My Exante Diary - here goes!

kb3182

Hi all, I'm very new to posting on forums but hoping to get some support on this journey, and maybe offer some to others along the way!

Typical emotional eater, I've tried the usual WW & SW diets with no success, I always fell off the bandwagon after a few weeks. I always seemed to fall down when the weight loss slowed, and I found it so difficult to properly plan meals due to a demanding job which doesn't leave me with much time for cooking in the evenings. Hopefully with having pre-prepared meals it will help me, I read the reviews and thought I would give Exante a try, so here goes my day 1 diary.

Breakfast - strawberry shake. I added a couple of ice cubes as I read that it helps with the creaminess. Was okay, but there was a strange underlying taste, nearly like I could taste the powder? Maybe it's the protein?
Lunch - toffee caramel shake. Oh goodness, I couldn't stomach it at all. It was sickly and again the protein taste was overpowering. Won't be in a rush to try again, but maybe I just need time to get used to the taste. Tried a bar with it (don't know how I thought this would help), double chocolate, surprisingly not bad! Have nibbled at this during the day, put half of it away to finish tomorrow.
Dinner - sweet and sour noodles. I was unsure about this as I read some bad reviews about the taste. When I smelt in the microwave my stomach turned, and I was about to give up there and then and order a takeaway! They actually tasted okay though and would have again, I don't expect any of the meals to be mindblowing as it is packet food after all.

The meals are surprisingly filling, I did notice I was counting down the time until I could have my dinner though. DH works away from home so this definitely helps that I don't have to watch him eating. Have been drinking away at water and had 2 black coffees (I'm a cappuccino girl so again will take time), but already have a headache?

Sorry for the overload of information, but I'm keen to hear from others on the taste and if you found this at the start too?

Hi,

I am with you on the supporting each other as it can be a real slog. Stick with it the first week is the worst. When you start to see results you will be more driven to succeed - that's how i am looking at things anyway!! I am just back on plan, where i live makes it hard to receive the packages, so i either have to order them when i am in the UK or get someone to send them to me as the packages sent by exante always get returned and never make it.

I like the shakes, I add ice too. I am not a big fan of the smoothies though, i don't think they mix as well. As for the meals I pretty much avoid them all, I'm not a fan. I do like the porridge though. I like the bars, not so much the fruity ones, but the Toffee Caramel and Chocolate Orange are my favourites! I either have a shake or bar for breakfast and lunch and then porridge at night.

Make sure you are drinking loads of water that helps keep me feeling full.

I am just trying to keep myself busy, to try and take my mind off of wanting to eat. I find it easier during he week when i am at work and a lot tougher at the weekends.

Good luck, you will be fine, just stick with it!! Look forward to seeing your progress.

Laura

Hi Laura

Thanks for the support! Its definitely gotten easier, I picked the wrong flavours on day 1, thankfully since then I've enjoyed nearly everything! Tried the butternut squash soup last night and had the Indian curry, loved them both. Thought I wouldn't like the vanilla shake but gave it a go and loved it!

How are you getting on this week?

K

Hello - All good with me.

I have so much energy and the headaches are gone. The first bit of getting on Exante can be tough for me - but i'm in the zone! Glad its getting easier for you too.

When are you weighing in to see what you have lost? It's really encouraging when you see the results you are getting and it will help you to stick with it!

Have a great day!

Laura

Hi Laura

Day 8 now, weighed in this morning and 8lbs down! I know it's water weight in week 1 but such a great feeling, 2 inches off my waist is definitely a motivator! When is your weigh in, how many days are you in?

Headaches gone thank goodness, I thought it was going to be really hard at work - I'm in an open plan office and there's constantly sweets on the go and lunches out in town, but I've kept my head down and tried to avoid the temptation.

Ordered more savoury foods this week including the slender sip and the lemon cheesecake shake. I quite like the routine of shake, bar then meal for dinner, had the shake today for lunch as I keep all my bars in the office, I get the lemon taste but maybe not my preference, am loving vanilla! Have you tried the slender sips? I only started them today but I think I notice a difference, no hunger whereas day 6 I didn't think I would make it

Happy weekend!

Kerry

Hi Kerry, well done losing 8lbs. Brilliant!

Hi Laura

Day 8 now, weighed in this morning and 8lbs down! I know it's water weight in week 1 but such a great feeling, 2 inches off my waist is definitely a motivator! When is your weigh in, how many days are you in?

Headaches gone thank goodness, I thought it was going to be really hard at work - I'm in an open plan office and there's constantly sweets on the go and lunches out in town, but I've kept my head down and tried to avoid the temptation.

Ordered more savoury foods this week including the slender sip and the lemon cheesecake shake. I quite like the routine of shake, bar then meal for dinner, had the shake today for lunch as I keep all my bars in the office, I get the lemon taste but maybe not my preference, am loving vanilla! Have you tried the slender sips? I only started them today but I think I notice a difference, no hunger whereas day 6 I didn't think I would make it

Happy weekend!

Kerry

That’s brilliant! Well done on the 8lbs and the 2 inches! I’m on day 8 too & feel like I’m in the zone now, here’s to great losses for both of us next week! X

Today has turned out to be a massive test of willpower. We took the dog for a walk and stopped at some relatives, all tasty things were offered but I stuck to water. I didn't mention the diet because I didn't want the whole 'one bit won't hurt', so they probably think I'm really odd! Rushing home to get dinner, I might try the spag bol, I've heard some bad reviews but I love the Indian curry and it doesn't seem to be popular, so who knows!

Does anyone have any dinner type meals they prefer?

