My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

When does the new challenge start ladies?? I really want to do the next one as Ive been reading your posts and the support here is fab!! Just what I need x

Tuck in ur belly i feel soooo cold all the time its like i need my heaters on continuesly but i still feel cold!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

When does the new challenge start ladies?? I really want to do the next one as Ive been reading your posts and the support here is fab!! Just what I need x

Hey Victoria, I too am waiting for the next challenge. I believe it is to start on April 1st as this one ends March 31st :D
Can't wait either, need a challenge

Hi ladies just finished a 12.5 hr shift surrounded by nice home cooked meals and fresh home baking! Can honestly say I wasn't bothered by smells and enjoyed my porridge for dinner :)

Another 100% ss and 3.5l to drink although may regret that later when I'm up during the night :(

Ladies!!! I had my week 4 WI this evening!!! 2.6kg (almost 6lbs)loss!!! Total loss of 11.3kg (almost 25lbs) in four weeks!!!! Yay!!!

The cough is still here but otherwise I am fine! Will stay on 3 packs today unless I feel bad later. Water is on track today too! Yeehaa!!!!

forgive me father for i have sinned lol no smiley faces for me today :( this is all i am going to say on the matter lol back on the wagon 100% tomorrow :) x

All you ladys seem to be having really huge losses makes me feel like im failing somewhere because so far altogether i have only lost 17Ib (1stone 3pounds) :( first week i lost 6Ib then second week 4Ib n from then on only 2Ib every week until the last two weeks weightloss has slowed down!!! Yes iv cheated but never had a meal just nibbles on protein but that hasnt been every week!! Other than that my water intakes been ok and the shakes/porridges!! Plz somebody tell me where might be going wrong???

Tuck in ur belly i feel soooo cold all the time its like i need my heaters on continuesly but i still feel cold!!

thank god!thought i was going mad.i know its cold outside with the snow etc but i just cant seem to warm up unless im under duvets with heat pumpin out of the radiators!hope this passes.hate being cold!!!

All you ladys seem to be having really huge losses makes me feel like im failing somewhere because so far altogether i have only lost 17Ib (1stone 3pounds) :( first week i lost 6Ib then second week 4Ib n from then on only 2Ib every week until the last two weeks weightloss has slowed down!!! Yes iv cheated but never had a meal just nibbles on protein but that hasnt been every week!! Other than that my water intakes been ok and the shakes/porridges!! Plz somebody tell me where might be going wrong???

dont know every detail abouy cd but it also depends on how much u have to lose.i have a lot to lose so big weighy lose is gonna happen early on.ask ur consultant about more info

Hi girls.

I have made a summarized table of the 13 day mini challenge for us to view our progress at a quick glance. It is pretty simple to understand. The green smiley:D means that we have followed the SS 100% and the yellow smiley :) means that we have followed the water intake 100%. If any smiley is missing it means we have not followed that part of the challenge 100%. Hope this table is simple and clear to everyone! I will also be updating this table at the end of each day. :)
Green smiley:D = SS done 100%
Yellow Smiley:) = Water intake of 2.5L done 100%

DAY 9 - Wednesday, 27th March, 2013

slimgorgeous
me
lauren

tuckinur
belly

laura
swift

jilly
beans

afsana
sunflower lady
Luhluh
loser

DAY 1
:D:)
:)
DAY 2
DAY 3
DAY 4
DAY 5
DAY 6
DAY 7
DAY 8
DAY 9
---
??
??
DAY 10
DAY 11
DAY 12
DAY 13

Last edited:
Me too 100% on both accounts :)

Lauren2244, what about your water intake? Was that also not 100%? That is the way I have understood it, and have updated it accordingly in the table above. Please correct me if I am wrong. Hope this day goes better for you! No more excuses ok? Get back on track with immediate effect! You are doing very well, and I am so proud of you! Please don't spoil your wonderful progress!! :D

Jillybeans...so proud of your girl! Keep up the spirit!! :)

Tuckinurbelly....I am positive that you will be the wonderful mother to a beautiful baby, and I look forward to hearing the wonderful news, when it happens....

Afsana, please do not worry about the rate of weight loss. It varies from person to person, and the average weight loss in the first 4 weeks will be the highest ( about 15-25lbs), since there will be an initial weight loss, due to the water loss from all the carbs consumed, after which only fat loss occurs. It takes about 3-4 days for the body to enter ketosis, and until ketosis occurs, the weight loss will be mainly water. If carbs are present in the body, this is the first energy source, that the body turns to for fuel. And for every gram of carbs consumed, the body retains about 3g of water. This is why the initial weight loss is water loss, until the carbs are depleted. Once ketosis sets in, the weight loss will be pure fat loss, since the carbs are depleted from the body, and the body starts using the body fat as its fuel. An added advantage of getting into ketosis, is the fact that your hunger pangs will be greatly reduced which is why this diet is so successful, if we stick to the plan 100%. After about 2 weeks your body will be in full ketosis, and even the most delicious smells will not tempt you to cheat. That is sometimes called the "heaven of ketosis", and is one of the main reasons why this diet is so successful, if we just push past those dreadful 2 weeks.

After the first month, the average weight loss is about 8-12 pounds a month. The more you have to lose, the greater the rate of weight loss will be. So I guess what I am trying to say is, don't fret...and don't compare your losses with others...just follow the SS 100% ... drink your water...and believe that you are getting closer to your goal, one day at a time....everything else will follow, in perfect sync.....

