My 2 week- half a stone challange

karen1983

Some people might recognise me on here as the girl who has been about 14 and half stone (give or take 1-2 pounds either side) for the past year despite me being totally convinced I am following the Slimming World plan.
Well, I know what you're thinking and you'd be right... sometimes I don't count the extra couple of rounds of bread I have before bed, sometimes I don't count a singe syn from friday after work until Monday morning and then start counting syns as if I've had none for the past few days, Sometimes I pour double the amount of cereal into my cereal bowl, some days I have a bottle of wine and pretend it never happened, sometimes I use the old weight watchers trick that exercise earns "bonus points" and have developed my very own dillusional system of creatining "bonus syns".

This is it now, I know I'm no good at being totally strict forever and ever but by challenging myself to just 2 weeks to do the plan properly and keeping a diary and exercising I want to prove to myself just how well I can do, this could then encourage some sort of electric bolt in my brain to stick to the plan all the time.

Ideally I want to lose half a stone in 2 weeks, but I'm not going to cry if I don't because I'm more concerned about being given a plan and actually sticking to it and knowing for myself how much I can lose when I do things properly.

Today's date is Monday 3rd October 2011.
I am 14 stone 7 pound.
I will not go near a weighing scale or a slimming world class until Monday 17th October 2011.

here I go...

I have found some old "trackers" from my slimming world pack that I never used so I am going to be using them.

My proposed food plan for the next 2 weeks

MONDAY 3rd October 2011
Breakfast- banana and yogurt
Lunch- Minestrone soup (I'll post recipe below)
Dinner- Spaghetti bolognaise with great big salad

TUESDAY 4th October 2011
Breakfast yogurt and fruit
Lunch soup and yogurt
Dinner- fish pie- 1 syn per portion (I'll post recipe below)

WEDNESDAY 5th October 2011
Breakfast yogurt and fruit
Lunch soup and yogurt
Dinner- fish pie- 1 syn per portion (I'll post recipe below)

THURSDAY 6th October 2011
Breakfast beans and egg on wholemeal toast
Lunch pasta n sauce
Dinner- chicken salad

FRIDAY 7th October 2011
Breakfast porridge
Lunch cottage cheese and salad jacket potato
Dinner- beef stir fry

SATURDAY 8th October 2011
Breakfast fruit/porridge
Lunch fish pie
Dinner- chick pea dahl and rice (other half can have pasta and meatballs)

SUNDAY 9th October 2011
Breakfast egg, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, wholemeal toast
Lunch no lunch because of late breakfast
Dinner- Pork, dry roast potatoes, loads of veggies

MONDAY 10th October 2011
Breakfast- fruit and yogurt
Lunch- tuna, pasta salad with fruit and yogurt (other half-same)
Dinner- roast pork and veg

TUESDAY 11th October 2011
Breakfast fruit and yogurt
Lunch minestone soup and yogurt and fruit (turkey and veg for other half)
Dinner vegetable curry and rice (soup for other half)

WEDNESDAY 12th October 2011
Lunch minestrone soup, yogurt, fruit (same for other half)
Dinner cauliflower and chickpea curry with rice

THURSDAY 13th October 2011
Lunch minestrone soup, fruit and yogurt (other half turkey and veg)
Dinner bean feast bolognaise and pasta (other half minestrone soup, fruit and yogurt)

FRIDAY 14th October 2011
Lunch bean feast and pasta (other half same)
Dinner cauliflower and chickpea curry with rice

SATURDAY 15th October 2011
brunch syn free sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, egg and wholemeal toast
Dinner TAPAS NIGHT more details further in thread

SUNDAY 16th October 2011
brunch syn free sausage, mushrooms, beans, tomatoes egg and wholemeal toast
Dinner pork roast

Last edited:
Some people might recognise me on here as the girl who has been about 14 and half stone (give or take 1-2 pounds either side) for the past year despite me being totally convinced I am following the Slimming World plan.
Well, I know what you're thinking and you'd be right... sometimes I don't count the extra couple of rounds of bread I have before bed, sometimes I don't count a singe syn from friday after work until Monday morning and then start counting syns as if I've had none for the past few days, Sometimes I pour double the amount of cereal into my cereal bowl, some days I have a bottle of wine and pretend it never happened, sometimes I use the old weight watchers trick that exercise earns "bonus points" and have developed my very own dillusional system of creatining "bonus syns".

This is it now, I know I'm no good at being totally strict forever and ever but by challenging myself to just 2 weeks to do the plan properly and keeping a diary and exercising I want to prove to myself just how well I can do, this could then encourage some sort of electric bolt in my brain to stick to the plan all the time.

Ideally I want to lose half a stone in 2 weeks, but I'm not going to cry if I don't because I'm more concerned about being given a plan and actually sticking to it and knowing for myself how much I can lose when I do things properly.

Today's date is Monday 3rd October 2011.
I am 14 stone 7 pound.
I will not go near a weighing scale or a slimming world class until Monday 17th October 2011.

here I go...

Good on you Karen.............the very best of luck - you CAN do this :D :D :D

Rather than eating the same thing 2 days running, would it be possible for you to freeze one portion to use the following week? This would vary your food a bit more and probably give you better losses.

You also need to include your HEAs and HEBs, and syns, otherwise we can't see if you are actually sticking to plan.

Denise

Thanks for tip Denise. Your right about the bit of varity though. That list above was my draft meal plan for the next 2 weeks but I intend to do a detailled food diary each each as well and I can swap things about so I think I will try that!

