My Journey Starts on January 8th

EmVeg

Do a little dance!
Just been to my information meeting with the LLC. I'm sold. I know it's a lot of money.. but I need to do this for myself.

One question.. can you have herbal teas on LL? It's the one thing I fogot.

Goodluck Emveg - you won't regret it.

Welcome aboard :crazy:

You'll find this forum a great help - there's always someone to help or advise.

Good luck!

xx

Welcome!!! You are going to love this program when you see the weight fall off.

Stay around and get loads of info from here and share you weight losses with us!

:26:

Thank you everyone! I definately will be on here a lot - seems like an invaluable resource during and after this time!

I rang my doctors today and they refuse to fill our the doctors questionaire (although, apparently one surgery in the area actually charges £180 for this, so I may have got off lightly!!) so I am going down to a local health clinic that does it for £40. Got my appointment on Tuesday so I should been all signed and ready to go in plenty of time.

I do have a question though. I am 13 stone 10 at the moment - so with xmas coming up, and my birthday I'm expecting to put on a little in that time....

My aim is to get to 9stone 7. I may change my mind once I'm losing the weight at stop sooner, but I'm thinking this will take me a little over four months..

The problem is I am going on holiday to America in May for two weeks. I'm thinking I would of only really starting to introduce foods a little at this time.. so I don't know what I should do. Do I take two weeks worth of food packs, and have them except for a small lean chicken/fish at night-time?

I know it would be hard because you tend to indulge on holiday, and I know I may start to feel deprived... I just want to clear this up in my head before even starting on my road to starting. I don't want anything to mess my head up on this one!

Thank you everyone! I definately will be on here a lot - seems like an invaluable resource during and after this time!

I rang my doctors today and they refuse to fill our the doctors questionaire (although, apparently one surgery in the area actually charges £180 for this, so I may have got off lightly!!) so I am going down to a local health clinic that does it for £40. Got my appointment on Tuesday so I should been all signed and ready to go in plenty of time.

I do have a question though. I am 13 stone 10 at the moment - so with xmas coming up, and my birthday I'm expecting to put on a little in that time....

My aim is to get to 9stone 7. I may change my mind once I'm losing the weight at stop sooner, but I'm thinking this will take me a little over four months..

The problem is I am going on holiday to America in May for two weeks. I'm thinking I would of only really starting to introduce foods a little at this time.. so I don't know what I should do. Do I take two weeks worth of food packs, and have them except for a small lean chicken/fish at night-time?

I know it would be hard because you tend to indulge on holiday, and I know I may start to feel deprived... I just want to clear this up in my head before even starting on my road to starting. I don't want anything to mess my head up on this one!

Hi and welcome!

Right - lets talk holidays! We know you want to lose weight, and the good news is, with LL you will!

So, knowing that - with regards to your holiday.....is it your last vacation? If so, then eat to your hearts content. BUT - if you will be taking other holidays in your lifetime,then stay on the diet. That is how the diet is successful. ;) :)

I spent one month in America last May and abstained 100%. I am a yank, so I was surrounded by ALL my favourite food that is unavailable here, and none of it passed my lips. Not a grain. If I can do it - you can to - and I tell you what - coming home 20 pounds lighter, from a holiday full of parties and BBQ's - well - there is NO better souveneir.

Since then, I have reached goal - lost nearly 10 stone (by folloowing the diet 100%). I am in week 7 of Route to Management and I have just returned 2 days ago from a 2 week holiday back to America again, for Thanksgiving (an entirely food/family related holiday) where I again, refrained from having any of my favourite foods that are not on the "allowed" list. BUT - it was MUCH harde then when I was abstaining, so you may consider starting RTM when you get back. I would have preferred that. It was convenient and easy to do while travelling, where finding acceptable food in restaurants is not - and it opens up all kinds of temptation requiring iron will. It is much tougher when you are eating something. But you are right - you would only eat a protein meal/salad, etc. if you have to be in RTM while you are away.

