My First, and hopefully LAST weight loss diary.

Hi All :welcome:

I've recently just joined Slimming World (Again...) and thought this time i'd write a diary as I go. This is the second time i've done SW, althought the first one was a complete half-hearted attempt. I think i lasted about 4 weeks, and lost a grand total of, wait for it.... 2lb. I know, I know, heroic attempt. Anyway, that was around 2 years ago, and have not only put the 2lb back on, but probably added about 2stone to keep it company. Thats an extra 2 stone on top of 2stone I shouldn't have had in the first place. Oops. :rolleyes:.

Anyway, moving swiftly on. This time, something has changed. I actually want it. I mean seriously want it. Enough to make me not eat Chocolate or full fat coke, so pretty seriously want it. I'm not sure i had a "turning point", but I am fed up of buying bigger and bigger clothes (even my bank balance should thank me at the end of this!) and seriously fed up of eagerly awaiting pictures of nights out to be posted on facebook only to see I have had some sort of allergic reaction and swollen to 3 times my size in all the photos... :whistle:.

So, back to Slimming World it is. I need to go somewhere where i'm weighed weekly, its the only think that will keep me on track. So off i trotted (Sis-in-law with baby weight to lose in tow), paid my sign up, hopped on the scales and ouch. I could not believe I weighed that much. That weight that has crept on over the last couple of years bought a family to lodge in with it.

Anyway, since then i've lost 1lb, 2lb and 2lb again last night. So, another 2lb next week and a half stone award for me :fingerscrossed:. I really want to loose 2 stone by my holiday in June - I would love to wear a bikini and not worry about causing a minor tsunami when I get in the pool. then hopefully another 2 Stone by 2014. I think I am going to have to accept that my body is just one of those that looses weight gradually, even though I would love to see some 4/5lb losses, I Have to be realistic in the fact that may not happen. I think thats what made me give up last time.

So, onwards and upwards (or downwards on the scales!). Oh also, Hubby has said if i loose 2 stone by the end of August this year, we can go to Vegas again... so... it has to be done!

PS... I miss chocolate.

OK - I went to get petrol today. Massive queue to pay. Why on earth do they make you queue next to the creme eggs, Malteser bunnys, caramel eggs... and all the other easter goodies! so unfair. BUT... i resisted and had a hi-fi bar instead to kick my chocolate craving. Self hi-5 moment!

Losing weight sometimes seems like such a one-sided journey. You gain it so fast but lose it so slowly. It can be frustrating - because we're all going to have disappointing losses, no losses at all, or even gains - and those moments are the pones where we can so easily give up. Just remember that there are so many people who are in the same situation - the only difference between the ones that succeed and the ones that don't are what they do in response to the situation. We all have the same slimming w3orld book - it's what we do with it day to day that counts. Joining a club, especially for a second time, is really brave and I think that says an awful lot about you. I wish you every success and will check back to see how you're getting on. When it's a bad day, just come on here and realise that lots of people will support you!

Hi All

Just realised I hadn't posted in a few days :ashamed0005:. I've got the week off work, so not been sat at a computer all day, so not really had the chance as yet. Also, thanks to replies so far!!

So, Weigh-in yesterday, another 1.5lb lost, takes me to a total loss of 6.5lbs. Half a stinking pound away from my half stone award. I want that sticker!! although I was happy with the 1.5lb loss, I was pretty peeved that the scales couldn't have gone that extra .5 lower. :banghead:. Ah well, it will be mine next week.

Made a bit of a mistake this week, i've been merrily drinking cappuccinos (made from the nestle sachets) thinking they would be low in syn value (if having a syn value at all) as they are only coffee and powdered milk right?! WRONG. 3.5 syns each. so my 3 a day habit have been costing me just over 10 syns a day that I hadn't even considered. Lesson learnt, check syn values BEFORE assuming. So, new rule, one a day, but only if my syn count allows it.

I've also finaly made the leap to using sweetners in my tea now, so my cups of tea are now completely free!! :party0019: . I've been realy craving the bad foods this week though... not good. I haven't caved though, so hopefully that's a good sign!

Also, really upped the excersise this week, have walked around 17km in 3 days with the dog, and swam 40 lengths this week. Something which a month ago would have me lay on the sofa for a week after recovering. This time, the dog was more tired than me!

Before next weigh-in I have got a meal out with a friend, trip to see the X-Factor tour (screams fast food!) and a meal at my moms to get through. The X-Factor should be OK, as can choose to have a jacket potato with baked beans from one of their outlets, so that will be pretty much free (plus the mission of the walk from the car parks won't be a bad thing). The meal with the friend may be difficult, she is stick thin, but eats all the wrong things, so not fair! I will have to be strong and avoid the puddings, then at least i can syn the meal. My mom's meal is the difficult one, as there is no choice in the matter as her partner does all the cooking, I will have to have what i'm given. She knows i'm on this weigh-loss thing, and is really supportive, so hopefully she will try to do something healthy. Fingers Crossed.

So, onwards and upwards, never got to half a stone loss the first time I did SW, so really, really want it next week. I can do this.

Weigh in this week... another 2lb lost.... finally got that half stone sticker!! really, really wanted that sticker. I think it's because when I did slimming world last time I didn't even last long enough to get one sticker, so its a milestone for me. :D.

Also, I checked out my graph on the SW website, and by my predicted progress, I should hit target by the end of Sept this year. Thats my new aim.

