My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

Thanks guys, feeling a lot more positive today :)

Day 8 (12th April) 100% ss and 3ltrs of water but no mermaid.

Does anyone know if we are allowed the coke zero cherry as my consultant allows 1 can of coke zero a day, have checked the ingredients and there is no citric acid in it which is what I was told to avoid
X

Lauren, there are a lot of conflicting opinions on this and there does not seem to be a definite answer. My CDC has told me to strictly stay away from all diet drinks. But there are some other CDCs who say it is fine, and some people do find that having one a day, does not affect the rate of weight loss or induce cravings.

I personally have decided not to even go down that road, as I don't think it is a very healthy option, and even if it does not affect our weight loss, or induce cravings, it may cause other unforeseen health problems in the future, especially since we are consuming it with very few calories.

I guess, the point to take home is that it is really up to your discretion to try it out, since your CDC suggested it is OK. But you also have to closely monitor whether it is stalling your weight loss, or inducing unwanted cravings. Different people have different tolerances to diet drinks. For some it is perfectly fine to have one drink a day. For others it seems to induce cravings and stall weight loss. It really is your call. In any case, if you do plan on having it, I suggest you limit it to one a day. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
I'm ok to be dropped off the mini 14 day challenge as I know I"m different to you all as I will be eating.

Lauren, well done on the 1.8kg loss!!!! SEE? Never trust your scales at home and always weigh on the same scales every week - you are proof of this.

Today I only had my breakfast shake as I was cleaning kitchen cubboards out - so had b'fast at 11am only! Means hopefully today I wont be pekkish.... as the weather is colder, I find myself wanting more and more food.

Had my chicken and cucumber last night, but it made my tummy grumble??? I swear I could hear it over the TV!

Just dropped my daughter off at a playdate, then we're saying bye to our friends who emmigrate on Sunday, then I thought I'd take my son out for lunch as he's so miserable his best mate is leaving.

I think I need to stick to shakes today too.................

Jillybeans, why don't you stick to SS until the end of this mini challenge? Besides, I don't know why your CDC asked you to move into SS+. Actually we are supposed to move into SS+ when we are almost at goal weight as on SS+ the weight loss is much slower. I personally will be moving into SS+ only after I have reached goal weight...You can easily follow SS for 12 weeks, as suggested in the CWP website, and then maybe move onto SS+ for a week before resuming SS again. This is the most quick and effective weight to reach your goal weight.

Lauren, there are a lot of conflicting opinions on this and there does not seem to be a definite answer. My CDC has told me to strictly stay away from all diet drinks. But there are some other CDCs who say it is fine, and some people do find that having one a day, does not affect the rate of weight loss or induce cravings.

I personally have decided not to even go down that road, as I don't think it is a very healthy option, and even if it does not affect our weight loss, or induce cravings, it may cause other unforeseen health problems in the future, especially since we are consuming it with very few calories.

I guess, the point to take home is that it is really up to your discretion to try it out, since your CDC suggested it is OK. But you also have to closely monitor whether it is stalling your weight loss, or inducing unwanted cravings. Different people have different tolerances to diet drinks. For some it is perfectly fine to have one drink a day. For others it seems to induce cravings and stall weight loss. It really is your call. In any case, if you do plan on having it, I suggest you limit it to one a day. Hope this helps. :)

I agree with u there slim.the word 'coke' & 'weight loss' should never be in the same sentence!also fizzy drinks break down muscle so if your trying to tone muscles or skin it wont help!

Jillybeans, why don't you stick to SS until the end of this mini challenge? Besides, I don't know why your CDC asked you to move into SS+. Actually we are supposed to move into SS+ when we are almost at goal weight as on SS+ the weight loss is much slower. I personally will be moving into SS+ only after I have reached goal weight...You can easily follow SS for 12 weeks, as suggested in the CWP website, and then maybe move onto SS+ for a week before resuming SS again. This is the most quick and effective weight to reach your goal weight.