There will be other holidays. Birthdays. Christmases, etc. There is no rule other then our own that we have to overeat on these occassions. Would it be so bad to miss out on these two? AS said - there will always be other dates, But there will never be another chance to do this right the first time if you blow it with planned or unplanned lapses. Ya know what I mean? This is a HARDCORE diet, and it is commonly believed among other LL'ers that you get one shot at the "golden time" - where a diet really will work if you let it. Any deviance along the way wastes your time and delays you aceiving your goal - when in reality, with this diet that dream will come true in RECORD time!

If I can give you any advise - do not lapse on ANY of these occassions. That will only cause you delays, struggles, grief, etc., that will quite possible sabatoge your efforts.

WHy feel deprived? Is someone other then you making you do LL? ;) Remember, as my LLC pointed out on Day One: we CHOOSE to do this diet. By CHOOSING, using our own will, there is no reason to be deprived. And while we are speaking of choice - you can choose not to indulge, as easily as you choose to indulge. Choice is a wonderful thing. It's something that you and you alone control. ;)

At the end of the day, and I know in the early stages this will be hard to believe - but, it's only food. Thats all. ANd it will be there in the future.

Treat yourself, and follow this through and you will feel better then ever. Honest. I promise! :)

Good luck on your journey! Take it seriously, do it right and you will only have to do it once.

XX

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the reply BlondeLogic.

I think that may have just been the most inspirational thing I have read regarding this - and have completely shut out any doubts I may have been having.

I was more worried about ruining for my family, as meal times are a big deal to us.. (which as you may guess is a reason we are an obese family).. but I am doing this from ME. If I am still abstaning through this time then I will be doing it. Hell, I will be going back there..we do every year. And Mountain Dew is the only thing I'd really, really miss and I can ship that over :D:D

Thank you again.

So, here it is. I AM starting LL on 8th Jan 2008. I AM paying the money - I didn't realised you paid after foundation as I didn't understand it, and it made me doubt but I don't care - because I AM worth it.

My ideal weight is 9stone 7lb and I am going to give it my very best, my very focused and my very commited best.

I WILL lose the weight, I WILL stick to it, and I WILL still enjoy my holiday.

I am doing this for ME!

Oh, I might suggest too, as I have often and always will say - you can use this time between now and January wisely. Start to prepare yourself mentally. Really, and I mean REALLLLLLY wrap your head around what you are embarking on. Visualise yoursel of all kinds of situations, and see how you will cope with the diet in those situations. With enough forthought, and planning, you will not have to miss any occassion/event. You can make this diet work for you wherever you are and whatever you are doing. That will help you.

You also have the added bonus that this time can also be used to prepare your family as you say that food is a big part of your lives. I understand that. So preparing them too on what it means and what it will be like will help too. Make it crystal clear to them that you are doing this for you to have a better life, and that nothing less then 100% support is acceptable. They must be on board, as even the best intended can sabatoge a diet. Either consciously or sub-consiously. So I would really get into the nit and grit of it with them all over the coming weeks.

That should make for a much smoother transition for all of you.

Keep us posted and read these boards even now before you are on the plan, as you will soak up loads of info to help you. Become a sponge!

Take care

x

Hi and welcome!

Right - lets talk holidays! We know you want to lose weight, and the good news is, with LL you will!

So, knowing that - with regards to your holiday.....is it your last vacation? If so, then eat to your hearts content. BUT - if you will be taking other holidays in your lifetime,then stay on the diet. That is how the diet is successful. ;) :)

I spent one month in America last May and abstained 100%. I am a yank, so I was surrounded by ALL my favourite food that is unavailable here, and none of it passed my lips. Not a grain. If I can do it - you can to - and I tell you what - coming home 20 pounds lighter, from a holiday full of parties and BBQ's - well - there is NO better souveneir.

