My Extra Easy Journey.....I hope :-)

catty_1976

Hi everyone,

I joined SW again on Monday.....well strictly speaking Ive been a member since January but havent been able to get there so this week was me getting serious about it again. Ive lost time of the amount of times Ive started a diet but this time I want it to be the last.
Im slimming because Im 4 stone over weight (although Im using small goals to get it all off) Ive fooled myself that Im not really but reality has hit and I need to do this now. I have my holiday in June and graduation in July and I want to have photos of me that I dare show people!!
Anyway thats why Im here and Im hoping that posting my diary might help me to focus more :D

So here goes, days 1 & 2 were good but I will start today with 3

B - Alpen light bar and a fat free yoghurt
L - smll tin of veg ravioli (1syn), fat free yoghurt, banana
D - Chilli and Rice
Snacks - Alpen light bar
HEA - skimmed milk
HEB - Alpen light bar x 2

Lets hope I can keep my face out of the fridge for the rest of the evening lol!!

Catherine xx

Hi Catty, welcome to the club
I too have around 4 stone to lose, and I'm pleased to say that it's coming off - OK, a few hiccups, but, this is for life, not just until I reach target weight.
You'll find a friendly, helpful bunch on here.

Good luck, wishing you every sucess.
Deb

Hi Deb,

thanks for the message and well done on your loss so far :) My problem is im so easily tempted!! I have no willpower and around day 7-10 I give in, even after a good weightloss :-\
I already love this site as I read a thread about 1 syn lager lol!! Im enjoying this week, long may it carry on :)

Good luck to you

Catherine xx

Thanks, a slow loss, even at a lb a week is still 3.5 stone a year !!!

Are you following just the extra easy plan ?
Yeah, I'm a beer drinker myself......Haven't tried the 1syn stuff yet, but I can generally manage without at home, but I do go down the pub. We used to go twice sometimes 3 times a week, but with the price rising, and me being careful, OH is quite happy to make it just once a week - bless him,mind, he drives and I do the drinking !!

So, what is it that makes you lose your resolve...chocolate, sweets, or savoury stuff like crisps and toast?
Is it the grub, or boredom, sometimes it's just habit?? If you know what your danger moments are, you may be able to find a way around them.....hope so, 'cos once that's sorted, you'll find it a doddle...

Take care
Deb

Hi,

Everything makes me lose my grip lol I don't have a favourite, I love sweet savoury alcohol.....the lot!! And I'm never full :-( ive just bought the 1 syn lager but I'm dubious about it so have saved enough syns to cover it lol.

Xx

How was the lager? Was it the crown one?
If you're a picker, how about getting in or making some low syn treats?
I make a fruit salad, heard about freezing mullerlight, needs stirring but is similar to icecream, or freezing grapes and eating them like boiled sweets. A warmed alpen light is nice too.
Had a couple of cakes at WI last few weeks, one is the 1/2 syn roulade, recipe on the forum, but the baking powder isn't necessary, so if you leave it out it's syn free, there are plenty of ideas on here.
If I'm feeling likely to pick, I do a crossstitch or decide to make some soup from scratch, or have a leisurly bath.

Hope you find something that works
Deb

Hi there

The lager was ok! I can see how it's low calorie it was quite bitter but for 1 syn I can cope :) my friend had just brought a piece of coca cola cake she made me.....I felt awful and ungrateful lol so I ate it!! If the 1 syn thing is right then I will be ok as won't have used many syns so fingers crossed lol.

It's wi tomorrow, I must remember to keep coming and updating my diary I'm sure I will as I get more into this. How's your weekend been?

Cat x

Day 6

So far has been ok, have had a couple of temptations, one I couldn't say no to, home made coca cola cake that my friend had made and gone to the trouble of bringing to a party for me so I felt obliged to eat it :-/ it was lovely tho lol. So today so far ....
B - alpen light and muller
L - roast pork dinner with veg gravy and crackling :-/
D - choc cake!! Muller, packet of chicken breast, alpine light

He a - 350ml sk milk
He b - 2 x alpine light

Not sure if syns yet will work out and post later.

WI tomorrow!

Catherine xx

Hi Ho, hope you enjoyed the cake.... It's so difficult sometimes, especially when in yr heart you don't want it, but, you really can't refuse.... it's a horrible feeling.
Hate to say this.......... your crackling (oh I just adore it) is 7.5 per oz once cooked...Arghhhh

My weekend has been OK ta, went out Friday down the pub... 5pints, so 50 syns, I'll be careful all week, so hoping it's OK, must admit, my biggest danger is the beer, I can fill myself up on free food, and manage on a few syns a day... I was going out Wed and Fri, but week before last , even within syns I put on, but it's WI Thurs, so I guess I shouldn't drink Weds anymore :-(
Luckily OH is fine with only going out once a week, especially as it's so darned expensive these days.

