My Exante journey

I’ve been on Exante total source for 5 and a half weeks now and am so proud of how I’m doing. I have set an interim goal weight as to get out of obese category seemed huge, let alone dreaming of not being overweight!

I started the journey with one of my friends, who was really motivated but has started cheating for her own reasons. But this is my journey and I really want to keep on it.

I’m really apprehensive about a night out with my partners friends wives... thankfully it falls on food week but I’ve looked at the menu and I can’t find an easy low carb option :( seriously, a pub without any salads! I decided to drive, as know that drinking on Exante/in ketosis can be risky... I’m not sure what to do, as really don’t want to eat the wrong things when I’ve made so much progress, and I keep being grumpy and thinking I don’t even want to go that much. If it was my normal crowd of friends, I would be able to enjoy it even if just drinking water 😂 plus they all know and support me anyway!

Ok, next weigh in is Monday - I’m still weighing daily as it bizarrely motivates me, even though it seems a slow week (1lb so far). I seem to be struggling with constipation this week, ended up taking a tablet but not sure how much it’s helped, or if there is genuinely not much waste product... I tried physium (sp?) husks a couple of weeks ago, but that seemed to just add to the problem, even though I slowly introduced them... and I drink at least 3 litres, so not sure what else I can do 🤔

E

Wow! You're doing really well! Nights out are difficult aren't they! I find that I manage my choosing protein and veg meals and eating small portions. I take a doggy bag along and my staffy does rather well.

Thank you 😊
I know, and obviously it’s the festive season so there are lots of festive meals planned... I love food, but I love fitting into smaller clothes also 😉
That was my plan, protein and veg, but it really looks like a limited low carb choice... main meals are literally choice of burgers, beer battered cod, scampi, salmon and crab fish cakes, pie or sausage and mash

Any ideas what you’d go for? 😬 you’d think they’d be a steak choice! Fingers crossed there is a specials board on the night!

Wow!! That is a fantastic loss in such a short time 😀

The meal out is tricky......but I think my choice would be the fish cakes 😊

I'd personally go for the burger and give the bun to someone else... Stick to the meat and ask them if they really dont have any lettuce lying around in the kitchen to replace the chips. I found that many places can be quite accommodating like that even if its not on the menu...m

I’d be tempted to just have whatever you fancy and make a commitment to get back on TS the day after. Whilst it will feel like cheating, at least you can choose a meal you will actually enjoy and the whole thing will be less stressful.

Congratulations on your fab loss so far xxx

Or what Donut says

Back