Since then, I have reached goal - lost nearly 10 stone (by folloowing the diet 100%). I am in week 7 of Route to Management and I have just returned 2 days ago from a 2 week holiday back to America again, for Thanksgiving (an entirely food/family related holiday) where I again, refrained from having any of my favourite foods that are not on the "allowed" list. BUT - it was MUCH harde then when I was abstaining, so you may consider starting RTM when you get back. I would have preferred that. It was convenient and easy to do while travelling, where finding acceptable food in restaurants is not - and it opens up all kinds of temptation requiring iron will. It is much tougher when you are eating something. But you are right - you would only eat a protein meal/salad, etc. if you have to be in RTM while you are away.

There will be other holidays. Birthdays. Christmases, etc. There is no rule other then our own that we have to overeat on these occassions. Would it be so bad to miss out on these two? AS said - there will always be other dates, But there will never be another chance to do this right the first time if you blow it with planned or unplanned lapses. Ya know what I mean? This is a HARDCORE diet, and it is commonly believed among other LL'ers that you get one shot at the "golden time" - where a diet really will work if you let it. Any deviance along the way wastes your time and delays you aceiving your goal - when in reality, with this diet that dream will come true in RECORD time!

If I can give you any advise - do not lapse on ANY of these occassions. That will only cause you delays, struggles, grief, etc., that will quite possible sabatoge your efforts.

WHy feel deprived? Is someone other then you making you do LL? ;) Remember, as my LLC pointed out on Day One: we CHOOSE to do this diet. By CHOOSING, using our own will, there is no reason to be deprived. And while we are speaking of choice - you can choose not to indulge, as easily as you choose to indulge. Choice is a wonderful thing. It's something that you and you alone control. ;)

At the end of the day, and I know in the early stages this will be hard to believe - but, it's only food. Thats all. ANd it will be there in the future.

Treat yourself, and follow this through and you will feel better then ever. Honest. I promise! :)

Good luck on your journey! Take it seriously, do it right and you will only have to do it once.

XX

Wow, what a post BL :D. Your words always motivate and you take the time to explain, in detail, what strategies you use for success.

Kudos to you..xxx :D:D:D

Well look at that - you started on the 8th Jan too. I feel some kind of fate working here!! :D

Oh don't worry - you'll be hearing a lot from me! I'm one of those all or nothing kinds, and it looks like you lot will be getting the all.

I'm feeling a bit like Spongebob Squarepants tonight!

I've been wandering around this board for about three hours today, read about 7 blogs from people on the diet (a few from this board), the 3 LL magazines I was given and their website!!!

I don't want to overdo the thinking on this but, I am trying to get my head around what I will be taking up in the new year. I'm trying to find out what people on it have been going through - exactly as you say.

I think I shall be having a good sit down with my parents (whom myself and fiance have just moved back in with) and the OH and tell them what this really means to me. I know they will support me - I just need to tell them how much I need it from them!

I'm also trying not to get into that "oh well I'm going on LL so i'll eat what I want now". In a way I'm starting my journey now. I can start looking at how I eat, what I eat and how I feel about it. LL isn't the easy way out - in many ways its going to be harder for me, because its going to bring up all these issues that I (like I'm sure a lot of us on here) hide with food, and those layers on our bums, tums and thighs!

And once again - thank you so much for your invaluable advice.

Hi Emveg,
welcome, You've already been given some great advice by those with much more experience with LL than me but can I suggest that you change your GP? when I went to my surgery the practise nurse told me that the Dr's didn't agree with vlcd's so I thought I would have to pay to get my form signed but my GP was great and totally supportive.Just think of the money we will save the NHS in the long run by reducing our chances of obesity related illnesses

Hi brumchick!

I think I will be changing GPs - I had a bit of an arguement on the phone with my surgery when asking why they would not fill the form in. I went in there 2 months ago about hip pain thats left me on crutches and in a lot of pain (putting an end to the eating less, moving more approach I had been going for).

