My Diary - Thought it was about time!

Thanks Laura.

Actually feeling a bit better about myself today. Its like a cloud comes over me sometimes and then just lifts - very strange!:confused: Got a new phone last night so spent most of the night cursing it to try and get it to work - modern technology!!

Anyways got weighed last night and scales showed qtr of a pound!!OMG!! Husband said thats just like a wee?? and i did go before she came - maybe should have squeezed harder!!LOL:D
My counsellor said as you start introducing more carbs you build up your glycogen stores and will gain approx 1/2 stone. This has sent me into BLIND PANIC!! I now think i should drop back to 1000 and loose another good 1/2 stone to allow for this, what does anyone else think??

Putting pounds on is sooooo scary - what if it all goes on!!??? Is this irrational? sure someone out there can realte?:wave_cry:

Brekkie
CD choc shake
1 slice gran toast + 1 poached egg

Dinner
CD cranberry bar
1 tub low fat yog (approx 50cals)

Evening meal
1 turkey breast (with spices)
150g ( i think) of sweet potatoe
courgette and green beans
100g strawberries
1 slice melon

Spoke to nurse yesterday re baby and she said i had to leave another week and then test again so putting to back of my mind for now.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far.... i'm on half a day from work today and sun is shining!! Taking my mum shopping and getting a new top as going out with girls from work on saturday night!:party0036:

xx

well don't need to worry about the baby situation anymore for this month as TOTM arrived yesterday! actually felt sad but we will persevere!;)

Been sticking to my menus last two days as well so quite pleased with myself - except for slip up yesterday when i eat 3 - yes 3!! - Cadburys roses chocs!! I have blamed the hormonal munchies and didn't even feel hungry just shoved them in. There were a few left in a box at work so i chucked the rest out. Now in the past i probably would have carried on and eaten the rest but the little voices in my head were saying " you don't really want that so stop!"

todays plan
Brekkie - 1 gran toast + poached egg

Mid am - apple

Lunch - CD cranberry bar and weightwatchers yoghurt

Evening - Tuna (fresh) with ginger and sesame
Brown rice
cougettes and salad

1 slice melon (honeydew) and raspberries

Went shopping the other day and got a complete outfit for my night out for £25.00!! shoes, top and bracelet were on sale and jeans were from charity shop (like new) so well chuffed and top was a size 12!!!! OMG:talk017:

will try and upload a pic from saturday night if i remember!

xx

Sorry to hear your totm came Ruth but onwards and upwards honey try to keep positive it will happen! Well done on your ace shopping trip am well impressed getting all that for £25 and size 12 top woo hoo we def need to see pics!! Have a great night and well done on your maintenance journey my dear your doing brilliantly xxxx

Thanks Julie! I know husband says if i keep stressing over it it won't happen so just going to enjoy the practice!! hehe:p I'm a proper stresshead though and things always play on my mind, feel sorry for my hubby as i hate being mardy with him. Luckily he just ignores my moods - usually myself i am in a mood with!

Well i'm in work today till 4pm! all on my own and bored, bored bored!!

Todays plan looks like this

CD choc shake
museli and milk

CD Bar

Tin of ww mushroom soup (need something warming today) 81 cals
small brown roll

ww yoghurt
pear

then going out for tea tonight...... an indian.... OMG yes i know this is evil on the CD and i know i will pay. I am trying to make sensible choices and stop eating when feeling full and not carrying on. Went in April for an indian while on 810 and still lost 3lbs (think this may have been luck tho).
Will be at the gym tomorrow to try and burn off but i am not going to deny myself going out with my mates. I feel i now understand my food eating habits and know when to stip eating and knowing the difference in carrying on and just being a pig!! Eyes bigger than the belly syndrome i think?! LOL

Oh well i will update soon and weigh in on Monday so will see how i do?! Been good all week so hopefully not too bad

x

Hiya...ooh your menu's sound really good. When I was away we went for Indain which i love but one thing I did before was look up online the calories in indian dishes and it made me choose so much better. I thought i was making good choices untill i looked at the calorie content. Def worth a go hun and kept me from going mad when I got there.

Good luck xxx

well don't need to worry about the baby situation anymore for this month as TOTM arrived yesterday! actually felt sad but we will persevere!;)

xx

Sad for you Ruth, it'll be ok though.

well drank loads of water (about 4 n half litres) on saturday as going for my indian meal - had a really good night. Had chicken Sag for main, bout half a peshwari naan and some mushroom pilau.
Stopped when i felt full so quite pleased with myself.
Then went out and had a drink!! 3 vodka, lime and lemonades later, and a very dubious looking cola shot i was v.v.v.v.v poorly!! Stomach aching and yesterday i was good for nothing!!
I now remember why i don't miss alcohol.

So yesterday drank loads of water again to try and flush out the baddies.

Brekkie - museli + milk
pear

lunch - 3 ryvita with low cal jam

evening - chicken, 100g new pots, broccoli and white cabbage.
100g strawberries and ww yog

Weigh in tonight and not holding out much hope for any losses but i will know why at least.