Also, we feel cold after a few days on the diet, because our calorie intake is very low. This is the thermogenic response of the body to a VLCD. The more calories we consume, the more body heat is produced and vice versa. Hence large meals (higher calories), consumed regularly cause the body to produce a lot of heat, while the small meals (low calorie meals) tend to cause the body to produce less body heat. It is just nature's way of balancing out the energy in the body, based on the intake of food. :)

Sunflower lady and Mickster, congratulations on your fabulous results! Keep rocking! :)

And finally, to Victoria1909, Mickster, and all others newcomers. A very warm welcome to you, and glad to see your enthusiasm! The next 14 day mini challenge will start on April 2nd, 2013:).

Last edited:

Asana, your little "cheats" send messages to your body that if it waits a little longer and holds on to the weight it'll receive more food, ESP if you're water is average...
It also depends on how much you have to lose and your history of dieting as well as your body's response to dieting, and markers your body remembers (some people call them plateaus - your body will remember and slow down at a weight it remembers being at for a period of time) for me it's 217 and 200 for sure!!!..
Some people lose quicker than others. My doctor calls weightloss resistant people more "efficient"! For me for once I wish I was less efficient then!

Afsana, please do not worry about the rate of weight loss. It varies from person to person, and the average weight loss in the first 4 weeks will be the highest ( about 15-25lbs), since there will be an initial weight loss, due to the water loss from all the carbs consumed, after which only fat loss occurs. It takes about 3-4 days for the body to enter ketosis, and until ketosis occurs, the weight loss will be mainly water. If carbs are present in the body, this is the first energy source, that the body turns to for fuel. And for every gram of carbs consumed, the body retains about 3g of water. This is why the initial weight loss is water loss, until the carbs are depleted. Once ketosis sets in, the weight loss will be pure fat loss, since the carbs are depleted from the body, and the body starts using the body fat as its fuel. An added advantage of getting into ketosis, is the fact that your hunger pangs will be greatly reduced which is why this diet is so successful, if we stick to the plan 100%. After about 2 weeks your body will be in full ketosis, and even the most delicious smells will not tempt you to cheat. That is sometimes called the "heaven of ketosis", and is one of the main reasons why this diet is so successful, if we just push past those dreadful 2 weeks. After the first month, the average weight loss is about 8-12 pounds a month. The more you have to lose, the greater the rate of weight loss will be. So I guess what I am trying to say is, don't fret...and don't compare your losses with others...just follow the SS 100% ... drink your water...and believe that you are getting closer to your goal, one day at a time....everything else will follow, in perfect sync.....

Hey Slim - no we don't lose pure fat, as on any dirt you also lose muscle - around 25% actually, but being lighter means you need less

Ketosis from cd website FAQ
"When fat is released from fatty (adipose) tissue it travels to the liver where it can be used to make more fat or be 'burned' to produce energy. This energy production pathway produces ketones. Everyone has some ketones in their blood at all times, but usually at low levels. The levels rise when fasting or while on a low carbohydrate diet designed to induce 'ketosis'. 'Ketosis' is a term applied to a state where the ketone blood levels are high enough to allow ketones to leave the body on the breath or in urine. Physiological ketosis is a normal protective mechanism reflecting the way in which the body switches its metabolism to 'burning fat'. The effect of high levels of ketones varies from person to person. Some people feel euphoric, others may not feel hungry. There is little evidence that physiological ketosis is harmful."
But you don't need to be in ketosis to lose weight either, it just "eases" the dieting state
Had to put my 2 cents :)

Hey Slim - no we don't lose pure fat, as on any dirt you also lose muscle - around 25% actually, but being lighter means you need less

Ketosis from cd website FAQ
"When fat is released from fatty (adipose) tissue it travels to the liver where it can be used to make more fat or be 'burned' to produce energy. This energy production pathway produces ketones. Everyone has some ketones in their blood at all times, but usually at low levels. The levels rise when fasting or while on a low carbohydrate diet designed to induce 'ketosis'. 'Ketosis' is a term applied to a state where the ketone blood levels are high enough to allow ketones to leave the body on the breath or in urine. Physiological ketosis is a normal protective mechanism reflecting the way in which the body switches its metabolism to 'burning fat'. The effect of high levels of ketones varies from person to person. Some people feel euphoric, others may not feel hungry. There is little evidence that physiological ketosis is harmful."
But you don't need to be in ketosis to lose weight either, it just "eases" the dieting state
Had to put my 2 cents :)

Thanks for the input, enlightenme :)...Actually, I am quite aware that there is muscle loss when the body is in ketosis for a long period of time...but surely we don't want to frighten everyone out here, especially since many of us, are just in the beginning stages of the diet??:)

Let us focus on the positive aspects of the diet....for the pros in the diet, far outweigh the cons, as you can see from the huge number of success stories, of people who have followed this diet.....Let's take it one step at a time :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, enlightenme :)...Actually, I am quite aware that there is muscle loss when the body is in ketosis for a long period of time...but surely we don't want to frighten everyone out here, especially since many of us, are just in the beginning stages of the diet??:)

Let us focus on the positive aspects of the diet....for the pros in the diet, far outweigh the cons, as you can see from the huge number of success stories, of people who have followed this diet.....Let's take it one step at a time :)

But you have to be realistic.. AND it makes sense, you need more muscles to carry around your weight, then as your weight decreases, you need less muscle...(otherwise we'd see all CD and low carb dieters waalking around looking like Schwartzies :eek:). As long as it's being done following the rules, then it's safe!

:peep: Jillybeans where are you?? I miss my morning thread... I hope all is well with you!

:17729:So Easter everyone... what's the plan? It's a big deal here, not just the kids but in the way of family reunions... I plan on being 100% CD which is hard through a holiday (here it's good friday, easter Sunday and easter Monday) - BBQs, meals. The weather doesn't look all that great so it'll be inside which make things worse... Thank goodness I'm not a sweets person because it would be excruciating, however, it will be hard nevertheless

What are your coping techniques?

Back