My diary of losing 7 stone by my 25th birthday! I will be a size 10!

Hi, well done on your weight loss so far.. I will go and check out Sainsburys. I have wide hips so I need a 20/22 in tailored trousers and shirts but it means things usually come up big across the legs and shoulders. I have seen some nice things in Peacocks which were quite cheap so I might go and try some on in there. I had a look in Next the other day and the stuff was soooo nice, but only up to a size 18 and quite expensive. I am going to set myself a goal of fitting into a size 18 shirt and trousers by the end of September for payday.

Yesterday wasnt too bad diet wise but didnt stick 100%, dad came over to pick my brother up and brought fish and chips with him for lunch ahhhh! I am going to stay down at my parents for the weekend which will prob mean the rest of the week wont be great. I think this week will prob be a bit of a blip, but I am planning to do lots of walking for the rest of the week, so hopefully it wont be too bad.

I hope everyone else is getting on well xx

Today was the dreaded weigh in day and I am 16 stone 5.25lb, so I am down a pound. Its not great but i am really pleased about it as I was expecting a gain after my bad previous week. I am going to mum and dads tonight so will try to be good over the weekend. It would be nice to lose another couple of pounds this coming week so I am close to 16 when I start work at the beginning of September.

Hi everyone, I got back from mum and dads yesterday had a nice weekend. I was ok diet wise but could have been better! I am planning on going for a quick walk every evening this week to help get a couple of pound off before weigh in on Friday.
My plan for today is:
breakfast - special k - 250
orange juice -100
lunch - muller yogurt - 150
grapes -100
crisps - 90
dinner - chilli con carne - 600
evening snacks - apple -100
crisps - 90

total 1480 calories

I think planning the day every morning and allowing for a couple of evening snacks will help. My boyfriend always grazes in the evening and I end up picking at crisps etc. as they are in front of me so if i allow a couple of treats it should help me stick.

I managed to get some clothes for work off ebay so hopefully they will fit! I also got a couple of pairs of trousers from Asda and BHS they are a size 20 and I havn't tried them on yet, so fingers crossed when Monday comes I can fit in them haha! They were all in the sale so I couldnt resist them and the ques for the changing rooms were huge!

It feels weird to think I am starting work next Monday, I am so nervous about what people will be like etc. When i finished uni in June i made a pact with myself to lose weight at 2 pounds a week.If I had stuck to it I would be 14 stone by now, a size 16 and able to buy nice clothes for work. This thought is so depressing, but it gives me the motivation to think that by xmas I will be much lighter. The weight is gradually coming off and so every week I am looking that little bit better. It took me 8 years to put it all on and so a year of dieting seems like nothing to get it all of again. I am determined never to feel like this again!!

Good luck everyone and have a lovely week

I think about 'where I would be' if the dieting had gone to plan every week but it's not healthy to focus on that. The main thing is you have made a conscious decision to become healthier and you are losing weight - regardless of how quickly - so good on you!!

Ah thank you, I think that taking each week as a goal to lose a couple of pounds is the way, rather than focusing too much ahead. I counted the other day that if I lose 2 pounds a week then I could be 14 stone by xmas. This still gives me a long way to go, but I will be a size 16 and able to buy clothes in all the shops I like... so excited for the xmas sales haha! It was also my pre-uni weight, so it will feel like I have put the past 4 years of weight gain behind. After this I think I have to take each stone as and when it comes off.

My boyfriend and I tried to go for a walk last night but I had really bad blisters from the night before so had to give up... i really need to get some comfy trainers.

I followed yesterdays diet to plan but had a sneaky bowl of special K in the evening. Today I am planning on having:

breakfast - special k-250
lunch - yogurt, crisps, grapes, apples -500
dinner -chicken curry, rice and naan bread - 750

I have stocked up on loads of low cal flavoured sparking water. I realised a lot of the time I go to the kitchen looking for something to crave and am just as satisfied when having a nice drink. Hopefully nice water will help me steer clear of temptation. I am the kind of person that cant just have a couple of squares of chocolate and stop, I will eat the whole bar.

I am going to have a hunt around the house for some plasters tonight and hopefully try and build my walk into a bit of a run/walk/hobble haha.

How is everyone else getting on?

Yesterday was a good day diet wise, eeeek weigh in tomorrow, so hopefully sts or a pound off after my weekend at home. I dont think I will see the scales properly start dropping until I see the start work next week.At the moment i am working from home and I think this is reducing the amount of exercise I get from day to day activities... and the food temptation is everywhere!

I have organised my work wardrobe into clothes that fit and clothes that nearly fit to give me a bit of motivation. There are a few size 20 blouses and trousers that look a little bit too tight. I am going to try on all my tight clothes every time I lose half a stone and then gradually get rid of the big ones... yayyyyy! I have boxes hidden all over the house with old clothes that dont fit, the next stage is the size 16 box in my show cupboard haha! I found it so hard to part with clothes at uni that I had grown out of. I would always say to myself I will start this diet and they will fit me in a few weeks... it just never happened. This time I am determined to get in them!

I am selling some clothes on ebay, which run out today so im hoping I can go shopping this weekend with the money for some nice work clothes. I have a £20 voucher to spend in Dorothy Perkins as well yayyy! I always find that clothes sizes in DP are hard to judge, sometimes a 20 is miles too big and other times it is too tight.

Todays diet plan is

Breakfast - special k -250
Lunch - bacon, mushroom, onion white egg omelette and muller corner = 500
dinner - gammon, egg and chips = 600
evening snack - apple and 2 oranges - 100

Hi everyone, weighed in this morning and as expected I stayed the same :sigh:. I thought this would happen as I had four days down at my parents eating out and having bbqs etc. Although I am disappointed I am glad I am monitoring my weight. I had hadn't I would have come home and eaten too much like usual and probably gained so I am happy that I have stayed the same.

