My eating out tips!

Serena88

So I've just started SW doing EE and as I eat out a lot socially I thought I'd share a few ideas I had for what to eat where -

Nandos - I would get either half a chicken, remove the skin and a side salad with added grilled pineapple for a free meal or I'd get a quarter chicken, skin removed, with a side of spicy rice and grilled pineapple for a total of 2.5 syns. Both with all you can drink diet coke would be very filling!

Weatherspoons - I would get the mixed grill with a plain jacket and plain salad, I would also ask if I could swap the sausage for extra chicken (I've done this a few times and they don't mind). I would count about 5 syns just to cover myself for any oil used in cooking!

Carvery -
These are great options for SW members as you can have as much meat, veg and new potatoes as you like then syn for any gravy you have! Crown Carveries are amazing as they are only 3.79!!!!

Chinese buffets -

Again I'm only going off what I would do but I'd pile my plate high with vegetables, soft noodles and boiled rice, topping of with meat that isn't fried from dishes like beef blackbean, chicken mushroom, prawn chop suey or anything in oyster sauce, generally avoiding sweet and sour! I'd count about 5 syns again to cover for cooking methods but I think that's good for a trip to a buffet!

Subway - as far as I can gather all the salad bowls with meat are free and you would only have to syn sauce! My fav is the subway club salad bowl (beef, turkey and ham) with southwest sauce for 4 syns or honey mustard for 2 syns!

Frankie and Bennies -

I would have the penne aribiata (sorry if that's spelt wrong) with grilled chicken and no olives. All the ingredients seem to he free but again I'd count maybe 3 syns to cover myself!

That's all I can think of right now but I'll post anything else I discover, keep up the good work everyone!

Very useful thanks. Any ideas on pizza hut, I m thinking salad only lol

Serena88 said:
Weatherspoons - I would get the mixed grill with a plain jacket and plain salad, I would also ask if I could swap the sausage for extra chicken (I've done this a few times and they don't mind). I would count about 5 syns just to cover myself for any oil used in cooking!

This is much higher, syns online counts 41 for the mixed grill, potato and dressed side salad. It is all cheap fatty cuts of meat so even if you swap the sausage for the chicken and have the salad plain this doesn't account for 31syns! The oil alone would be around 5, remember only lean meat is free

If you are doing EE, your best bets at Wetherspoons are the five bean chilli with rice (6 syns if you eat the nacho chips! Avoid the sour cream though) or the sweet chilli noodles which are 1 syn. However the noodles leap up to 10 syns if you take the option of having chicken with them so best to have them plain.

hey
wetherspoons mixed grill is 59 syns my consultant told me last week!

fennerxo said:
hey
wetherspoons mixed grill is 59 syns my consultant told me last week!

That would be with chips tho I imagine-as someone posted above, syns online puts it at 41 with potato instead

We were told in group by a member that had a friend working in Weatherspoons jacket potato is not a healthy choice as they get them in baked and then DEEP FRY!!! Them so would be very calorific !

We were told in group by a member that had a friend working in Weatherspoons jacket potato is not a healthy choice as they get them in baked and then DEEP FRY!!! Them so would be very calorific !

Ive heard this too howeve I'm nt a fan of wether spoons anyway as th food is dog sh!t lol xxx

I agree everything is Platicised so never go there! But I thought fellow slimming worlders needed to know this as many it seems go to wheatherspoon

Wetherspoons DO NOT deep fry their jacket potatoes! This rumour rears its ugly head every so often-SW have had confirmation from them that it's not true!!

For Nandos you would have to syn the pineapple as it has been cooked.
The butterfly chicken is only 3.5 syns with the skin on, which is way better in my opinion :)
they now allow a side salad as a regular side which is superfree, and corn on the cob would be free.
Halloumi is also on 3 syns per portion :)

At Wetherspoons I tend to go for the 5 bean chilli as its syn free if you dont eat the tortilla chips!
Or the piri piri chicken skewers with rice is only a couple of syns, depending on how much sauce you use.

If you're still having losses despite not counting syns correctly then go for it, but remember some people may be affected more easily :) x

Back