Actually, SS+ isn't slower. Well, maybe a tiny eenie weenie bit slower, but hardly enough to notice. :) It adds an extra 200 calories a day to SS or an additional 1400 calories a week. As common wisdom often states that you need a calorie deficit of 3,500 calories to lose a pound, you can see it doesn't even add up to half a pound difference in weight loss per week. In fact, in practice, weight loss is often identical, because many people find it easier to stick to SS+ instead of SS and don't fall off the wagon as much.

And SS+ isn't a step to be on at goal (maybe I've misunderstood what you meant to say here SGM so apologies if I have). SS+ is a 615-650 calorie a day plan. Once your BMI hits 25.0 you need to be on 810 calories each day at least otherwise you're at risk of losing lean muscle mass - never a good thing. You should also do a week of 810 after 12 weeks of SS-ing, be that SS+ing or straight SS-ing - the body can hardly tell the difference between the 2 plans.

If SS+ suits you better Jilly, don't worry that it won't work as quickly - it will. :)

Ah, edited to add that I've read your post now Jilly and you're referring to being put on Step 2 - that's 810. Losses on 810 are also pretty good - again, it only makes a difference in weight loss of just over half a pound a week compared to SS. Some people never do anything but 810 for the whole of their Cambridge journey and do brilliantly well. :clap:

Actually, SS+ isn't slower. Well, maybe a tiny eenie weenie bit slower, but hardly enough to notice. :) It adds an extra 200 calories a day to SS or an additional 1400 calories a week. As common wisdom often states that you need a calorie deficit of 3,500 calories to lose a pound, you can see it doesn't even add up to half a pound difference in weight loss per week. In fact, in practice, weight loss is often identical, because many people find it easier to stick to SS+ instead of SS and don't fall off the wagon as much.

And SS+ isn't a step to be on at goal (maybe I've misunderstood what you meant to say here SGM so apologies if I have). SS+ is a 615-650 calorie a day plan. Once your BMI hits 25.0 you need to be on 810 calories each day at least otherwise you're at risk of losing lean muscle mass - never a good thing. You should also do a week of 810 after 12 weeks of SS-ing, be that SS+ing or straight SS-ing - the body can hardly tell the difference between the 2 plans.

If SS+ suits you better Jilly, don't worry that it won't work as quickly - it will. :)

Ah, edited to add that I've read your post now Jilly and you're referring to being put on Step 2 - that's 810. Losses on 810 are also pretty good - again, it only makes a difference in weight loss of just over half a pound a week compared to SS. Some people never do anything but 810 for the whole of their Cambridge journey and do brilliantly well. :clap:

Yes, that's what i keep saying!! I did send Jilly the SS+ options, and I never considered SS+ to NOT be sole sourcing... Step 2 is 810. I did PM Jilly about it, I do not see how that would take her out of the 12 week challenge!

As for me
Day 8 April 11th, 2013 - 100% on all three counts
Day 9 April 12th, 2013 - only one smiley for water and a mermaid! Had lunch out today :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

So really confused with what day we are on so im gonna just give the date!april 13th and 100% on 2 today.didnt do exercise but no plan to!

Day 9 13.4.13 2 smileys, no mermaid as its the weekend. :)

Was supposed to go out for a meal tonight for a friends birthday but decided I couldn't go as I hadn't reached the target I had set myself for the date. Stayed at home and had my soup instead.

Getting really bored of drinking water too, I know everyone says its tasteless but I hate the taste and its getting to me now. May buy a water flavouring to spice things up a bit. :)

MINI CHALLENGE 2 (14 Days) - Start Date(Day 1) : Friday, 05th April, 2013 End Date(Day 14): Thursday, 18th April 2013.

Hi girls.

