My first weight loss challenge is to find the right plan for me!

DaisyDixon

Hi everyone,

Like many of you over the years I have tried many different weight-loss plans, diets and products with varying degrees of success. Ultimately however all the weight eventually goes back on and I know it's my own fault and I know it's stupid. After all the effort (and sometimes expense) required to reach a particular goal it's senseless to allow it to pile on again.

Now I am determined to lose the flab yet again and this time to keep it off for good and I know it's probably going to take me the best part of a year to do so I reckon that it's vital that I find the right programme, something that'll take me where I want to go and when I get there keep me in there.

So my first weight-loss challenge is to find the right vehicle by which to travel.

:confused: Which diet?

Daisy

Hi everyone,

Like many of you over the years I have tried many different weight-loss plans, diets and products with varying degrees of success. Ultimately however all the weight eventually goes back on and I know it's my own fault and I know it's stupid. After all the effort (and sometimes expense) required to reach a particular goal it's senseless to allow it to pile on again.

Now I am determined to lose the flab yet again and this time to keep it off for good and I know it's probably going to take me the best part of a year to do so I reckon that it's vital that I find the right programme, something that'll take me where I want to go and when I get there keep me in there.

So my first weight-loss challenge is to find the right vehicle by which to travel.

:confused: Which diet?

Daisy
hi dasiy
i agree with you there you need to find a way of eating that suits you and that you can stick to for the rest off your life as its a life changing thing like you said not a quick fix which ever one you chose to do good luck on your journey and i hope its the right one for you x x x

Hi Daisy,

The thing is you don’t need a ‘diet’, as such. You need to change your lifestyle.

You see, your body is naturally resistant to any change and will try to keep the status quo.
How can you overcome your body’s natural resistance to change?
The truth is you have to be a bit tricky and fool your body into thinking that you’re not really changing anything much!
If you take small steps day by day, week by week, month by month, your body won’t notice anything is happening. But by the end of six months, say, you’ll have managed a huge change in your eating and daily-life habits and you'll have lost weight. And you’ll have done it without your body noticing. So it won’t want to go back to anything!
What you are doing by losing weight without dieting is developing a healthier lifestyle. This means you’ll gradually shed the extra pounds and change the way you approach life.
The best thing is that you will not slip back ever again, because now the fact that your body doesn’t like change will work in your favour. It won’t want to change back to the way you were!

Cheers,

DaiLosin

Last edited:
I love the advise DaiLosin has given, and it is the approach I am trying to adopt in my own journey. So instead of giving myself a weight loss goal, I have committed myself to keeping a food diary for the year. I hope that this will help me be more mindful about how I am eating, and help me recognise patterns or triggers for poor choices.

I hope you find something that feels right for you?

I'm trying the low carb approach, which has a pretty high success rate as a weight loss/ weight maintenance lifestyle change. Weight loss plans are all pretty individual though. You need to focus on finding something which will fit in with your lifestyle and which you'll be able to sustain long term. Crash diets tend to buckle after a year or two statistically. Hope that helped :)

happy new year and good luck - I wonder if you've decided on the best diet for you? It's hard with all the choice out there (and I feel as if I've tried them all over the years!) good luck

Thanks that's good advice to us all - good luck to you in 2014

I'm having great success using Myfitnesspal as a tool for healthy eating. I'm not following a 'diet' but rather just asking bits from lots of sources. X

Back