DAY ONE
Monday 3rd October 2011

Breakfast
fat free yogurt

Lunch
Minestrone soup (recipe below)
Fat free yogurt

Dinner
Pasta
turkey Bolognaise
loads of salad
fat free/syn free vinagerette dressing
fat free yogurt

HEA
Milk for tea and coffee

HEB
none

Syns
none

Exercise
none

Notes
No syns is good, no exercise not so good and no healthy extra B probably not the best idea in the world as I had promised myself to follow the plan properly- meaning not only not eating things I shouldn't but also eating the things that the book is telling me to i.e both healthy extras

Last edited:
Minestrone soup recipe SYN FREE
(serves 10)

2 potatoes (peeled and diced)
4-5 carrots (peeled and diced)
2-3 sticks of celery (diced)
Head of brocoli and/or cauliflower (chopped small)
2 handfuls of cabbage
2 medium onions (or 1 large onion)
2 cans of passatta/chopped tomatoes
2 heaped teaspoons of mixed herbs
salt and pepper
1 can of baked beans
3 stock cubes (flavour of your choice) made up with 2 litres of water
100g pasta shapes

METHOD
Throw everything into a large pan apart from pasta, potatoes and baked beans. Bring to the boil and simmer til carrots are tender.
When carrots are done throw in diced potato and can of baked beans and continue to simmer.
When potatoes are cooked add 100g of pasta and simmer until pasta is cooked.

DAY TWO
Tuesday 4th October 2011

Breakfast
Fat free yogurt

Lunch
minestrone soup
fat free yogurt
apple

Dinner
Fish pie (1 syns per portion) (recipe below)
cabbage
fat free yogurt

HEA
milk for tea and coffee

HEB
none again oops

Syns
fish pie- 1
options hot choc- 2
TOTAL TODAY- 3

Exercise
walked home from work

Notes
Was supposed to be going to an aerobics class with a friend who let me down :-(
nevermind

Last edited:
Fish pie recipe 4 syns for whole recipe
(Serves 4)

2-3 large fish fillets
enough potatoes to make up mash to cover a large oven dish (I won't specify as everyone has different dishes)
1 teaspoon of low fat spread
1 dash of milk (the amount you'd put in a cup of tea)
salt and pepper
Half can of Batchelors (previously campbells) low fat mushroom soup
spray light

Pre-heat oven on gas mark 4.
In a large over proof dish put some raw fillet fish of your choice cut into bitesize pieces (I use cod and smoked haddock). Add a teaspoon of low fat spread, salt and pepper and a dash of milk (the milk and spread is synned adding to the total above). Cover oven dish in tin foil, put in the middle of the oven and cook for for about 15-20 mins on gas mark 4.
Boil and mash potatoes while fish cooks.
Take dish out the oven and add half can of batchelors low fat mushroom soup and then fill half the can with water and add that too. Mix up properly and allow to cool and set slightly.
When cooled down you will find it easier to add the mash onto the top, spread on top and press down.
Use spray light on top of pie to help it brown in the oven.
Cook for a further 25 mins on gas mark 5.
Serve with as much veg as you can handle.

Last edited:
DAY THREE
Wednesday 5th October 2011

Breakfast
Fat free yogurt
banana

Lunch
minestrone soup
fat free yogurt
apple

Dinner
Fish pie (1 syns per portion) (recipe above)
cabbage

HEA
milk for tea and coffee

HEB
none

Syns
fish pie- 1

Exercise
walked to work and walked back home- about 1 mile altogether

Last edited:
DAY FOUR- THE FIRST HICCUP DAY, THERE WAS GOING TO BE ONE!
Thursday 6th October 2011

Breakfast
egg
tomato
beans
potato
half a syn free sausage

Lunch
batchelor's pasta n sauce

Dinner
chicken breast
salad

HEA
milk for tea and coffee

HEB
wholemeal bread (my first HEB of the week)

Syns
bread roll 5.5
teaspoon of extra light mayo (the book says 1 tablespoon is 0.5 and I had a teaspoon so I'm going to count it as 0, let me know if I'm wrong please)
french fries- 9
small low fat croissant- 11
double decker-14.5
FLAMICK HECK!
40 in one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notes
I was sent home ill from work with a really heavy cold and I think I took the expression "feed a cold, starve a fever a little too far" and I had an hour of madness with the food situation, however, I am so glad I've had hardly any syns this week because I'm still under what I can have a week in syns although ideally I'd like to be having as few syns as possible.
Me and the other half are annoyed with ourselves that we chose a random thursday night to have a binge, if we knew we were going to lapse we'd have til the weekend but hey

DAY FIVE
Friday 7th October 2011

Breakfast
porridge with water and sweetner and a coffee (HEXB)

Lunch
tuna
cottage cheese
lots of salad vegetables

Dinner
beef, lean and diced
noodles
loads and loads of vegetables
blue dragon sauce half a sachet- 3.5

HEA
milk for tea and coffee

HEB
porridge made up with water and sweetner

Syns
blue dragon sauce half a sachet- 3.5

Last edited:
DAY SIX
Saturday 8th October

BREAKFAST

LUNCH
fish pie- 1 syns

DINNER
Chick pea dahl and rice

HEXA

HEXB

SYNS

DAY SEVEN
Sunday 9th October

BREAKFAST

LUNCH

DINNER
pork fillet
mashed potatoes
parnsips dry roasted
diced swede
sprouts
brocoli
apple sauce

HEXA

HEXB

SYNS

I met my challenge
not in the way I would have liked
due to a severely, severely stressful situation this week I managed to get to my "goal" 4 days early
I am now 14 stone but totally stressed with the situation that has happened to me this week
Its kind of put life in perspective for me, I wanted some drastic weight loss, not something drastic to happen which would upset me so much the weight would fall off

c'est la vie

Back