My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

So far have managed half a ltr of water before I even left for work, got in and am treating myself to a coffee before starting on my next load of water
I'm really excited for the next 13 days hopefully we can all keep each other motivated and manage to stay 100%
Jillybeans still join in and we can just ignore those meals that you cannot avoid, I actually think its more of a challenge to get back to SS after even one meal x x x

Hi all,

I'm starting ss+ tomorrow, I did cd about 4 years ago but put most of it back on now so hoping to lose 2.5 to 3 stones this time. I have had times when I have started again but then fallen off the wagon, so I'm a bit nervous about starting again although i do feel more determined this time so hoping for the best. My biggest obstacle is friends and family, as they don't really approve so I've decided not to tell them this time, at least for the first two weeks. Im really glad to have found this forum and am hoping we can all motivate each other to keep on track! :)

It's funny isn't it, so many people do not agree with this way of dieting. It's strikes me as odd, I always explain it to them that if I was to purée my meals into a soup and eat that would they be as concerned, most of them say no!
I actually end up eating a healthier balance when on the Cambridge diet, when I'm left to my own I literally go days without eating any sort of normal food, living off of sweets biscuits chocolate etc
Good luck and keep posting to let us all know how you are getting on x x x

Hi all,

I'm starting ss+ tomorrow, I did cd about 4 years ago but put most of it back on now so hoping to lose 2.5 to 3 stones this time. I have had times when I have started again but then fallen off the wagon, so I'm a bit nervous about starting again although i do feel more determined this time so hoping for the best. My biggest obstacle is friends and family, as they don't really approve so I've decided not to tell them this time, at least for the first two weeks. Im really glad to have found this forum and am hoping we can all motivate each other to keep on track! :)

Hey Bootsy!
Love the name.welcome.ill reply latet properly as im at work!

5lbs loss is GREAT! Well done!

Yep, I'm going to join you in the 13 day challenge .... (except for lunch on Saturday - but just look over that blip for me as I'm telling you upfront about it)..:(

I think we have to understand that there will be certain situations where food simply cannot be avoided, the difficult part is selecting a healthy meal, and avoiding having a binge then getting straight back on to plan the following day. Good luck with it, think thin you can do it x x x

Thanks sweetaddict! I know its about making the right food choices and getting straight back to it! I think I'm dedicated and controlled enough to eat and get with the programme immediately again....

Tonight I'm hungry - again. Going to refrain and go have a nice bath rather - had a stressful parents/teachers evening and need a drink!

Thanks sweetaddict! I know its about making the right food choices and getting straight back to it! I think I'm dedicated and controlled enough to eat and get with the programme immediately again....

Tonight I'm hungry - again. Going to refrain and go have a nice bath rather - had a stressful parents/teachers evening and need a drink!

With ya there jillybean!hungry today more than any other day.just have food on the brain.guess that happens in week 2 once 'novelty' of first week goes away!its hard to get over winter munching when its snowing outside!
So have stuck to it 100% and have 1litre of water in me!off to tennis later so should polish off rest of it.
people starting to notice weight loss.can actually see it in my own face today so thats cool!:D

Hey guys :)
have been 100% ss today and have drank 3ltrs of water :)
i don't know if it is just me but since being on this diet I have started smelling food, I know it sounds weird but there was a tub of caramel crispy bites in the kitchen and I just had to have a sniff, been doing it with loads of things and I don't know why as its just a massive tease lol
x x

Oh poor you, a bath is a good idea, loads of bubbles couple of candles some music and you'll soon be relaxed x x x

Hey guys :)
have been 100% ss today and have drank 3ltrs of water :)
i don't know if it is just me but since being on this diet I have started smelling food, I know it sounds weird but there was a tub of caramel crispy bites in the kitchen and I just had to have a sniff, been doing it with loads of things and I don't know why as its just a massive tease lol
x x

Well done Lauren!!
I too have been 100% just slowly eating a maple and pecan porridge while my choc mint mousse is setting!
Haha it's so funny you should say about smelling things, I have been doing exactly the same thing it's like some weird self punishment ha x x x

Thank you :)
I wish I like the porridge but its just not for me, I am surviving on the choc mint shakes at the min, am thinking of trying some of the soups when I next see my consultant, am a bit weary though as hope they don't taste really powdery and artificial like some of the shakes :/
glad I am not the only one who sniffs things :) really not sure why I do it to be honest
x x

I too have been 100% ss and drank my 3 litres of water. Fingers crossed for the next 12 days :)

13 Day Challenge - Day 1

Day One :

Day
Number

Serial Number
Name of member
Sole Source Done 100%?
Successfully drank 2.5L of water?
Any additional comments/improvements?
slimgorgeousme
Yes!
Yes!
Day 1 successful!! Woo! Hoo! :D
lauren2244
tuckinurbelly
lauraswift
sweetaddict
diaryofacambridgebeauty
jillybeans
afsana

Ok girls....I have made a table with the final list of the participants for the 13 day challenge. Please answer each column with a yes or no. Each day I will make a new table with the same columns and you will please fill it in. I have already filled mine in. Please do not forget to fill in the table. Remember we have all made a commitment to each other for the next 13 days. No excuses!! :).....By the way, when replying to the post please select the option: " Reply with quote" So you will get the same table in your reply. If you want to see the table more clearly, just select the option " Go advanced" at the bottom right side after selecting the option, " Reply with quote" and you can see the full table. Then just fill in the table with the details,next to your name and repost. Easy peasy! :)

Last edited:
Back