My husband has topped off the rubbish present list need to vent sorry

Before I start off with my venting and frustrations merry Christmas everyone.

This morning I opened my presents off my husband. I say presents but they are auwful!!!! My husband left my present shopping until Christmas eve afternoon.

Every year we do each other a stocking (or we are meant too). This year for my stocking present I got a dead light bulb, dr who magnets (not even the current dr on them) and two bits of empty wrapping paper selotaped to look like presents. My main presents so far have been 2 DVDs I already brought months ago, that he just wrapped up to make it look like I had 2 more presents, and the twilight saga on DVD ( I have never had any intention of buying it because it's always on tv). I have 1 more present to open and I can't actually be bothered to do that because of how upset it has all made me. I know this sounds like I am being spoilt,( but I gave him a list weeks ago of what I would like), I am not trying to be. I had money off my mum for Christmas and I was going to buy the new Harry potter DVD with some of it. But my husband was adamant he was getting that, now it seems I wont even have that( I would have been very happy with that on its own). He actually brought flowers for a couple of lady neighbours, and sent out cards to people, including his work friends. I didn't even get a card off him. even the tenant got treated better than me. It just really hurts that I seem to have been an afterthought.

I really hope you all have a better Christmas than me xx

How awful for you I just hope it is all in jest & your main pressie will be a wonderful surprise later.

I got a South Beach Diet book off my mum:eek:

It's the thought that counts;)

Besides, it all looks like a deliberate ploy to me - a sort of series of clues leading up to something massive!

I'd have thought just having each other was the greatest gift of all? :cool:

Aw it kinda sucks that he doesn't appear to have thought much but at least its just the stuff and you're able to be together on Christmas Day :)
Hope you can have a nice rest-of-the-day despite poopy presents x

Awww I would be peeved to hunny. My husband used to be crap at buying presents too so I used to get what I wanted and he'd give me the money. This year though I set him the challenge of getting them himself and I have to say he's come up trumps.
Hope you enjoy the rest of the day x

Chilli pepper in his underpants, rub a raw chilli on his steering wheel....trust me it works ;)
No putting out til he's put it right!
No ironing, washing, shopping that he likes, if you cook make it stuff only You like!

Finally turn over in bed and whack him HARD in the nuts! Then snore xxxx

Hey christmas definitely isnt all about the presents (or lack of them), maybe you're having a better christmas than others but in different ways :) :) :)

:(

Christmas isn't just about presents, but I guess in many ways you would have preferred diddly-squat than something unthoughtful, I know I would. As has been said, at least you have each other, and many others may be having an even crappier Christmas, but still doesn't make up for your poo gifts. I'm gutted that so far today I have been unwittingly 100% on plan!

Chin up, it might be leading to something wicked. Otherwise, go for the chilli on the steering wheel, I may be stealing that one too......

Sounds like a big cover up to me. Surely it must be a smoke screen for something very special. I cannot believe anyone would be that insensitive or that stupid.......

Huge Christmas hugs xxxxxx:33::26::23:

Last edited:
I cannot believe anyone would be that insensative or that stupid.......

Are you sure? I'm suffering with poop Christmas gifts too :( Told the OH what I wanted, even pointed to it in the Argos book, page number and how much it was. It was a lovely silver t-bar heart necklace. I couldn't wait.

So, when he brought the presents in, there wasn't a smallish box that a necklace would be in.

Started opening my gifts..

A big box of Guylian chocs, my fave but he knows i'm on a diet and didn't want chocs.

A volumizing hairdryer... I have 3 upstairs that I don't use because hairdryers make my hair frizzy.

A cigarette tin.. I'm planning on quitting smoking next year.

Fruit bath salts and bubble baths.. I HAVEN'T EVEN GOT A FRICKING BATH!! HE LIVES IN THIS HOUSE TOO AND KNOWS WE HAVENT GOT A BATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so angry and upset when I had finished opening everything that I had to go down to my dads to escape. My dad found it hillarious that Craig had bought me bath stuff even though we dont have a bath but it just prooved to me how much he DIDNT think and wasn't bothered. I only asked for one thing that would have been cheaper than all this stuff I don't need. :(

A lot of men have no imagination and don't think even when they are given loads of hints - and I'm speaking from experience :cry:

And if you have the other type you are very lucky.

Irene xx

I didn't have any presents from my husband to open:cry:. What he did do for me though was drive to my parents and bring them to visit for an hour, then drove my mum to hospital to pick up my nana so that she could spend a couple of hours at home (she has a chest infection and influenza b so is being kept in hospital indefinitely). He then came home for a few hours before collecting my mum and nana and taking them back to the hospital and sat in the car for 20 mins while mum settled nana back into her room then took her home. To do all that meant we had to delay xmas meal until almost 6pm this evening and even though he also has a chest infection there hasn't been a word of complaint from him. That is the best gift I could have been given, it's not always about what is under the tree.
saying that i wouldnt have been happy with what you got either

Thanks Hannah, she is on the mend thankfully but it was all a bit scary last week. I think myself extremely lucky that at the age of 40 I still have my wonderful grandmother and hope to have her for a long time to come yet. She is the best!!!

I didn't have any presents from my husband to open:cry:. What he did do for me though was drive to my parents and bring them to visit for an hour, then drove my mum to hospital to pick up my nana so that she could spend a couple of hours at home (she has a chest infection and influenza b so is being kept in hospital indefinitely). He then came home for a few hours before collecting my mum and nana and taking them back to the hospital and sat in the car for 20 mins while mum settled nana back into her room then took her home. To do all that meant we had to delay xmas meal until almost 6pm this evening and even though he also has a chest infection there hasn't been a word of complaint from him. That is the best gift I could have been given, it's not always about what is under the tree.
saying that i wouldnt have been happy with what you got either
Like my lovely man he has no price and is the only gift you need. He sounds such a nice caring guy.

I gave my husband a pack of penguin biscuits today and he gave me the smallest box of Ferrer Rochas chocolates you can get, The fact that I am trying to get back on track with SW doesn't even come into the equation. We are broke and pressies did not figure this year. I was so delighted to get my choccies.

It is all a matter of perspective.

I agree some men are pretty useless at seeing or understanding what makes a good pressie and I really feel for those of you who expected more or different but for me I am so happy with my 4 chocolates.

Well I gave him a good shot, it's nearly midnight, so he's had all day...!
My parents announced 5 weeks or so ago that they are separating, so this will "probably be our last christmas as a family"... Atmosphere hasn't been exactly wonderful, it's been ok, but it's not quite right..
And all the boyfriend's said was a text at 8 this morning to say "Merry Christmas :)"
No x's no nothing..

I know we're having "our" Christmas on Tuesday, but still, one text... *sigh*

The Queen's speech about the importance of family, was a bit tough lol...!

Happy New Year people - Let's stick crappy christmas gifts and atmospheres in the past, and look forward to 2012 :) x

I don't think its about the actual present or its monetary value its that it seems like they don't think or worse don't care. I'm single and my cat didn't get me anything :( lol

I don't think its about the actual present or its monetary value its that it seems like they don't think or worse don't care. I'm single and my cat didn't get me anything :( lol

Our cat puked up a hairball under the christmas tree- I'm claiming it as a present !!

I got my dog a rubber bone... Haven't seen it since about 10 this morning, I think it has been eaten....................

Back