My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

Hi all, I've lost 16lbs next WI on Monday which will be my 5th. I'm excited as I got my hubby to hide my scales so have no idea of outcome.

I'm lying in bed trying to calm down as my 14year old daughter went missing at the late skate at our local ice rink. Wasn't waiting at the door at 10pm as was told, couldn't find her for 29 minutes then they turned lights off and locked door. Panic set in. Eventually found her strolling round the corner without a care in the world. Yep, she's now grounded.

It hasn't helped the heart palpitations I've been getting for 3 days not to mention freezing cold hands and feet and random shivers going up my body. So cococooold.

I'm staying on plan all over easter no day off for me. Would be lethal. :)

I'm really struggling ladies. Hit a brick wall yesterday and just felt miserable and ended up talking myself out of the whole diet and eating crap. I really don't know what to do, I find this diet so hard from the social aspect but I have so much weight to lose I can't face the thought of it taking forever. My oh is so supportive and has put up with my chopping and changing all the time but it's hard for him cos I just can't make up my mind what to do. The first 4 days this time were no problem, I even went to a baby shower with loads of food and cakes etc on offer and wasn't tempted but then I hit day 5 and the cravings start. I really can't stand being this weight anymore

THIS IS NOT A EASY DIET! In fact, I see this, as my last resort diet. As tuckinurbelly says, we have ALL tried numerous diets, obviously without success, thats why we are here, and on Cambridge. Its a MINDSET. Cutting yourself off from all food is a serious challenge - alientating yourself from friends and social environments is a concious decision (believe me, this is where I've struggled the most) - I couldnt weigh and measure my foods, so cutting food altogether is a serious challenge.

You have to be in the right frame of mind to do this diet. Understand that everything, your entire life, gets put on hold whilst you do this diet. You have to be seriously strong and have one helluva willpower to not eat, when surrounded by people that are eating and drinking. If you're not in the right frame of mind (and we all waver from time to time) then you're wasting your time and money. This is not a cheap diet. But it DOES give you results quickly - with social consequences.

WELL DONE Slimgorgeous!!!!! So you are close to target now - you can smell it!!!! You didnt have much to loose then I gather? Only around 20kgs?? So you've lost 5kgs in the 10 days of this mini challenge? So very proud!!!:grouphugg: I understand totally taking a break for a night. Go and enjoy!

Oh dear Estelle - sorry you had to work all day! So you didnt get around to the housework... well you're welcome here then! LOL!

WELL DONE CHAM on your loss so far! That is amazing! I'd be mad as hell as well re your daughter!

I kinda fell off the wagon last night. Mostly boredom got to me. I had a couple cocktail sausages, then decided to clean out the ice cream container! I woke with the most amazing headache today and wondering if it was due to the ice cream coz thats the only real sugar I've had in 8 weeks!!!! Well that set me straight - no more sweet stuff!

Talking of sweet stuff - wheres Sweetaddict????

Well done Laura!!!! You really are taking to this challenge well - dying to see what your loss is!!!

I'm going to bake (I dont bake) chocolate brownies today for my kids for easter.... wish me luck (I would love to lick the bowl!)

I'm really struggling ladies. Hit a brick wall yesterday and just felt miserable and ended up talking myself out of the whole diet and eating crap. I really don't know what to do, I find this diet so hard from the social aspect but I have so much weight to lose I can't face the thought of it taking forever. My oh is so supportive and has put up with my chopping and changing all the time but it's hard for him cos I just can't make up my mind what to do. The first 4 days this time were no problem, I even went to a baby shower with loads of food and cakes etc on offer and wasn't tempted but then I hit day 5 and the cravings start. I really can't stand being this weight anymore
Hi Mickster, sorry to respond so long after your initial post. I think the ladies summed it up very well for you. I would just add that you can look at it from two ways.
1 - It's your choice, you are doing this coz you want to and it's your personal challenge - nothing is going to get in your way. If you are doing it for others, not for yourself... it will be very hard to stick to
2 - you're being controlled by it, you're a "victim" in spite of yourself, it's imposed on you - in this light (and you are not alone trust me!) you find many reasons to sabotage yourself

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...mation/2149-two-kinds-people-who-do-vlcd.html - sums it up rather well and I found it's rather true.
That's what being in the zone is all about, it is a temporary deprivation not lifelong. Now the REAL question to ask yourself is, are you ready to take on the diet? - or any diet for that matter? Just like exercise I find that if I'm just not ready, I won't stick to it...
My two-cnets, your decision - but whatever you chose, do it for yourself

Jolly beans if you want to make the brownies extra special put a mini cream egg in the middle and bake, the chocolate melts and leaves the gooie middle mmmm

Stay strong, don't lick the bowl its now worth it

I only get the water smiley for yesterday :-(

Lee-Anne, I'm almost glad to see this coz I was starting to think you were super-human!:flowers:
:flowers::flowers:

I've just climbed onto a chair and sorted out the tops of my kitchen cuboards, you know that place you never go! I felt feint when I climbed onto the chair and imagined my lifeless fat blob of a body on the kitchen floor for a moment!

