My bl00dy dogs !!!! Grrrrrrrr !!!!

Forget the dogs......I'm in LOVE with Leo and Lyzzie!!! I love goats, when we go to the farm (my SU has a voluntary 'job' there) I love the goats best.
In the summer I was having a particularly bad week with my SU and I was feeling so down and discouraged, I bent down to feed one of the kid goats and another climbed up my back and stood on my shoulders and back! Those tiny tiny hooves felt so wonderful I immediately felt better!

I love goats!

Lol I'm a bit scared of goats I used to work at a stables and they had 2 scarey goats lol I am also scared of cows like very scared and used to go out with a lad that work for a cattle haulage company I used to go out in the lorries all the time with him to cattle markets but never went near the cows give me a huge hairy 17.2hh Irish draught anyday and I'm in heaven lol

Forget the dogs......I'm in LOVE with Leo and Lyzzie!!! I love goats, when we go to the farm (my SU has a voluntary 'job' there) I love the goats best.
In the summer I was having a particularly bad week with my SU and I was feeling so down and discouraged, I bent down to feed one of the kid goats and another climbed up my back and stood on my shoulders and back! Those tiny tiny hooves felt so wonderful I immediately felt better!

I love goats!

I must try and get a photo on here of Frankie for you Shirleen. He in the most amazing goat we have ever had. He is a giant breed, as big as a small pony, his colour is strawberry roan ( almost pink) and he has startling blue eyes.

They make wonderful pets. Leo is over affectionate and has been known to jump through the kitchen window to be with us,bless.

Lol I'm a bit scared of goats I used to work at a stables and they had 2 scarey goats lol I am also scared of cows like very scared and used to go out with a lad that work for a cattle haulage company I used to go out in the lorries all the time with him to cattle markets but never went near the cows give me a huge hairy 17.2hh Irish draught anyday and I'm in heaven lol

We love cows to and a few years ago tried to import some Dexter's but because of the mad cow thing we couldn't.

They are more afraid of us than we should be of them.

We love all our animals and would not be without them but they do take an enormous amount of upkeep both physical and financial. They are the reason I was up at 5 this morning to get to work in Benidorm by 7.30 but as I said coming home to them makes it all worthwhile.

i am even more envious now lol you live in Spain, my dad and step mum have just moved out there hopefully get over there at some point after Christmas :) xx they are in torremolinos xx

soon2bslimmer77 said:
i am even more envious now lol you live in Spain, my dad and step mum have just moved out there hopefully get over there at some point after Christmas :) xx they are in torremolinos xx

I lived in Torremolinos many years ago and just up the rd in Benalmadena (SP).

On the cow thing, I used to be scared of them especially after being attacked by one when pregnant with Dort. She had big horns (the cow not Dort) and we came across her and others on a nature reserve and she went nutso!
However the farm has cured me, they have a lovely Jersey called Velvet and at first it was hard feeding her, did you know they have enormously long tongues? But now I can stroke her. She's a bit feisty and headbutts the goats and sheep out of her way, but goats are greedy!!!
Honestly if you have a farm or community farm near you, see if you can visit!

Mind I still give the rabbits WIDE berth! Bleurgh!

Lol yes they have huge tongues, that are like sandpaper and suck you in if you dont watch it lol calves i can cope with when little babys they will suckle on your fingers its very funny xx

Back