Step2 810kcal My 21st birthday

I'm only on day 2 of CWP and it's going fine. However it's my 21st birthday on the 14th of November and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I was very tempted to start after my birthday but it seemed silly because I could lose a stone by the time it's my birthday. So I started, knowing that it was my birthday soon, of which my partner had pre ordered and payed for a special 21st cake and booked a table at a restaurant for me and my friends!
I'm on step 2 at the moment as I have a bmi over 40, and I have decided that I will have grilled chicken breast and salad for my birthday meal- not too far off what I have now really, but I can't help but feel a little deflated about not being able to have a couple of glasses of wine or even any of my birthday cake.
I know what the sensible thing is to do, just go for my chicken salad and drink fizzy water all night but there's something seriously depressing about that concept on my 21st birthday!
Has anyone gone off diet for a day, taken a planned break or gone for a meal out and managed to A)get back on track the next day and B) not pile on the pounds?!
Ideally id like to go for my chicken salad meal, have a couple of drinks and be able to eat some cake, but I've got that massive feeling of being a total failure and letting myself down.
Sorry for the rant! Any ideas would be appreciated! :)

I don't have any words of wisdom as not done this yet but wanted to let you know I know how you feel! Funnily enough I have a special event on 14th November that I am planning on coming off plan for, however I will be strict with myself and get back on it the next day and expect a gain at weigh in! A one night blip won't take long to rectify, I think its more letting it drag on and one night turns into days and weeks. Happy birthday xx

If it was just a normal night out if say stick to it but as its your 21st is so enjoy it totally. It's a birthday I'll always remember. I've had nights off, numerous holidays and stuck to it. Just make sure you get back on.

Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

I think the same as Liz. I have had time off for bs and weddings etc. if you don't lose that week or at worst put a bit on it'll disappear as soon as you're back on it. You're only going to have one 21st birthday. You shouldn't regret not enjoying it for the sake of one night off a diet. Just get back on it the next day and it'll all be good!!!

Xxx

Thanks everyone. I don't have any concern about getting back on the diet if I'm honest, I plan to buy 2 weeks worth of shakes just before my birthday so I have to use them!
I was just worried about ruining my entire weight loss with a night out! Which is probably a tad irrational.
As I say, could have started after my birthday so even if I gain I've done myself a favour starting before because at least I'd have lost something from the diet!
Think I'll try and stick to no carbs bar my birthday cake.
Thanks for your help.xx

That sounds good. You will gain weight but it will be temporary and will just be water retention and if your back on straight away it will be gone in 2-3 days. You might not lose that much that week or even stay the same but you will have 2 weeks losses already and could easily be a stone lighter. I lost a stone in my first 2 weeks!!
Good luck Hun. X

Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

Don't forget if you are planning to drink you should make sure you are not in ketosis first ( eat a carby meal the night before or morning of) . Drinking alcohol when in ketosis can be really really dangerous- yes people get away with it but it would be a shame to be the one that ends up in hospital with it. So if you are staying off carbs skip the drink or eat enough carbs early enough to bring you out of ketosis and drink. You will soon get back into ketosis if you go straight back on plan after. Have a great time :)

Back