My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

Nearly the end of day five for me and still going strong :) just want it to be Friday now so I cam get weighed and see if it has all been worth it. Just want to make it past my second week as have done this diet before and never managed to stick to it for more than 2 weeks so keeping my fingers crossed x

Nearly the end of day five for me and still going strong :) just want it to be Friday now so I cam get weighed and see if it has all been worth it. Just want to make it past my second week as have done this diet before and never managed to stick to it for more than 2 weeks so keeping my fingers crossed x

Well done Lauren! You WILL see its "worth it" at WI tomorrow... 2 weeks for me was when I knew I could do it!

I'm good. Been 100% SS since Sunday (had boiled egg on Sat) and so far so good..... this forum REALLY keeps me focused!!! When I think "oh whats a piece of chicken"... I think NO, NO NO NO NO.... I have to stay strong or report into you lot that I've been bad.

I'm sleeping like the dead these days too! In the beginning I couldnt sleep - so this is great. My cm's/inches arent shifting as much as I'd hoped....although my clothing is looser and I've moved down a size (or two?)

Today its chilly here in South Africa. So going to work in long sleeve top and jeans. Jeans I found hidden in the back of my cubboard as I couldnt fit into them - oh and my belt is tightened 2 notches.

I'm having trouble going to the toilet - a) I'm not sure if there IS anything to go to the toilet with and b) I was always slightly constipated before the diet, and now it seems I just NEVER go!

Right! 100% today ladies! MY WI is tomorrow so I'll be good today!:massmoon:
:massmoon:

Hi girls...im havinh such a problem this week with the water intake i was never a huge drinker before the diet anyways, but this week even with the water flavourings i cnt even seem to finish a 1L bottle let alone 3!!!! Just makes me want to be sick :-(. I have had nibbles on a few pieces of chicken yday as i started feeling so sick and dizzy i just had to eat something!! Really want to do to this but everyweek seems to be abit of a struggle :-(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi girls...im havinh such a problem this week with the water intake i was never a huge drinker before the diet anyways, but this week even with the water flavourings i cnt even seem to finish a 1L bottle let alone 3!!!! Just makes me want to be sick :-(. I have had nibbles on a few pieces of chicken yday as i started feeling so sick and dizzy i just had to eat something!! Really want to do to this but everyweek seems to be abit of a struggle :-(

Set yourself mini goals with the water - by say, 11am I must've had 1litre, by 2pm another 1litre, 5pm another litre.... before I leave home in the morning, I drink 1 x 750ml bottle water (grab it when I get up and whilst I'm doing kids breakfasts and lunches, and getting dressed - 1 have my first bottle of water)... I take another in the car for on the way to work - and then I have mini goals during the day. It also says to have a good dose of water before you have your shake (recently read that in the book)... this will also encourage you to drink more water.

Chicken is not a bad food to nibble on - as long as its only a nibble and doesnt happen often. Rather try a boiled egg?

I know this is hard. This diet is NOT for the feint hearted.... its HARD. But being fat is also hard..... :grouphugg:

I know this is hard. This diet is NOT for the feint hearted.... its HARD. But being fat is also hard..... :grouphugg:

Amen to that! If you look at things in the long run being fat is hard. On the daily on CD, not eating food is harder! Depends on how you live - long or short term! When I was in CD "Rambo" mode a couple of years ago, I used to say, OK I want that piece of _____. I'd set it out and tell myself I could have it after 30 minutes and 1l of water... I would usually not after the glugging! I think I need to go back to doing that coz I've been caving in too soon lately. What also works with me is that I would take a bar and slice it in 12 pieces and stick it in the freezer. When I would have a weak moment, I'd go and grab a piece 130 cals divided in 12 is not much!! It felt like candy :) HTH

So quiet here? On the entire CD forum as a matter of fact! What's up ladies? I'm still going strong here, but I'd love it if there were more convos... Feel like I'm all alone here!
OK, had my moan moment, will check in later

Enlightenme. Am so pleased its not just men that thought that! I am a newbie with first weigh in tonight, it's only day 4 but she only does certain days of the week. Nervous for a good result but worried there will be no loss yet! Any advice welcome!! X

Enlightenme. Am so pleased its not just men that thought that! I am a newbie with first weigh in tonight, it's only day 4 but she only does certain days of the week. Nervous for a good result but worried there will be no loss yet! Any advice welcome!! X

WELCOME Ktandspen! OK so don't stress for your weigh-in, it'll be fine... will Thursdays be your official weigh-ins? I gather this is your first time doing CD? How are you finding it - past the first 3 days?

Hellooo! I've been sitting at the TAX office - far rather be here!

4 days is not enough for significant weight loss - but next week you should see some movement! Welcome!

I'm weighing in tomorrow so gulping down water in the hope of expelling it later...LOL!

Day 6 for me now and not feeling too good, been fine from about day 3 till now but just feel really tired with no energy :( is this normal? X

Day 6 for me now and not feeling too good, been fine from about day 3 till now but just feel really tired with no energy :( is this normal? X

Yeah differs from one to another person. I'm okay'ish right now but last time I did it I was just dragging myself from morning to night! It was just awful... But maybe yours is just temporary and you'll get over it soon :-/

Yes, this is completely normal. I used to come home from work and go lie down before I could even attempt to start dinner! Just keep up the water intake... and make sure you have all your shakes.... I personally found this part that you're in, the hardest...

Yes, this is completely normal. I used to come home from work and go lie down before I could even attempt to start dinner! Just keep up the water intake... and make sure you have all your shakes.... I personally found this part that you're in, the hardest...

When does it get better again lol x

Hi ladies,

I have been reading this thread since it started and feel like I have already got to know all of you so may I introduce myself....?