He examined my hips and then told me for the next half hour (the longest he's ever bothered to spend with me) that I was obese and he would refer me but they wouldn't do anything but tell me to loose weight. That I should just excercise more. I cant - thats why I went to see him in the first place! I left there feeling so bad.

I asked them (politley) to ask their GPs not to recommend their patients loose enough weight not to be obese but then not allow them to do that.

What annoys me the most? They spout how obesity is as big a killer or even more so than smoking - but they supply smokers with nicorette tablets. Isn't this a similar thing? Am I not just looking for consent for my own substitue to help an addiction?

Ah, I'm going to leave it because it makes me so angry!

*sigh*

This is bizarre. I have made the decision to start this plan in the New Year (my, I wish I could start sooner..) and I'm slowly starting to get my head around it. I am already looking at myself and the food I eat and when I eat it....

I know I will be taking a leaf out of Blonde Logics book and keeping a diary of these issues and my thoughts/fears/urges as they come up, but I don't want to deal with these. Maybe I will in 2009. But not right now. I know it will be theraputic,...

It's strange ... like the issues I thought I would have to delve into during the meetings with LLC and group are suddenly bursting up and shoving themselves into my face. This is going to be a very long December..

Okay, so all my forms are signed, and I am going to drop these off in the postbox tonight...

As my GP refused to do this, and I had to go to a private clinic the doctor I saw there noted on it that the monitoring would have to be consented by my GP - however as I am not on any medication from my GP -will this cause any problems?

In that case..

Wooohoo. I just wish I could start it sooner.

No, just the next group my LLC has is beginning then.

It is frustrating having to wait - but i'm using the time to completely prepare myself for what I'm going into.

I'm not particularly bothered about eating out or Christmas. Touch wood it won't be my last so why be worried about it.

Last edited:
I apologise if any of you have accidently decided to read this.. welcome to todays splurge of pent up crap that I can't stop thinking about....I also apologise for my pity party.

As I stated in a different thread I spent last night worrying about what to do about a work awards do I have the week I start LL. It is also on the date of my second meeting, which I would then miss.

I was fretting about whether to just explain it to the people I worked with and just have my soup/bar/shake while they eat the meal. This feels me with dread. I panic when I think about what people will think about me, about what I'm embarking on. I let over peoples possible thoughts or feelings rule my life and what I do with it. I do it on a daily basis and I know I do..I just can't help it.

I have decided on one of three solutions

• Go to the awards and just explain to the people there what I am doing, why I am doing it and letting them think what they want (GOD, I wish I could do this one...I really do..)
  • Pull out of the awards saying I have a family event and take the day off. That way I could go to my meeting as well. (Only problem is I can't lie. I think it very hard to be dishonest, I would be paranoid I would be found out and then what people would think)
  • Go to the event and speak to my LLC (I have emailed regarding this) and ask if I can attend the 8th Jan meeting but not start the packs until 16th Jan - that way I will attend my second meeting on the 22nd after my first week on the packs....
I feel ashamed of myself for many things regarding this. I feel ashamed for being so worried about other people and not myself, because LL is for ME. Not other people ME!

I feel annoyed because I feel like I would fail if I did not attend the meeting on the 15th and go the the event. I don't think I could do it. And that makes me weak and pathetic.

When emailing my LLC earlier I apologise a number of times for what I was saying. I apologised if she thought I wouldn't be strong enough, or take it seriously enough.

I feel annoyed because I don't want to feel this way anymore. I've felt ashamed my entire life about me, about the things I do and that is what LL is about - stopping that. I feel ashamed every time I look in the mirror and see a stranger with lots of padding. I feel ashamed of my thoughts.

I'm having a bad day, and all I can think about are things that have happened that got me to where I am today. I want to do LL. But losing the weight won't mean I lose my demons...

And I was about to apologise to anyone reading this in case you thought I was being stupid.

Back