My first week

Katy_the_kelt

Hello!

I've just started Slimming World. I'm presently 16st 4 (down 2 lb in my first week) and feeling kind of awkward and unhappy with my weight. Before this I was on a food replacement diet that just made me really ill and messed up my digestion for ages when I started eating again.

So far I'm loving food optimising, it makes for lots of juicy veggies in meals and I think is probably something I can stick to my whole life. Still I'm worried about whether I can lose the 5 stone or so that I need to...

Anyway, hello everyone! xx

Well done on your first weightloss and I'm glad you're enjoying slimming world so far! :D
OFCOURSE you'll be able to lose the five stone! If you stick by plan and don't miss group, even if you've had a bad week, you will definitely get there. If I were you I would just focus on getting your 1/2 stone award now though, small targets are easier to work towards! :)xx

I have got so much more to lose than you, have also done meal replacement before (lost ten stone, put twelve back on) and I definitely think food optimising is the way forward. I know it's going to be slower going that a VLCD but I feel I'm eating a really healthy varied diet now, and I love it.

You can definitely lose the 5 stone Katy - you've already made a good start :D

Hi Katy.
Welcome to SW! Of course you will get to your target, it just takes a little time...You will find on this site hundreds of delicious recipes to suit all tastes, best advice I can add is to write a weekly menu, stick to it and it will save you money, and then you know what you are having.
Some people loose a lot of weight fast others 2-3lb per week so your bang on!
Good luck and we will see over the next few weeks, your success .
Pete

Hello and welcome xx

Hi Katy,

You can do it!!!

A couple of tips from me:

1. Keep a food diary in the early weeks.

2. Maintain variety - some cracking recipes on this site, the SW site and in the SW magazine, which you get cheaper from your consultant.

3. Don't panic if you have an off day - just get straight back on plan and you'll be fine.

4. Look to achieve milestones - 1/2 stone, 1 stone, 10% etc.

5. Enjoy the weight loss!

Hi Katy - you can do it!! Brilliant tips above from MisterQ by the way - food diaries; variety; mini-targets - all good stuff!

Welcome aboard.

xx

Hello!

I've just started Slimming World. I'm presently 16st 4 (down 2 lb in my first week) and feeling kind of awkward and unhappy with my weight. Before this I was on a food replacement diet that just made me really ill and messed up my digestion for ages when I started eating again.

So far I'm loving food optimising, it makes for lots of juicy veggies in meals and I think is probably something I can stick to my whole life. Still I'm worried about whether I can lose the 5 stone or so that I need to...

Anyway, hello everyone! xx

Hi i was 15 5 when i joint slimming world 16 weeks ago!!
I'm now 13 2 (thank god)
This plan still lets me have my life of a weekend (drink). I'm still enjoying it too!!
I find staying for my weekly meeting really helps me
Good Luck you can do it :D

Of course you can do it! Lots of us on here never dreamt we'd come as far as we have, particularly when it seems such a mountain to climb at the beginning. Stick at it, keep chipping away and you'll get there. Good luck x

You will def be able to loose 5 stone following slimming world and whats more important you will be able to maintain your slinky new figure as well

Hi Katy, I've got twice as much as you to lose and for the first time I feel that I can get there and stay there. I've done VLCDs too and and its just way too hard to maintain. I know a few people who've done VLCDs too and they've all lost weight but all put it back on again. I feel like slimming world is so easy and something that can be kept up for a long time and hopefully develop habits that will last forever. Good Luck x

Hi there, S W I feel is the way to go, (or the weight to go)! Little by little, bit by bit you will do this. A dripping tap fills a bucket, just make mini goals to reach so it doesnt seem too daunting. Stay to Image Therapy if at all possible, this really does help! You will do well on S W all the best :)

You can definitely do it. I've done diets before but SW is so easy. I know how daunted you feel though, I needed to lose 6-7 stones when I started. Especially when my consultant said most people get club 10 in 10-12 weeks, and it was about 1 stone 8lb away. I thought I'd never lost that in that time, but I did. It took 13 weeks but I was so proud.

You can do it :)

Hi Katy, I started this week too -Weds! I weight16st and am determined to get rid of extra weight and keep it off. Am eating loads can I really lose weight on this???

sarbs - YES YOU CAN!!!!!

Seems daft, you can pretty much have a full English and it is still on plan. Ice cream is in (look at the recipes) as is lamb shank, steak, hot pot and so much more.

Keep the variety, use the many, many recipes that are about and use your syns.

Stick to it and the weight will fall off.

Well done for making the decision!

Back