I have made a summarized table of the 14 day mini challenge for us to view our progress at a quick glance. It is pretty simple to understand. The green smiley:D means that we have followed the SS 100% and the yellow smiley :) means that we have followed the water intake 100%. If any smiley is missing it means we have not followed that part of the challenge 100%. Hope this table is simple and clear to everyone! I will also be updating this table at the end of each day. :)

Green smiley:D = SS done 100%
Yellow Smiley:) = Water intake of 2.5L done 100%
Dancing Mermaid:mermaid:= 30 minutes of gentle walking done -This is optional ...but don't you want to look hot like the mermaid??? ;)

Please do not forget to update us for each and every single day of the mini challenge, no matter how your day went. You may update at the end of each day or the next day in the morning. Kindly mention the day (example: Day 2) and date (eg. 06th April, 2013) as well so that it is easier for me to keep track, especially as we are all in different time zones.

I will give an example below for more clarity:

Day 3 - April 07th, 2013 - 100% on all three counts

Also, I am sorry to say that anybody who does not update us for two consecutive times in a row, will be automatically removed from the group. I am hoping all of us in this group will be there right till the end of the mini challenge and there will be no drop offs! :D...So here's to wishing all of us a FABULOUS success and fabulous weight losses!! Hope your day is going well so far!!!
:)

Day 14 of this Mini Challenge will be Thursday April 18th, 2013.... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
:D :) :mermaid:

DAY 9 - Saturday, 13th April, 2013

SlimGorgeous
Me
Sunflower
Lady

Enlighten
me2

Lauren

Mickster
Tuckinur
belly

Elaha
Frau
Frau

DAY 1
:D
:mermaid:

DAY 2

DAY 3
DAY 4

DAY 5

------

DAY 6

DAY 7

??
DAY 8

DAY 9

DAY 10
DAY 11
DAY 12
Day 13
Day 14

Last edited:
100% for me on all three counts.

What has happened to LauraSwift, Victoria, Mickster and Elaha? No update for the last 2 days. Please do let us know how your day went or I am sorry to say that you will have to be dropped out of the challenge...I do hope to hear from you ! :)

Jillybeans, please let me know your thoughts...are you still in the challnege?

On another note, I had to share this with you....

My friends were totally amazed to see me yesterday, and could not believe the change in me. They complimented me on how young, beautiful and fit I looked! I was quite aware of the change myself but it was really great to hear it from others and see their reactions to the new me. :)

The best part is now I think I well and truly am in the "heaven of ketosis" . Absolutely nothing tempts me anymore and I am just happy drinking my shakes, soups and porridges! Even when my friends insisted on me having steak, roast chicken and blueberry cheesecake, I found it very easy to resist without any regrets! They even asked me how I managed to get into such great shape! I find it hard to believe how far I have come! This board had truly been a great source of motivation and inspiration! Woo! Hoo!! :D:party0011::mermaid:

Well done slim!!! Sorry been chaos last few days.
Day 8 100% water but sadly not ss. I was at work, can I count that as my exercise? I have quite a physical job. On my feet all day bending up and down to sear ch people, searching bags etc? Does that count? It nearly kills me at the mo lol.
Day 9 100% water again but not ss or exercise.
Today got to get my bum back in gear!!!!

Thanks for the thumbs up Mickster! :)

I do not think that it would count as exercise Mickster. It would count as part of your professional chores. :) You had better pull up you socks Mickster! I am not happy to see you slacken off like this! Promise me it will be 100 % tomorrow?? :)

Thanks to this thread and the good friends made in the forums, I have been 100% SS for 12 full days already and still going strong. No cheating on any days! I want to try eek this out till 15 May which is hubby's birthday.

Well done slim on all the comments! They really are a huge boost to the confidence and the resolve to stay on the plan!

Getting bored of water. Which water flavouring do people recommend?

Also, how does it work? You can only use x of the stuff in x litres, so you still need to have plain water too during a day? Right? Wrong?

Thoughts?

On it today I promise!! You and oh have full permission to really really tells off otherwise. Plus off to look at a wedding venue for next year in a min so will be a good motivator!! X

Back