My Calorie Counting Reverse Diet Diary ...

sarah-louise x

Silver Member
I thought I would start a new diary now that I am calorie counting, but Im doing it with a difference where I eat in 'reverse'. I am going to have 1300 cals a day on a non active day and I will have 1500 cals on an active day. These cals will be broken down as follows....

Breakfast - 9am - 500 cals - a higher carb content meal.

Snack - 11am - 100 cals - banana usually

Lunch - 1pm - 300 cals - low fat & lower carbs

Snack - 3pm - 100 cals

Dinner - 5pm - 200 cals - low fat and minimal carbs

Snack - 7pm - 100 cals

Then on an active day I will add the extra 200 cals in. As you can see, I eat every 2 hours. This helps keep cravings at bay, stops me over eating and helps space my cals out as I need them. I also drink a glass of water or low cal squash with everything I eat which keeps me hydrated.

Exercise is needing some work! I have reinstated my gym membership as of 1st March so I will start my swimming back up and will go at least 2 x a week and then I will re-start my gym sessions which I hope will be 3 x week. I also use wii fit but thats more for fun and because Im competitive against my OH :D:D:D

Iv taken some 'before' photos so hopefully Il get brave one day and upload them, maybe when Iv shed a bit first :D

Im feeling really positive about this plan and really hope this is what I will settle with :D Im currently on day 2 and I do feel great, Iv had no hunger or cravings and Iv stuck to the plan, so its all good :D:D x

Wow this looks really interesting, did you make it up yourself? Good luck, I will be following you to see how this works :)

good luck with it honey, I think the eating every 2 hours is a great idea, and Im going to try and work that bit into my diet when im back from half term hols! xx

Wow this looks really interesting, did you make it up yourself? Good luck, I will be following you to see how this works :)

hi, well the reverse diet does exist but it involves having your dinner for breakfast, which i really wouldnt be able to do and i dont think it calorie counts. So what iv done is combined calorie counting with how i use my calories :D its quite logical when i think about it and im hoping for some good results :D I will definately keep my diary updated so u can all see how i get on.

thank u very much for reading the start of my diary and i hope your having a good journey too :D x

good luck with it honey, I think the eating every 2 hours is a great idea, and Im going to try and work that bit into my diet when im back from half term hols! xx

Thank u xx my OH cant believe i can eat as often as i do! but being on 1300 - 1500 cals and only 12g of fat as an average, its got to give results!! :confused: The principle of eating every 2 hrs is definately keeping me from snacking, craving, over eating and iv no hunger at all :D Il add some typical days menus to show u what i am eating ;)

i totally forgot its half term! :eek: xx

This sounds like a really good idea chick! We are almost identical weight and height. Im 5"4 and 220lbs. When are you weighing in? xx

Makes so much sense. I like a big brekkie anyway so night try it out for nxt few days too. I look forward to up progress.

I know, its so obvious :D just couldnt see the wood through the trees i think :eek: id love to see how u get on if u give it a try! :D good luck x

This sounds like a really good idea chick! We are almost identical weight and height. Im 5"4 and 220lbs. When are you weighing in? xx

thank u! im weighing in on a saturday, what about u? its always good to have a buddy with simular stats :D xx

So here i am on day 3 and everything is going to plan so far, Im totally loving this plan too!

my menu for today is..

B - i had a tin of tomato soup with 2 slices of thick bread and a medium banana and 1/4 pint skimmed milk - 500 cals.....not everyones idea of breakfast i know, but i love it!

snack - lge orange - 70 cals

lunch - 65g cheerios with 1/4 pint skimmed milk - 300 cals

snack - weightwatchers 50 cal yoghurt with a small apple - 100 cals

dinner - 195g muller light yoghurt with 1 apple and 1 pear sliced - 200 cals

snack - cadbury highlights hot chocolate with dash of skimmed milk - 100 cals

iv also got 1/4 pint skimmed milk to use in there somewhere for coffee. total cals 1257 total fat 9g

I would usually have some veg or salad in here somewhere but there is alot of fruit today. Its surprising how well this food distribution works!! I just hope its working weightloss wise....roll on saturday....if i can stay off the scales that long!!! x

Last edited:
This looks really interesting and I can see why it should work. Here's hoping for a fab loss for you :)

How's your protein intake overall?

This looks really interesting and I can see why it should work. Here's hoping for a fab loss for you :)

How's your protein intake overall?

Thank u!! my protein for today is 55g and yesterday was 79g.....i did google this the other day to see what i should be aiming for but couldnt find the answer...any ideas?? i do usually have some protein in form of beans,ham or chicken but todays menu dont have any ...oops! Carb content tends to be in the 200g region. i use a site called food focus as it calculates everything for me and i can play around with quantities to make it fit my requirements so it works out really well :D x

Saturday morning too! Yay! lol

Yeah that's really funny eh! That's it we need to start a race now lol xx

Yeah that's really funny eh! That's it we need to start a race now lol xx

ha ha iv not been on here for few days so i bet ur well away!!! tho i have been good, i had one day where i ate too many cals late in the day, im hoping its not been too damaging! :eek: how u been this week? x

I've been good. Must admit though today I've been quite bad and been eating bread I hope it doesn't affect weigh in! lol

have a good friday tomorrow huni x

yay!! end of week one and iv lost 3lbs so really pleased :) as iv been on a continuous diet of one or another for a while i knew i wouldnt get the usual bigger first week loss but i think 3lbs is fab ......roll on next weigh in...aiming for 2lbs :) x

3lbs is great! An excellent start to this one :)

Back