My name is Natalie, I'm 23 and a nurse and live in London. I started CD on 28/02 and so far my losses have been: 8lbs and 6lbs so I'm obviously very happy with that. I would like to lose 3st in total before a friends wedding in turkey in May.

However, and here is the tricky bit, I felt fine in the first few days apart from being FAMISHED! But in the last few days I have felt completely knackered, dizzy, having headaches, nauseous and just awful really. I've a long day at work tomorrow (7am-8pm) and so scared I will not get through the day!

My CDC has allowed me 4 products for the days that I am working which sometimes I have and sometimes I don't. I find that only 14 days in and the thought of more sludge is making me want to throw up :-( when do these feelings of no energy/dizzyness etc go away?

The hunger pangs and cravings for food I can handle but not all of them together and at the same time.

Thanks for all your wonderful and inspiring comments ladies, keep up the good work!!!

Natalie x

P.s. Jillybeans - good luck at your WI and I like you am a chicken fiend and could cut my own arm off for a bit of roast chicken at the minute!

When does it get better again lol x

For me, it was around day 11/12 that I stopped needing that nap when I got home! Sorry! Keep it up!! Its so worth it when you see the scale coming down! x

Hi ladies,

I have been reading this thread since it started and feel like I have already got to know all of you so may I introduce myself....?

My name is Natalie, I'm 23 and a nurse and live in London. I started CD on 28/02 and so far my losses have been: 8lbs and 6lbs so I'm obviously very happy with that. I would like to lose 3st in total before a friends wedding in turkey in May.

However, and here is the tricky bit, I felt fine in the first few days apart from being FAMISHED! But in the last few days I have felt completely knackered, dizzy, having headaches, nauseous and just awful really. I've a long day at work tomorrow (7am-8pm) and so scared I will not get through the day!

My CDC has allowed me 4 products for the days that I am working which sometimes I have and sometimes I don't. I find that only 14 days in and the thought of more sludge is making me want to throw up :-( when do these feelings of no energy/dizzyness etc go away?

The hunger pangs and cravings for food I can handle but not all of them together and at the same time.

Thanks for all your wonderful and inspiring comments ladies, keep up the good work!!!

Natalie x

P.s. Jillybeans - good luck at your WI and I like you am a chicken fiend and could cut my own arm off for a bit of roast chicken at the minute!

Hi Natalie, a big welcome from us all! When's the wedding end of May? it's usually around 1 stone a month so if you stay on track, you'll get there or darn close anyway!

Re your long shifts, I highly recommend upping to 4 as the longer we are active (less sleep) the more calories we burn. Seeing how a packet is low in calorie, I'm sure you'll be ok. Have you tried the soup? or maybe a bar? When i need severe chewing exercise, I usually opt for the peanut, cranberry or choc mint bar. I stay away from the really chewy ones coz my CDC said they're the older bars that still contain maltilol and usually gives people MASSIVE gas.

With the nausea, I would get it sometimes with certain food smells - (wish I would get with food sightings :rolleyes:!!) Anyway, popping a piece of hardcore mint gum, chewing it for about a minute and spitting it out usually did the trick. The dizziness and general lethargy I don't have an answer for you. It's your body's way of dealing with severe calorie reduction... your (bigger) body needs loads of energy to function - and you're depriving it, so having to dig out energy from within is hard work...

It's funny, for me it's the hunger pangs I can't handle, the rest is "tolerable" - but hunger at night.. ugh that really gets to me

Anyway, good luck on your journey. Do you have a dress picked out already ? (xtra incentive I say!)

Hi Natalie and :0clapper:welcome!

:talk017:

Oooooohhhmygod... thats a loooong working day! I would tend to agree with your consultant and DO have those 4 shakes... thats a LONG day!!! Also, you will NEED your water more than anything too. I get you on the getting bored of the sludge - but maybe try one of the porridges instead of a shake for the morning, to keep you going.... You've done a brilliant start and weight loss, and thats your motivation enough to "drink more sludge"... I'm 6 weeks in and drinking sludge has now become part of my day and routine... Its quite nice not having to think about what to pack for work lunch - and its quick and nasty, so I drink it at my desk... vary your sludges with hot/warm/cold water?? And do ask your CDC about a porridge and/or soup thrown in instead of more shakes?

Isnt it nice that we have so many ladies on here now.... this is the place to come when I get hungry (and need to stay away from that chicken thats in the fridge calling my name... LOUDLY! :4633:

Off to have my dinner sludge.. (love that name btw)... vanilla or choc chip? Mmmm... decisions... decisions...:8855:

Hi ladies,

Thanks for your advice.

I just feel a bit rubbish at the minute and want it to pass so my energy levels are back up to what they usually are.

Yeah I've been allowed to have the bars from yesterday and had the toffee (I think) one today which upset my tummy a bit so think I'll give that a bit of a wide berth from now on!

I'm a bit of an avid shopper so I'm looking but not trying anything on yet, knowing me I'll end up buying a size 16 (uk) and just stay as I am. Gonna definitely look forward to new wardrobe shopping!

I don't like the porridges really and the nature of my job dictates that having a break long enough to boil the kettle and shove something in the microwave is excessive so the ready-made ones tend to work a bit better for me. I do enjoy most of the soups though but my CDC has been a bit lax with the ordering and left me with just leek and potato.

I'm drinking at least 3l of water a day and CDC said that was plenty enough and not to overdo it?!?

It's a bit like a baby food diet really isn't it! Ah well, 10 weeks to go!!!! I/we can do it!

What are all of your plans following SS?

More yummy sludge soup soon, can hardly wait! Just pinch yer nose and drink your medicine down!

Hi all... Im feeling so rubbish just think im not doing as well as i should and the hunger is just too bad at the moment and the water intake is still so poor im losing motivation :'(

Back