and apparently you're not allowed gum, but IMO I dont think it can do any real harm as long as its "diet gum" and you dont chew it for too long - it gets the gastric juices going, and then you'll feel hungry (even more so than normal LOL)

Well done on DAY 3 Lauren!!! "They" say the first week is the hardest, personally I found day 5-9 the hardest! Hang in there, you're doing soooo well and yoU WILL see it at WI!!!!!!

I don't wanna speak too soon but I don't seem to be finding it as hard as I thought I would, have done this diet before and found it harder but this time it's not too bad :)
X

Can I join in please? Have lost 14lbs in the last 4 weeks but had a little slip up last week, so just completing day 1 again!! I have 14 weeks until my niece gets married and want to lose 4 stones which works out as 4lbs per week......achievable I hope!!

Well done on your 14lbs that's a fantastic achievement, have lots of people noticed?
4lbs a week is achievable as long as you stay focused, which is tough at times, but I've found this group incredibly supportive, everyone here understands how difficult what we are trying to do us, and have found that on days when I want to just give up coming on here and seeing how well everyone else is doing boosts my motivation
Going to a wedding is a brilliant motivator, just imagine the new outfit and all the photos that you won't have to hide in! Good luck x x x

Hey chixie iv also lost 14pounds in just over four weeks i started on the 1st february 2013. So far iv nw lost 1stone 2pounds even though i had little bits of slip ups too.. This week went really out of control n today i had my weigh in n iv still managed to lose 2pounds!! Just dont give up carry on n once u keep seeing the numbers on the scales change ul want to keep going even if u lose a pound dont forget ur getting closer to ur target :) iv still got another 4stones 11 pounds to lose.. N ryt now i cnt afford to cheat at all.. I really want to do this and show people i cn do it n im not a failure :) goodluck with urs x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I lost about 18lbs in 4 weeks, so it can be done (If I can do it, anyone can!).... the thing is, not to be discouraged when you have a 'bad weigh in' and just keep at it.... I had a peek this morning, and was not too impressed at the loss - and know I had egg and chicken on Saturday... but really couldnt imagine how badly it would affect my weight loss progress.

So... if you can stay focused on being 100% on SS - the weight CAN and WILL be lost. I have a friend who is doing SS 100% and has been 100 PERCENT good on this diet for 3 weeks and has lost alot more weight than me, quicker... because she's been 100%!

I woke up hungry today. You know... when your tummy is growling hungry?:boohoo::boohoo: I normally drink water only all morning to squash the hunger pangs, as I have my breakfast shake at 9.30am at work... but man oh man I'm hungry today. (A questions about PMS : Do you find you are more hungry the week BEFORE you're due, or the week OF your AF?) I'm due today, and I could eat a horse...(OK, bad joke.... hahah) ...:deadhorse::deadhorse:

Last edited:
LOL Jillybeans! I am hungry most of the time, but YES the week before, and also the week of!:rolleyes: Doesnt leave much time when I'm not right? I had coffee and water this am as I'm really hungry after 6PM. I work on site today thank God, coz when I work at home MAAAN do I troll around the kitchen

After 6pm is baaaaad for me too..... after dinner snack time (normally) - last night I nearly forgot my last shake tho as I was busy around the house and suddenly thought, Mmmmm.... I'm hungry! Where's that horse! :eat::eat:

Im also bad if I'm left alone at home. :eek:

On my 2nd litre of water and its 11h40.... may manage that 4litres today!

Where are you from Enlightenme? Where's "Palm tree heaven"?

I'm currently on the French Riviera :cool: Palm trees and beach on one side, Alps for great ski on the other... Italy half an hour away (which is usually a good thing - buuut No pasta for me right now!!!!)

I'm down 1.5 liters, intermixed with a soup coz I'm just too hungry, this isn't good - if 2 weeks in I'm hungry, I'm gonna be hungry the entire duration of this lovely diet :cry: Not even feeling the ketosis! arghhh come on diet gods, spare me will ya!