Water, water, water again!! and going to the gym before my weigh in tonight.

fingers crossed. xx

Good luck for your W.I. tonight. I hope it goes ok for you.
xx

Glad you enjoyed your Indian meal... sorry to hear about your totm arriving too.... how gutting for you. Your DH is right thought, worrying and stressing about it definately doesn't help the situation.... all the best for your WI tonight.

Hello greeneyes

Not looking forward to tonights weigh in - feeling sick already!!

Had a really nice night on saturday but what didn't help was the fact one of the friends i was going out with just blurted out she was pregnant (only early days) and she seemed pretty miserable about it.:confused: Her other half never wanted kids so i suppose it has come as a bit of a shock. But i was just thinking if that was me i would be shouting it from the roof-tops!! I know everyone deals with this news differently but it just came at a awkward time for me.

oh well off to the gym and try and get rid of a few of those curry pounds! LOL

will update tomorrow.
xx

well got weighed on Monday night and had put on a lb :cry:- which is what i expected after Saturday night. Its not an every week occurance so i can deal with that but then had a crisis where i thought if i keep putting a pound on here and there its all going to go on!! My counsellor said that you will put on approx half a stone but its just soooooo scary when those scales go up.
I didn't know whether to go back to ss or stick with the 1000. I made the decision to stick to a 1000 plan and so far so good. Been good up to today so quite happy with myself.

Weigh in is next wednesday now as my counsellor has changed her nights. Going to try and hit the gym three times this week and drinking pleanty of water.

Todays menu looks like this.....
Brekkie: 1 poached egg + brown toast

Lunch: CD Bar + ww yoghurt

Evening: chicken (175g) cooked with spices
cous cous(40g) and courgette and broccoli
100g strawberries and 1 slice of melon

I really hope that i lose next week as i know i will feel awful if i don't. I don't feel any bigger but psycologically its a killer!!

xxx

Hi Ruth, just catching up on your diary, I have been on away on hols so bit belated but welcome to the maintenance board!:)
Try not to stress too much about the 1lb gain, the low cals on he 1000 should still enable you to lose and this is why it's called the stabilisation phase as you'll gain the carb stores weight and still lose lbs (albeit slower than lower plans) but it'll continue to work over the weeks and you'll get there before you know it. and anway I would guess the gain would almost definitely be from alcohol anyway, personally a good night on the tiles can bring 4lbs gain overnight for me which lasts for about 4-5 days, it's water gain as alcohol dehydrates and messes your water levels right up!! :rolleyes:
Be calm in the knowledge it'll settle back down and all will be fine, stick with 1000 plan as (apart from alchohol) you are doing perfectly!
Wishing you a fab day

xx

Hey sweetie - I echo Lelly's post, you can still lose on 1000, just keep your focus, and it will come off. The 7lbs gain you will be losing as your losing weight anyway, it will just be where your stores are filling up, but as you're still losing weight, it's really nothing to worry about.

Keep up the hard work and it all pays off xx

well i havn't been on here since last week. Had a good week i think. Been sticking to my 1000 plan. Went to the gym three times last week. Got weighed on Sunday on scales at the gym and said 11,9 so that was a loss from the wednesday wi. Also measured my body fat reading (which i thought would be lots LOL) but it was 24% which i should be about 20% so not too far off. Just wish i could tone this tum up - its all saggy, saggy, saggy!!:cry:

So today is going like this...
Brekkie - CD shake and 1 poached egg + toast
Mid am - CD Bar - picked at for about an hour
Lunch - quorn mince with curry flavouring, 2 slices Nimble bread (80cals total ish) low fat yoghurt.
Supper - think chicken but not quite decided how yet!

I made some quorn for my tea last night and in the book it says 275g (think havn't got my book with me) this seems a lot and i only made about 175 last night and didn't eat all that either - had it today for lunch. Is this right?? brill if it is!

Going away on Friday for a long weekend to see the in laws in Hull. Staying in a caravan near the sea so hoping for nice weather.:) Taking shakes and bars with me and as we are in a caravan i can make what we want to eat. Having a BBQ on saturday night but plan on being sensible.

Going to the gym tomorrow night.

xx

I've Done It!!!

Well i've done it!! Got to target last night - 11stone n 3 lbs!! Get in!!!!:)

So chuffed with myself and feel so proud i have done this amazing thing! It really was the BEST decision i have ever made and would reccomend this to anyone who has struggled for years like i did. I know its not for everyone but if you can give it a go i'm sure you will luuurrrvvee the results!!

This website has been great for tips and motivation stories.

Now for the difficult part in moving up the steps.... think i am going to stay on 810 for another couple of weeks as my CD is going on holiday and then will start moving up to 1000cal. Wish me luck
xx

well done on getting to goal hun and good luck with moving up the steps! I cant wait to be in the same boat!!! :D
xx

Back