My First Post

Mini Mum

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum and thought I would introduce myself. I am Michelle from Cornwall and I have been dieting on and off for years... Well no actually I will rephrase that. I have been dieting on and off all of my life.
For the last 3 months I have been dieting and I have lost 21lbs so far but lately I have hit a bit of a slump and after not getting any motivation from my previous slimming group mentor/leader I have decided to leave the group and join Slimming World.
The only reason I didn't join Slimming World a few months ago was because my friend wanted to go to the opposition group and wanted me to go with her so I went and after 3 weeks she gave up on the diet and I was left doing a diet I didn't have much confidence in! Although I have lost good weight so far I think that has mainly been down to exercise and my right mental attitude now.
I have had enough of being "the token fat friend" and "The fat Mum down the school". I want to be able to take part in my son's school sports day without all of the children laughing at the wobbly bits.
The last time I did Slimming World I did it with my Mum and I lost 3 1/2 stone in 5 and 1/2 months... I am not expecting to do that this time as I know my body has changed after having 3 children but I also know that this diet works for me and it was teh easiest diet I have ever been on in my life.

I am slightly apprehensive that they have changed it to food optimising but is it true that you can still do the green and red days? I do hope so because that suits me :)

Anyway if your still reading thank you and I look foward to getting to know all of you and about your journey's :grouphugg:

Hello and welcome, everyone seems so friendly here, good luck on your SW journey, I've lost just under 2 stone but I think it helps coming on here as well as going to group, I've got more motivation than ever and you've done really well so far so I'm sure you'll do even better now you've joined the best "diet".. If you could call it that!

Thanks HP Saucy (love the username by the way!)
I am actually looking foward to starting my first meeting on Wed night. I have been reading alot of the other posts on the Slimming World pages here and everyone does seem really friendly including you :D
Hope to see you around more often :)

Hi and welcome, also well done for the weight you have already lost xx

Hi and welcome everyone is very helpful on here. I definitely think coming on this site has been a great motivator for me - even though it took me a while to work it out properly!! xx

Welcome from me too. I love it here. Everyone had been so helpful and I look forward to reporting here and updating my stats more than I do updating my graph on the SW website. Good luck on your journey. We'll all get there together!

Thank you all for being so nice... It is great to see everyone being so supportive of people's weight losses and also the support they need when gaining a few pounds!

Back