Yay an active thread for me to join!! <pushes in>

I'm Nikie - I started my journey on 6th September last year and by my 30th birthday in November had lost 3 stone. You may have read my diary and seen my pics on the inspirational thread. Was feeling great and loving the compliments! Then my party signalled the beginning of the end! Following my party and Christmas I went back to CDC at beginning of Jan and had gained 8lbs. Since then I have found it impossible to stick to plan and would do a few days on and then completely binge. I have now gained back 1 stone 8lbs.

Last Friday I realised that I NEED to get back on this. So starting yesterday, I am back on the shakes! Annoyingly, I do have a couple of things coming up.....March 22-March 25 we are going to a wedding and then going away for OH's birthday and my intention is to SS+ that weekend. I don't have a 'time scale' (just as soon as possible please!) so although it will slow down my loss that week I really hope I won't fall off the wagon completely.

I have just 10 days until then and to be honest, it's really easy to say 'well I may as well start the plan after that weekend' but I'm in the right head space now and I don't want to put it off.

What do you lovely ladies think?

Hi Nickie and welcome - and well done on the original 3st loss - just proves its possible!

You can do it! You have 'functions' coming up, but it doesnt mean the function lasts the whole week - so, eat carefully and jump straight back on the diet the next meal. Its difficult to jump between eating - and SS 100% (I find) - for me its all or nothing.

So push in as much as you want - we are here to support each other through THICK (haha) and thin! The most important thing before starting this diet (or any diet) is being in the right headspace. You have to WANT to lose the weight more than you want that meal/wine/chocolate.....

Ooohhh Enlightenme! French Riveria..! How lovely! The picture you painted of the alps on one side and palm trees and beach sound AMAZING! When you say you're 'currently' there - does that mean you dont live there permanently or is this a passing through visit? The first 2 WEEKS are the hardest (I found) - stick to it..... you have come so far and yoU WILL SEE results! When hungry, DO something or ...... yep.... I'm going to say it..... drink more water!!!:eek:

Thanks Jillybeans! Yes I completely agree-when I was 100% SS I was fine! It was when I tried to combine food that it all went wrong :( I just don't want to go the wrong way again. I was thinking that I can make the right food choices for those couple of days.......I would love to lose 7lbs or so in the next 10 days and get rid of this horrid bloated stomach! Do we think that is possible? I seem to recall last time that it take about two weeks before I really felt any different, but I did start out at 13stone 10lbs then and I am 12 stone 4lbs at the moment.....

Yay an active thread for me to join!! <pushes in>

I'm Nikie - I started my journey on 6th September last year and by my 30th birthday in November had lost 3 stone. You may have read my diary and seen my pics on the inspirational thread. Was feeling great and loving the compliments! Then my party signalled the beginning of the end! Following my party and Christmas I went back to CDC at beginning of Jan and had gained 8lbs. Since then I have found it impossible to stick to plan and would do a few days on and then completely binge. I have now gained back 1 stone 8lbs.

Last Friday I realised that I NEED to get back on this. So starting yesterday, I am back on the shakes! Annoyingly, I do have a couple of things coming up.....March 22-March 25 we are going to a wedding and then going away for OH's birthday and my intention is to SS+ that weekend. I don't have a 'time scale' (just as soon as possible please!) so although it will slow down my loss that week I really hope I won't fall off the wagon completely.

I have just 10 days until then and to be honest, it's really easy to say 'well I may as well start the plan after that weekend' but I'm in the right head space now and I don't want to put it off.

What do you lovely ladies think?

:party0011: Hey Nikie, welcome!! :party0011:
I know what you mean about active threads, trying to keep this one alive coz I can't do this without support from people who understand EXACTLY what i'm going through... not just acknowledging my hunger all the while actively stuffing their faces! :rolleyes:

I also understand VERY much what you're going through because the same thing happened to me - though the time lapse before my return was much longer. I have attempted pseudo-serious attempts since January only to binge and end up weighing more than I did then - I think CD kinda does your head in when you come back to it... you know what's coming and it's like your brain/body puts itself in that "last meal" mode. For some it can actually be quite detrimental!