Struggling with water today. Actually, today just started totally wrong with my huge hangover type headache! I mean man-oh-man I felt the headache before I even opened my eyes!!! I got up and took a headache powder and climbed back into bed to re-couperate!

Now that I've sorted the tops of my cubboards out (I had been hoarding egg boxes and inner tube rolls etc for kids projects, but decided to turf the LOT) I need to hit the shops for some easter eggs!!!:gimi:

BTW, when I started this diet, it had pains in my feet first thing in the morning - when I got out of bed those first few steps were painfull - now that I've lost some weight, I dont have that pain anymore!:clap:

Lee-Anne, I'm almost glad to see this coz I was starting to think you were super-human!:flowers:
:flowers::flowers:

I've just climbed onto a chair and sorted out the tops of my kitchen cuboards, you know that place you never go! I felt feint when I climbed onto the chair and imagined my lifeless fat blob of a body on the kitchen floor for a moment!

Struggling with water today. Actually, today just started totally wrong with my huge hangover type headache! I mean man-oh-man I felt the headache before I even opened my eyes!!! I got up and took a headache powder and climbed back into bed to re-couperate!

Now that I've sorted the tops of my cubboards out (I had been hoarding egg boxes and inner tube rolls etc for kids projects, but decided to turf the LOT) I need to hit the shops for some easter eggs!!!:gimi:

BTW, when I started this diet, it had pains in my feet first thing in the morning - when I got out of bed those first few steps were painfull - now that I've lost some weight, I dont have that pain anymore!:clap:

Hey Jillybeans, I am still in bed :eek: as i write this. Between work and family probs (italians are really in for drama, my goodness) ) bottom line husband and kids at home :cry: trying to get them to go to his parents as they're getting on in age...
So much for my non-cooking weekend too - ah i love how life has a way of not working out sometimes!
So I'm not gonna fight it, will just have a semi-restful time. Gonna try to fit the kids in with my mom or something.

I need to hit water too, have a monstrous headache, I think it's partly stress-induced, but also need to drink up, yesterday managed 3l but not enough for me.

100% ss and 3ltrs of water drank yesterday :)

I bought some of the orange water flavouring yesterday and although it taste more like lemon to me it's quite nice :) x

Hi girls.

I have made a summarized table of the 13 day mini challenge for us to view our progress at a quick glance. It is pretty simple to understand. The green smiley:D means that we have followed the SS 100% and the yellow smiley :) means that we have followed the water intake 100%. If any smiley is missing it means we have not followed that part of the challenge 100%. Hope this table is simple and clear to everyone! I will also be updating this table at the end of each day. :)
Green smiley:D = SS done 100%
Yellow Smiley:) = Water intake of 2.5L done 100%

DAY 11 - Friday, 29th March, 2013

slimgorgeous
me
lauren

tuckinur
belly

laura
swift

jilly
beans

afsana
sunflower lady
DAY 1
:D:)
:)
DAY 2
DAY 3
DAY 4
DAY 5
DAY 6
DAY 7
DAY 8
DAY 9
---
??
DAY 10
---
DAY 11
??
DAY 12
DAY 13

It was 100% for me too yesterday.

Afsana, how did your day go yesterday? Is it 100%?

Jillybeans, thanks for the kind words. Yes, I had 23 kg to lose. So far I have lost 13kg (about 28lbs) from the start of the main challenge on 26.02.2013. I have lost 5kg(11lbs) from the start of the mini challenge. But I think these last 10kg are going to be tougher to lose as it is closer to goal weight.

Last edited:
23kgs is almost done and dusted and yes, the hardest part is going to be the last 10kgs.... as you know all to well, the closer you get to goal the more difficult it is.

I have a friend who lost 35kgs on Slimming World. She says the easy part was the losing the weight - the maintaining is the hard part. I believe her.

