My God.. I hope this helps!!!

So guys.. just liek everyone else here.. im new.... but not new to this horrid game of weightloss.... ive been trying to loose weight since i was 10 yrs old.... its always the loose a bit and put it all back on again scenario... so yeah ive been thru sum tuf times and i always use food as a comfort mechanism.... but now i guess too much is too much.... so ive joined this forum too read inspirational stories on others' weightloss and hopefully itll gimme a boost to keep mine going.

I started my diet yesterday.... im on 'high protein'.... its where all u eat is lean meat twice/ three times a day.... its actually very hard... so im only going to do it for a week.... to give my wieghtloss a kick start after which im thinking of doing the 'cabbage soup' diet for a week and then im going to stick to healthy food... meat/fish and plenty of veg and offcourse water....

sounds liek a good plan eh! lol lets see... weighed myself yesterday was a ghastly 15st 5lb.... next weigh in next week.... lets see how i do..:p

over and out...

Welcome to MM's :)

Not to be a downer, but please be very careful with that sort of deprivational diet plan, eating nothing but meat for a prolonged period is not going to do you any good at all, especially in the energy department.

Healthy eating is a much better approach, if that's what you plan to be doing in a week or two, then I'd seriously consider starting it now, and missing the 'meat week'

If you are actually looking to be "deprived" of food, then it might be worth checking out a proper medically monitored VLCD such as Cambridge or LighterLife.

whatever choose, good luck with your journey to a slimmer you :)

thanx pete for the support... i know its not a good thing... ive done it before and i know u loose a stone in the first week... well i did neway.... however... its not sumthign u can carry on too long... thats why i only intend to do it for a max of up to a week... as far as the meat is concerned... its usually grilled chick noon and evening... ewww lol

Hi there everyone,
I've just joined up with you. I'm doing the celebrity slim diet? Anyone else doing this? On week 3 now and delighted with results.
Bre.

thanx pete for the support... i know its not a good thing... ive done it before and i know u loose a stone in the first week... well i did neway.... however... its not sumthign u can carry on too long... thats why i only intend to do it for a max of up to a week... as far as the meat is concerned... its usually grilled chick noon and evening... ewww lol

You seem very down about things, and it almost feels as if you don't know where you're going... You said: "it's not something you can carry on too long" in reference to CD/LL vlcd diets, hey I did it for 9 months, had a break and back on a slightly more relaxed plan, all in all I've been doing in for a year and two months...
At the end of the day, maybe it could be useful for you to explore the issues as to what makes you unhappy, maybe get to see a counsellor. If the mind isn't in the right place to go ahead, the body will never follow... Maybe have a talk with a doctor or a nutritionalist and they could help you come up with a nice diet plan which could suit you for the long term.

Don't do a 'meat week' and don't do a 'cabbage soup' week, they are not helpful to your body in any way. You need all sorts of nutrients and vitamins, and by concentrating on one you are ignoring so many others. You may potentially be doing more harm than good.

I could suggest maybe looking into Tesco e-diets, maybe looking at the low-Gi Plan. Or trying the Rosemary Connely diet - they give you lovely recipes and menus which do work long term! It will slowly build up your confidence and show you how to be more healthy, working towards healthier habits that will stay for life.

I understand this is difficult, I remember how I felt in January last year when I started Lighter Life. I was in such a bad place... but Perseverance is the key. Answers do not come within a week. They don't come within a month. Things that are worth getting take A LOT of work over a long period of time.

I wish you luck. If you'd like to have a chat or anything I can give you my msn address. You are not alone.

Welcome to Minimins :)

Neither of your plans sound very healthy, and youll probably find that having something like the cabbage soup diet, while it might show a loss youll probably pile it all straight back on the moment you start eating again.

Why not have a look around the site, there are so many diets, all of them sensible ones there must one which will suit you better :)

Thankyou everyone for ur support.... hmmm yes i have been quite low lately.... and yes ive been seeing a councillor at my uni... this week ive been doing the high protein.. and yes it has been difficult... i cant stand the sight of chicken nemore..:) lol... but its the last day today and ive been very good... im feeling like ive lost some weight... one of my torousers is fitting again..:) but i havent weighed myself yet as weigh in is tommorow morning... so quite curious... also... ive been doing some research on this cabbage soup diet... and it seems to be ok.. i mean its a staple cabbage soup and water etc... but u can eat lots of fruit and fresh vegetables and you even have say where u can eat meat with the vegatables... i might just give it a try for a week and see what happens.... other than that... can some one give me sum information on this lipo trim diet and the cambrisge diet.... what do u eat...? it just seems so confusing.... wish me luck for weigh in tommrow..:) i will post my results...

Why don't you try w8?

I'm not going to repeat the comments so many others have made in regards to healthy weight loss but i would like to add another diet to the equation!

I have been doing w8 for 5 weeks now and lost 19 lbs! If you google 'all about w8' you will find their website.

The plan is a very low calorie diet that is based on meal replacement shakes and soups. Your body goes into ketosis which means you are not hungry. You can also have an evening meal from a limited food list if you do feel you need to 'eat'.

It does cost £49 a week but if you consider you don't need to buy any food (unless you want to add a meal) it isn't that bad. Admitedly i thought i'd never spend £49 a week on food just for me. Then i thought about take-aways, lunch at work, chocolate, crisps, snacks etc etc and i realised it is not too expensive. And the fantastic weight loss makes it worth every penny!

Have a look at the w8 pages on here and you'll see loads of sucess stories and tons of support!!

Good luck for your weigh in and also in your diet choice. :hug99:

Back