So as long as you know and tell yourself you have planned "breaks", but then you're hopping right back in, I think it's a very sane way of dealing with weight gain/stalls along the way, because it will prevent you from going into that "loser" mentality know what I mean? Well that's the way it works for me anyway.
So you have roughly the same amount of weight to lose as most of us here... Again, welcome and hope to read lots from you!

Hi Nickie and welcome - and well done on the original 3st loss - just proves its possible!

You can do it! You have 'functions' coming up, but it doesnt mean the function lasts the whole week - so, eat carefully and jump straight back on the diet the next meal. Its difficult to jump between eating - and SS 100% (I find) - for me its all or nothing.

So push in as much as you want - we are here to support each other through THICK (haha) and thin! The most important thing before starting this diet (or any diet) is being in the right headspace. You have to WANT to lose the weight more than you want that meal/wine/chocolate.....

Ooohhh Enlightenme! French Riveria..! How lovely! The picture you painted of the alps on one side and palm trees and beach sound AMAZING! When you say you're 'currently' there - does that mean you dont live there permanently or is this a passing through visit? The first 2 WEEKS are the hardest (I found) - stick to it..... you have come so far and yoU WILL SEE results! When hungry, DO something or ...... yep.... I'm going to say it..... drink more water!!!:eek:

Currently meaning once a month, I go to NYC (nothing exciting - just work)... So I'll be in the freezing rain/snow/sleet one day and in need of serious sunscreen the next day - tiring but wouldn't change it for the world!

LOL ...Love the drinking water part, my husband says we should buy stocks in toilet paper brands coz I use so damn much when i'm on CD :rolleyes: He who doesn't notice a haircut until a week in, he can spot me on CD a mile away!

I know the first 2 weeks are the hardest and at least this time I'm not getting dizzy! that's the worst. Last time, I'd bend down to tie my shoe laces or something and I'd see stars, also, I'd get leg cramps... loved doing it in the summer though coz I was the only not complaining about the heat!

Thanks enlightenme2! I have been writing a bit on my diary and a couple of other threads but it all seemed a bit quiet so I'm pleased to have found this thread! I think it may save me! Before, when the temptation is there to stuff my face this forum and other peoples stories just helped me so much! I hope it'll be the same again.

At the moment, time is dragging -but I know from before that although it seems to drag at the time suddenly I'd look back and realise I had been on plan for 4 weeks and it was CRAZY! I took pics every week and the difference from one week to the next could be immense at times. Right now, I am feeling puffy, bloated and lacking in energy. Let's look back in a couple of weeks and see how I feel!

Wow! Enlightenme - NYC and French Riviera.... how the famous live! LOL! What work do you do?

BTW, I figured out that spreadsheet - had to take the protection off it! Now I must sit and populate it - although I do weekly WI's.

Nikki, before you realise it, you'll be a couple weeks in. I still cant believe I'm in week 6! I never told many people about me being on diet for fear of them saying "oh yea, ANOTHER diet..." - so I've kept this pretty much to myself, havnt advertised it.

I'm ok on the water today - but I just got my kids a precooked roast chicken for dinner (i LOVE roast chicken)....! Gonna be a tough one tonight ripping that bird apart!

Jillybeans - Nothing horribly exciting... I have a PR agency (crisis communication), so you wouldn't BELIEVE how the horsemeat debate is affecting some of my clients! Just came back from a client's and enjoying my 2nd hot soup of the day, I'm not hungry, but i'm HOOOONGRY... difference, my head and mouth want something while my stomach is OK. I have to start glugging water

Nikie - I know aboit time flying! I have a family gathering at Easter, and then I will breeze on until May 10th (DD's bday). I'll be close to goal by then hopefully

Back