My first Red Day and.. Chinese tonight

debbywebby1970

Silver Member
Well everyone, this is my first ever Red Day... I have been doing EE for 3 weeks and im kinda stuck.
So I thought I would do Red today.
Thing is.... we have a big family occasion tonight, the whole family (about 10 of us) are going out to a chinese.... :rolleyes:
So, I was thinking if I get something like beef with mushrooms and boiled rice.
Could anyone advise me if I take half the boiled rice away, would that be approx the size of a HEB.?

Ok.. half a portion of boiled rice is 10 syns on red and a healthy b usually adds up to about 6 syns.. so i'd count it as 2 HEb's.

And the beef in mushroom is only 4.5 syns (as is chicken in oyster sauce FYI) so looks like you'll be able to eat and feel virtuous too! :D

Well done Debby on doing your first red day, I have really enjoyed my red days this last week.

Have a great evening tonight and your meal sounds delicious and not many syns either, enjoy!!!

Oh you cant.? Really.?
Damn it. When I did SW last year the group leader said that we could.... oh nooooooooo.
What shall I do now.?

Why not just have and EE day and then you can have rice/noodles and meat with no complications and syn in the sauce? If you have stuck to red all day you can still have an EE meal as long as you work out you HE's.

I would just go EE for today and start your red days tomorrow.

oops, sorry debbie - i didn't even think about whenther you could have the rice as a HEb before i answered... just the syn value in relation to HE's :eek: sorry! :eek:

if you're set on having a red day, then just syn the whole meal at 14.5 :) if you do another EE, you can have double the rice, and have the beef and mushroom and the whole thing would be 4.5 - either way you're a winner :D lol

Why not just have and EE day and then you can have rice/noodles and meat with no complications and syn in the sauce? If you have stuck to red all day you can still have an EE meal as long as you work out you HE's.

Yeah, I agree. Go EE today, then really go for Red tomorrow. You might aswell enjoy your rice for free if you can! Enjoy your Chinese! xx

Back