So, a target of another 2lb next week... and only Valentines and a meal out to contend with.... fingers crossed.

Also, think I may go on a midnight mission to rid the petrol stations of all the chocolate, so I'm no longer tempted when queing to pay. Mr Morrisons, I know your game. You will be thwarted. But until then, I will continue to use self service, so I don't have to put up with all the creme eggs begging me to take them home and eat. The lengths i'll go to to avoid chocolate.....

I felt the same today as you did last week, need 2.5lb to get my half stone and lost 2. Typical isn't it.

Creme eggs are plaguing me too. I don't even particularly like them but i'm sure they are following me round

Its always the way with me - but if anything it actually pushed em to work even harder this week to get that award. Its a good feeling though when you do get it!

Creme Eggs are my weakness. Usually this time of year I would eat 2-3 a day! And I wonder why I put on weight huh?! This year, only had 1, and that was about 3 weeks ago. Don't even want to know the syn value!

So, a quick update -

Got a meal at my moms tonight (whilst she kindly colours my hair! I may be bigger than I want to be, but will NOT have dark roots!). She does know i'm slimming (Hate the Diet word!), so really hoping that whatever they cook is relativly low in syns. Planning to have a pretty much syn free day, just in case! Although someone just made me a cup of tea at work and used a sugar not a sweetner. Oops.

So for me, its a day of fruit (Strawberries, Kiwis, Bananas), Mugshot for lunch, 2x Hifi light (HEB), Milk for cups of tea (HEA). And 2 Muller light (which I'm so happy are syn free! I love the vanilla with dark chocolate sprinkles, makes me feel like i'm having a treat! So hopefully this will leave enough syns to cover tonight, poss with some left over (which i'll save for my night out on saturday!).

Need to try to find some time to add in some excersise this week too...

Its always the way with me - but if anything it actually pushed em to work even harder this week to get that award. Its a good feeling though when you do get it!

Creme Eggs are my weakness. Usually this time of year I would eat 2-3 a day! And I wonder why I put on weight huh?! This year, only had 1, and that was about 3 weeks ago. Don't even want to know the syn value!

I had one the other day but didn't particularly enjoy it. Caramel eggs are my weakness, not even looked for them this year, trying to give them a wide berth.

So, Weigh in night tonight, And for the first time, i'm actually quite nervous. I have no idea how I have got on, or even whether it will be a loss or gain. I think I have done ok, but then keep remembering things that I shouldn't have eaten! Either way, back on it today. Think thats actually one of the biggest hurdles, when you do have an "off" day, to make yourself get straight back on it the next day. Instead of having that off day, turn into an off month.

Filling up on fruit today, and no syns until after weigh-in! which is helped byt the fact my cupboards/fridge is bare, so couldn't pig out if i wanted too.

Send me some good-scales-karma!:scale:

Another 2lb lost last night - which I am really pleased with! Honestly thought I was going to struggle to loose anything. So a happy day today. Seem to loose 2lb per week, so have set myself a little challenge to beat that next week. Even if its half a pound over! Luckily have quite an easy week ahead food-wise, and got more time to exercise this week, so here goes.

only 3.5lb to go to the stone. then just another 4 times that to loose haha!

Hope everyone has a good week!

So - only half a pound loss this week. Although, With what i've been eating, thats fari enough. Only 3lb to go to that stone award, so thats my target for next week. Going to have a week completely on plan. Except that peice of lemon cake i've just eaten. Lemon is fruit right?!:busted: Seriously, i'm forgetting the Lemon cake happened, and being tough this week. I really want that stone!

I don't know if it helps, but I am going to make a conscious effort to drink a lot more this week (Water and sugar free squash). I barely drink anything usually, and I heard something a while back about drinking a glass of water each time you think you are hungry, as a lot of the time you are actually thirsty instead. going to give it a go anyway. If not, the increased activity having to go to the loo should earn me some body magic points eh?!

On a side note - I bought Josie Gibson's 30 second slim DVD last week, and gave it a go saturday. Each workout is only 20mins, which is great for me as I seem to have a short attention span. Its hard (but not impossible) work, and very easy to keep up with. I have no co-ordination, so find these long aerobic DVDs hard to grasp. My legs have hurt for 3 days after doing it, so it definately works! Going to do it again tomorrow, and hope I dont hurt for as long after this time. :character00115:

Hope everyone has a good week!

Hi Hayles,

Im a newbie member to this site, although I have been stalking a few profiles for a while for some motivation but took the jump today to actually sign up and start a diary of my own! Just saw that you have brought Josies DVD - I have too and I love it, although I find the floor work outs the hardest! Was just going to say, I don't know if you have twitter? But I signed up just to follow Josie and she is always tweeting new pictures of her self, it is so motivating as I am a similar weight to what she started at and just goes to prove it can be done!!
Well done on your loss so far x

Hi Bim88o - thanks for stopping by!

Yeh, I really like the DVD - love the fact each workout is only 20mins. Literally have the attention span of a goldfish, so great for me. I've only done level 1 once, and couldn't walk properly for 3 days! tops of my legs were on fire!! I like the fact that you can see how much weight she has actually lost. Hate these ones by people who are slim to begin with! No inspiration. Going to give it another go tonight, and hope its a tad easier! I follow her on twitter too - nice to see someone in the public eye that openly struggles with weight!

Good luck with the weight loss!! :wavey:

Back