Shopping trip today my clothes sold on ebay for about £70 so i have some pennies for worky things. Its scary this is my last day at home on my own before starting work, it feels like I have so much to do, cleaning, organising the spare room haha. I think im just getting nervous! It sounds bad but the main thing I am excited about is the way work will force me into sticking to diet. I have to leave the house at 7 so I will have cereal for breakfast, bring a sandwich and banana for lunch and then I will not get home until half 6. This means that most of the day i have already kept my calories low without being able to give into temptation. By the time I have cooked dinner and eaten it will prob be too late for me to cave into anything too tempting.

At the moment me and my boyfriend go for a walk in the evening but it will soon start to get too dark (we live in the middle of nowhere haa) so we will be joining the gym. He is really motivated to go out and walk etc. every night so it keeps me in check. I think he will be wanting to go and do something at the gym every night as well either swimming or gym. Hopefully this exercise will really help shift some weight but also keep me out of the house snacking.

I was watching some tv programmes about food being an addicted, I think it is so true, it is definitely a habit to get into snacking or eating portions which are too big. If someone could send me to rehab for a month for food I would love it!

Todays diary is:
Breakfast - special k - 250
lunch - bacon and lettuce sandwich - 400
dinner - sausage, mash and veg - 600
snacks - walkers baked -100 and muller corner - 200

Im so happy its the weekend, me and my boyfriend are thinking of driving to Cambridge this weekend, there is so much to see, I love it!

Have a nice weekend everyone

Hey, hope you're having a good weekend - did you go to Cambridge?

I always view a stay the same as a win because it is better than a gain! And as you said you are monitoring your weight now, which is good!

Hey no didn't go down to Cambridge, there were train line works so it would have been a coach journey instead ughhhh! Have you had a good weekend?

I went car shopping at the weekend and I am getting a new Fiesta, it will be my first newish car. All of my other cars have been more than 10 years old, so this feels like my first grown up car haha. It is a 1.4 diesel and does 70mpg, so I am looking forward to saving money on my commuting.. and the tax is only £20 a year yayyyy!

I start work tomorrow getting really nervous about it now eeekkkk!

I have been okish this weekend, I have had smaller portions and tried to stick to low cal recipes so hopefully it is a good start to my week.

good luck tomo its like first day of school with a new job. what job are you going for? i so wish i could go to work but gottawait till kiddies are both in school. one more year to go lol.

sarah xx

Sorry for the late update! My first week of work has been a bit crazy.. leaving the house at 7 and getting in at 7 ugh! By the time I get home, make dinner and tidy up I have been going straight to bed haha! Think it will take a week or two of getting used to, then I will have a bit more energy. Work has been ok, the people are really nice and the office has a lovely atmosphere but I am not that happy with the job, it isn't what I thought it would be. I have a place on a graduate scheme which is 18 months long with a promised job at the end of it. I thought I would be working while doing the graduate scheme but i am actually just shadowing people in each department, rotating every 3 months. This week has been boring as the part i am in have just told me to read the website and industry papers.. there are only so many times a website can be read haha. I will give it at least a month to see if it gets better.

Diet wise this week has been really good as I havn't had time to eat to mess up haha. Every day I have had 2 weetabix with a glass of orange juice, ham and lettuce sandwich and a banana for lunch and then a slimming world recipe dinner. I havn't been snacking in between either so def about right calorie wise each day. I did weigh myself but im not sure exactly how much weight I have lost. I brought a new set of scales last weekend, which are more accurate than my old ones. I weighed myself in boots last weekend and it came up 17 stone 2 which is a lot more than my old scales said! This is why i ended up buying some more accurate ones! The new ones weighed me at 17 stone at home with nothing on so must be right. Anyway this week I weighed in on Friday and it was 16 and a half stone.. soooo i lost half a stone this week and am only 1 pound up on what my old scales said I was. I am going to adjust my targets and start weight to meet my start weight of 17 stone 5 pounds, which is what I must of been when I started. I can't believe my old scales were out by about 9 pounds.

I hope everyone else is doing well!
So far today I have had

Breakfast - Bacon Sandwich- 450
Snack - Satsuma and biscuitx2 - 250
Lunch - quiche and lettuce -350
Planned dinner - spaghetti bolognaise - 500

This should take me just over 1500, how is everyone else doing?

Another late update, I seem to only get the chance to sit down and update at the weekend. Yesterday was weigh in day and I am down 2lbs, so 16 stone 5lb now. I am hoping to get down to 16 stone by the end of the month. Work has been going ok but the drive is getting me down, it should only take about 45 minutes, which is already a bit on the long side, but the traffic is terrible and it is taking me an hour and a half each way. My boyfriend is not very happy at work so is looking around and has seen a job advertised near where I work, so hopefully he gets it then we can move closer.

Diet wise I havn't had a chance to be too naughty and so this is what is helping the weight loss. I have started to notice little things like for the first time in ages the big towels we have actually wrap the whole way around me haha. Today I tried on a bodywarmer I had when I was about 15 stone, I havn't been able to do it up in well over a year and a half and today I could just about do it up. It looked way too tight to wear out in public though haha.

I hope everyone else is getting on well.

xx

Work sounds hectic!! Well done on your loss. & I guess it is a good thing you don't have the time to squeeze in any naughtiness ;)

I love reading your posts sophie, you sound really determined. I hope work is now better and your liking it more? I started calorie counting today for the first time and im not finding it too bad. Its suprising how much you can eat if you pick the right things. Im currently 13.10 and want to be 10 stone by my 24th next year. Your posts give me a lot of encouragement. Keep up the good work x

Back