What time is WI? fingers crossed all OK
Deb

Hi Deb,

I lost 4lb!!! And then I went straight to the chippy and pressed the self destruct button lol!! Well I'm going to syn it and be extra good all week, will just drink on Saturday (she says now on monday!!) I also had a new sw choc bar, it was ok but not the double chocolate delight it promised to be lol.....oh and 3 small packets of maoam sweets!! I'm hanging my head in shame :-S

My problem is motivation I can already feel it slipping and it's still only a week!! I think the 1 syn lager could turn out to be a mistake too from what people have posted on here, it looks like sainsburys could be giving out incorrect nut info, I've got everything crossed that they aren't!! I can't afford for it to be more than 1 this week lol!!

I hope your weeks started well, let me know how you get on on Thursday :-D

Catherine xx

Well Ive woken full of cold this morning but Im not going to be put off, im determined to be 100% today to make up for my blip last night! Ive synned everything I ate so will just have to be extra good this week :) The plan is too have:

B - alpen light and banana
L - mug shot, banana and activia yoghurt

Not sure after that just yet!

Bye for now
Cat xx

Excellent - 4lbs is great, and actually, many people 'celebrate' after WI, and decide it's OK as long as they start fresh in the morning, others don't, it's really an individual thing, so don't look at it as totally, totally bad....especially if most of what you've had still fits into your weekly allowance...i.e. the weeks syns finish when you go to bed that night after WI.....so you may have some left anyway (or maybe not after your friends cake lol).

Drinking on a Sat will give you a bit of leeway, and better still if you can save some syns over the week for it, not just nick Sat/Sun/Mon syns....

Are you eating enough? I know it seems odd that you can eat loads and still lose weight, in fact, often if you don't eat enough not only will you not lose, but you will feel so deprived that you'll just toss it anyway.

Mind, all of this is easy to say, but not always so easy to put in practice!!
This last 2 weeks I've followed mainly green, with a couple of EE thrown in - fingers crossed I'll hve another loss this week,
I'm also doing the Easter sit-up challenge, week 1 25 situps am and 25 pm, last week did 30 per session, and this week I've upped it to 35....I'm really, really trying hard here, but I really have to push myself.

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly today :-( how about if you have time, make yourself a big pan of comforting vegetable soup, add some pulses too if you have any, filling and warming.
I remember when I was a kid, whenever I felt ill my Mum would always do me oxtail soup with a big blob of mashed potato in it - i always felt better... I've just looked it up, a tin of Heinz oxtail is 8 syns

Anyway, just noticed how much I've gone on - so, again, well done with your 4lb loss - hope you feel better, have a good week, I'm here if you wanna chat

Take care
Deb

Hi deb,
Thanks for the advice :) you could be right about the eating a I've been really hungry today. I think this is just my weak time, after 1st wi I always lose sight of my goal, I've Been ok today, I didn't plan on having any sins but I was craving chocolate and had a sw bar, had already had an alpine light so can't have as a B :-/ never mind onwards and upwards lol!!

I just can't be bothered today I want to order a takeaway for tea and fall asleep on the sofa.....but I won't, gammon peas and potatoes it is :)

Hope your doing ok xx

Catherine :)

I generally stick to red or green days, that way, you get 2 HEA & 2 HEB, was the SW bar you had the new chocolate one? any good?
How about if you've only had the one Alpen light, syn that @ 3, and count the HIFI as yr HEB, that saves you 3 syns, for either something else or you can still have the other alpen later

You had a great loss this week, please stay firm... you'll be so happy once you're settled and down to target, mind you, there's loads of people on here that are far more qualified than me, I've only been doing it myself since January.
I do know though, that you really need to be ready to make the changes, the advantage with this plan is that once you've got it worked out, it's something that you can live with, and fit into life, some other plans make such different demands you'll lose weight, stop, and put it all on again, and it's so 'normal' in fact, only my OH knows that I'm following this, no-one else at all, work, friends or family.

Don't want to be a pain, but, along with not eating enough, are you getting your 1/3rd superfree ?

When I'm feeling picky, especially chocolate, I tend to try and compare it... eg, I have a tin of quality street unopened, but I know that just 5 little tiny sweets, that really are not going to fulfil any sort of chocolate craving are 10 syns....10 for 5 sweets, that to me is not justifiable.... I can have a pint of Fosters in the pub on Friday for that same 10 syns, and will enjoy far more... so I still have the tin unopened!!

Enjoy your gammon, think I'm going to have an omlette & 'chips' tonight.

Take care... and be firm :)

Debx

Last edited:
Hi Catty

4lbs is an amazing loss, well done you!

My WI is Monday night and I always have a blow out on a Monday after I''ve been weighed. I eat/drink whatever I want and start again on a Tuesday morning. I really don't think anyone can be 100% 7 days a week all the time!

If I fancy some chocolate I have a curly wurly, at 6 syns they are quite high but if you put them in the fridge they take longer to chew! If I'm just hungry in general I just eat some ham or chicken - in fact I've eaten two packs of ham today - now I wonder I'm not that hungry for my tea!!!

Have a look on here for some receipes or go other peoples food diaries for some inspiration for snacks - you'll find some for sure.

Keep going honey, onwards and downwards! ;)

x

Back