It was only one chocolate brownie - I then took a bunch to my friend to eat - and there's some for the kids for tomorrow - but I burnt the underneath of them so they arent great, but I had to test it out myself! I know......... I know............scold away........... I deserve it.:whoopass:

Just got back from movies with friend - her fiance wanted to take us out to dinner afterwards and my friend said "no, its not fair on Jill!".... Didnt know whether to slap her or kiss her.

Well, as you know, I was not 100% today. Although I did have my water.... but I guess thats not counting much these days.....:break_diet::break_diet:

23kgs is almost done and dusted and yes, the hardest part is going to be the last 10kgs.... as you know all to well, the closer you get to goal the more difficult it is.

I have a friend who lost 35kgs on Slimming World. She says the easy part was the losing the weight - the maintaining is the hard part. I believe her.

It was only one chocolate brownie - I then took a bunch to my friend to eat - and there's some for the kids for tomorrow - but I burnt the underneath of them so they arent great, but I had to test it out myself! I know......... I know............scold away........... I deserve it.:whoopass:

Just got back from movies with friend - her fiance wanted to take us out to dinner afterwards and my friend said "no, its not fair on Jill!".... Didnt know whether to slap her or kiss her.

Well, as you know, I was not 100% today. Although I did have my water.... but I guess thats not counting much these days.....:break_diet::break_diet:

Jilly...I perfectly understand your situation...and while I will not say you should eat...I would suggest that if you think your are strong enough to get back on plan, immediately after Easter, I don't see any harm in letting yourself enjoy Easter since it is tomorrow anyway and the end of this mini challenge....and start the next mini challenge (starts on April 02nd, 2013), refreshed and recharged....mind you...that is only if you are 100% certain that you can get back on track the very next day....I think it is far better that way, rather than falling to temptation on Easter Day, and then beating yourself up afterwards...

But Jilly, if you do decide to go off plan and celebrate Easter, you HAVE to make a promise to me and our team, that you will try and start afresh for the next mini challenge and be 100% SS. No more slip ups will be excusable....I will really really scold you then!!! ;)

Believe me, you will be so glad you stuck to it and by the end of the 14 day mini challenge there will be an amazing change in you!....Oh and happy Easter in advance!! My love and hugs to you and your little ones!! :hug99:

Last edited:
so for the first time since starting i had chocolate and popcorn in my house as i have niece and nephew over night!sooo hard but didnt cave!dont know how i didnt!couldnt do this every day so fair play jillybean only having one brownie cause u are around it so much with ur kids.i would have eaten the lot!!!:)

i have been 100% today on both counts.have spoken to cdc and have made a decision to have dinner tomorrow with family as ive already said no to two other family occasions so im treating myself with some meat and veg in my sisters house.they arent doing desert which is a big deal as my family love desert!!!so hope it will be ok.Will be back to 100% on monday without a doubt.is it weird that im kinda nervous about eating???

so for the first time since starting i had chocolate and popcorn in my house as i have niece and nephew over night!sooo hard but didnt cave!dont know how i didnt!couldnt do this every day so fair play jillybean only having one brownie cause u are around it so much with ur kids.i would have eaten the lot!!!:)

i have been 100% today on both counts.have spoken to cdc and have made a decision to have dinner tomorrow with family as ive already said no to two other family occasions so im treating myself with some meat and veg in my sisters house.they arent doing desert which is a big deal as my family love desert!!!so hope it will be ok.Will be back to 100% on monday without a doubt.is it weird that im kinda nervous about eating???

Happy Easter Tuckinurbelly and enjoy your Easter dinner! Well done on being able to do 100% for the last 12 days!! You should be SUPER proud of yourself! :) I look forward to seeing you in the next mini challenge! You go girl!! :D

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm gonna say this but after a horrible day at work I have caved in! I ate half a small Easter egg and boy do I feel Ill!!!! Within 30 mins I have cramps feel sick and not to mention bloated. I can honestly say as a previous chocoholic that it wasn't even tasty :(

Got my wi in the am so now dreading it! Haven't lost much this week anyway but certainly haven't now. Tomro is a fresh day and I will be 100% as I want to see the 11's sooner rather than later!

Was 100% with water tho, nit like that much use :(

Happy Easter Tuckinurbelly and enjoy your Easter dinner! Well done on being able to do 100% for the last 12 days!! You should be SUPER proud of yourself! :) I look forward to seeing you in the next mini challenge! You go girl!! :D

ah thanks slimgorgeousme!means a lot to get the support!bring on the next challenge!!!:thumbup:

Back