Today has turned out to be a massive test of willpower. We took the dog for a walk and stopped at some relatives, all tasty things were offered but I stuck to water. I didn't mention the diet because I didn't want the whole 'one bit won't hurt', so they probably think I'm really odd! Rushing home to get dinner, I might try the spag bol, I've heard some bad reviews but I love the Indian curry and it doesn't seem to be popular, so who knows!

Does anyone have any dinner type meals they prefer?

Well done for sticking with it and staying strong! That’s a massive achievement!

Haven’t tried any of the meals so I can’t help but hope you enjoyed the spag bol! X

Spag bol was good! Tried the carbonara today, no no no, it went down the sink unfortunately and I had shepherds pie for the first time instead which wasn't much better. Really struggling with hunger today, how is everyone?x

Spag bol was good! Tried the carbonara today, no no no, it went down the sink unfortunately and I had shepherds pie for the first time instead which wasn't much better. Really struggling with hunger today, how is everyone?x

Well at least the spag bol was good! It’s rubbish when you are hungry, hopefully that will have gone off today. Doing ok today, struggled a bit yesterday but just think I didn’t keep myself busy enough! It seems to make a massive difference to me so I’ll be keeping busy today! X

Hi guys, week 2 weigh in and lost another 3lbs, so total 11lbs in 2 weeks! I'm not going to lie, I did hope it would be more, my scales keep teetering towards another pound less, but oh well. I knew week 2 is usually hard, I just have to keep going. Have been 100% to plan, although I haven't exercised at all from working late all week, so maybe I need to crank this up this week.

Hope everyone is still enjoying the plan, have a good weekend! Going to my nephews birthday party, have to try to resist a BBQ and cake now!!

Hi guys, week 2 weigh in and lost another 3lbs, so total 11lbs in 2 weeks! I'm not going to lie, I did hope it would be more, my scales keep teetering towards another pound less, but oh well. I knew week 2 is usually hard, I just have to keep going. Have been 100% to plan, although I haven't exercised at all from working late all week, so maybe I need to crank this up this week.

Hope everyone is still enjoying the plan, have a good weekend! Going to my nephews birthday party, have to try to resist a BBQ and cake now!!

Well done, that’s brilliant! I’m planning on upping the exercise next week too so it’ll be interesting to see if it makes a difference! X

Hi all, I'm very new to posting on forums but hoping to get some support on this journey, and maybe offer some to others along the way!

Typical emotional eater, I've tried the usual WW & SW diets with no success, I always fell off the bandwagon after a few weeks. I always seemed to fall down when the weight loss slowed, and I found it so difficult to properly plan meals due to a demanding job which doesn't leave me with much time for cooking in the evenings. Hopefully with having pre-prepared meals it will help me, I read the reviews and thought I would give Exante a try, so here goes my day 1 diary.

Breakfast - strawberry shake. I added a couple of ice cubes as I read that it helps with the creaminess. Was okay, but there was a strange underlying taste, nearly like I could taste the powder? Maybe it's the protein?
Lunch - toffee caramel shake. Oh goodness, I couldn't stomach it at all. It was sickly and again the protein taste was overpowering. Won't be in a rush to try again, but maybe I just need time to get used to the taste. Tried a bar with it (don't know how I thought this would help), double chocolate, surprisingly not bad! Have nibbled at this during the day, put half of it away to finish tomorrow.
Dinner - sweet and sour noodles. I was unsure about this as I read some bad reviews about the taste. When I smelt in the microwave my stomach turned, and I was about to give up there and then and order a takeaway! They actually tasted okay though and would have again, I don't expect any of the meals to be mindblowing as it is packet food after all.

The meals are surprisingly filling, I did notice I was counting down the time until I could have my dinner though. DH works away from home so this definitely helps that I don't have to watch him eating. Have been drinking away at water and had 2 black coffees (I'm a cappuccino girl so again will take time), but already have a headache?

Sorry for the overload of information, but I'm keen to hear from others on the taste and if you found this at the start too?
Well done you! I’m on day 11 of exante and the shakes deffo take some getting used to. I quickly got bored of the meals in the pack so ordered some different ones- the chicken fajita one is good! And the pasta carbonara and spaghetti bolognese. They aren’t like real pasta, more like a mushy consistency but they’re good 😊 xx

So week 3 weigh in, and I lost another 3 lbs so 1 stone off in 3 weeks! I'm so happy, I think more because I've been able to stick to it - not having to spend so much time preparing healthy meals and look up the nutrition, it's all there. So I was SO excited to start food week, this morning I had the lemon pancakes for the first time (rubbery and a tiny bit gritty from the vitamins but still loved them) along with an omelette with egg, tomatoes, broccoli and ham - I was stuffed and couldn't finish it! I hadn't planned for not being able to stuff my face lol!

Going to do little and often for food week, so I'm going to have a tin of tuna as a treat at work when I get that hungry moment. Also a little NSV - my jeans are looser, and I wore a size 14 top on Friday that wouldn't have fit this time three weeks ago!

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great weekend :) x

Hi all, hope you're having a good week! Finding food week difficult, I've been quite good in snacking on food to make up my 200 cals and 10g carbs, but I'm hungrier? I also got my period this week so I'm generally feeling bleugh. Have had a pounding headache towards the end of the work day and just feel exhausted, but I can't tell if it's being stressed at work, time of the month or the diet! Has anyone else come across this?

Official weigh in on Sat but have only lost 1 lb this week so far, has anyone noticed the same pattern on food week or time of month?x

Hi, I'm not sure if you are meant to or not but I understand what you mean about the shakes..... So what I have been doing is adding 250 mps of water and drinking it through a straw. I'm only on day 2. Good luck.

Back