My journey to 5 stone slimmer!

Thanks for the support guys.

I went to weigh in and lost 0.5lb again. I didn't leave in a rage this time though because like I said before, I'm gonna ignore the weigh ins until I've finished the 30 day shred and given my body a chance to rest. I'm on day 24 :) I'm expecting to bit another wall soon with what I've read about the 30 day shred, but nothin will stop me!!

This weekend is going to be mostly off plans. Whoops. My mum, bro and dog are coming to visit this weekend and I am so excited to see my fam :) havent seen them since Xmas and that was only for 2 days too. We're going to cosmos which is amaaaazing, and I'm going to make strawberry dacquiris for us in the eve! I will avoid the sugar and have as many slimming world meals as poss, but I'm going I enjoy myself. Cannot wait to see my dog! I'm really excited.

Ive just been reading your posts about the exercise dilemma which I can totally relate to. I've been an on off slimming worlder for a while and I find that when I do sw and no exercise I lose more weight than doing sw with exercise! Doesn't seem right. But when I do exercise I feel better, sleep better and generally feel more positive. I assume the difference in weight loss is maybe due to muscle mass as we all know muscle weighs more. I think the best way to get to your goal is to carry on with the exercise, the benefits are all good and eventually when your muscles are well trained hopefully you won't build more muscle mass so you will see bigger losses on the scales. And hey, remember a loss is a loss even if it is smaller than you hope for, it's all in the right direction :) xx

Hey hun, so glad you've come away from WI not feeling annoyed and pissed off. At least you're going in the right direction and I bet there's been a huge change in your body composition from fat to muscle that just won't be reflected on the scales. Maybe try getting a tape measure out each week, you might be surprised how it goes down. Anything to keep you motivated xx

Ive just been reading your posts about the exercise dilemma which I can totally relate to. I've been an on off slimming worlder for a while and I find that when I do sw and no exercise I lose more weight than doing sw with exercise! Doesn't seem right. But when I do exercise I feel better, sleep better and generally feel more positive. I assume the difference in weight loss is maybe due to muscle mass as we all know muscle weighs more. I think the best way to get to your goal is to carry on with the exercise, the benefits are all good and eventually when your muscles are well trained hopefully you won't build more muscle mass so you will see bigger losses on the scales. And hey, remember a loss is a loss even if it is smaller than you hope for, it's all in the right direction :) xx

Thanks for replying. I never do any exercise so this is the first time I'm learning how my body reacts to it. It just really confuses me that I lost more weight when I wasn't exercising and just being lazy! I have done lots of research now and it seems to be muscles retaining water all over my body because they're not used to exercise and I keep increasing the intensity. I'm just gonna wait till the shred is done and give my muscles a chance to rest and see if I get a drop. If after a few weeks of thing diff things its nt working I will stop exercising till I'm nearer my goal! X

Hey hun, so glad you've come away from WI not feeling annoyed and pissed off. At least you're going in the right direction and I bet there's been a huge change in your body composition from fat to muscle that just won't be reflected on the scales. Maybe try getting a tape measure out each week, you might be surprised how it goes down. Anything to keep you motivated xx

Yeah I really need to keep up with the measurements because they are the only thing keeping me going!

I just hated at SW the two weighers said to eachother when I was weighing "oh the slimmer of the week won't be very high this week", and I just thought you don't know how hard some of us are trying! X

That's horrible, honestly, way to make you feel motivated!:rolleyes: I feel like I've worked harder at SW these last 2 weeks with a 0.5lb and 1lb loss than I have the weeks I've got 4's and 5's! Effort and the number on the scalehave no relation whatsoever for my WI's. I think that's the most frustrating thing about it. I always thought the harder you work at weight loss, the better the number on the scale, but it really hasn't been like that for me at all.

Mine is moving again now and I'm sure yours will too! I must admit I've cut down on the shredding and concentrated on lots of walking instead... I will start doing strength again when I've lost some more weight but didn't like the way it was halting my progress at the moment. Even so I'm sure yours will move soon I just think our bodies have to adjust to such a big change in routine xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I haven't updated much this week 'cause I've been veryyyy naughty! My family came down at the weekend and I went off the rails haha. I had such a good time tho, it was definitely worth it!

Weigh in tonight and ill see what the damage is... I've still been exercising though and it's my last week of the shred! Can't believe I've got this far with it when I didn't do any exercise before! The strangest thing happened tho, at Xmas I had lost just over half a stone with slimming world then Christmas came and I gained 3lbs of it back. I have then been struggling with the scale all of January to get back to where I was, but only losing 0.5 pound a week. Anyway, as I said my mum n bro came down this weekend and the last time they had seen me was at Xmas and they were both saying how I look so different and I've definitely lost weight Etc and I am heavier than when they last saw me!!! How bizarre!!

Also, someone who I haven't told about losing weight commented for the first time yesterday! My colleague said "you've definitely lost weight" but no one said anything when I had lost the most weight on the scale!! So confusing!!

Another thing is that I went shopping with my mum at the weekend and normally in H&M I have to go for large, which is loose but the medium is way too tight but this time I was going for mediums and they were fitting nicely. Also, I bought a leather jacket that I've always wanted and normally I have to go for a size up with coats because otherwise its uncomfortable but this time I could go for my normal size and it fit! I also put on jeans last night that I normally have a slight overhang on my hips and they're tight on my stomach, but last night they had no overhang from my hips and wasn't tight across my stomach. I have a long way to go to have them look how I want l, but I thought it was so strange how much difference I'm noticing at the moment and I'm still 1.5lb away from even getting back to my before Xmas weight. I have only lost 6 lbs from SW so far now... But that can't make all that difference can it? Especially when it didnt before?? Everyone keeps telling me that I would have lost more but I've built muscle, so I'm slimmer.

Who knows!

You will tone with the exercise so be more streamlined!

I'll be interested to see if you've lost this week with more food but maintaining the exercise. I predict a happy surprise x

So I maintained!!!! I am SO happy! I do not understand in terms of me being good all week and only losing 0.5lb then being horrific and maintaining, but oh well.

I didn't want to say before how bad I was because I felt embarrassed and thought I'd gain alot but to explain why a maintain is so shocking:

Thursday night after weigh in: a bottle of wine and chocolate.
Friday night: cosmos where it's an all you can eat buffet and I ate SO much! Then strawberry dacquiris, cake and ice cream and a bottle of wine.
Saturday: Pizza Hut lunch, nachos, wetherspoons meal of chicken strips and chips with JD BBQ sauce, 1 and a half bottle of wine, strawberry dacquiris and chocolate.
Sunday: pancakes for breakfast with butter and maple syrup, dominos pizza for dinner)

OMG I'm disgusting loooool. My friend said its prob all my exercise paying off and saving me from a huge gain! X

I agree. I think you can definitely eat a lot more when exercising and that's definitely how I plan to maintain by of setting any bad food choices with exercise! Hopefully it will have shaken your body up and get it moving next week :)

Feeling positive about weight loss today. It was my last day of the 30 day shred!!!! I completed it :) I will post my inch loss soon.

Been cooking lots of slimming world stuff tonight to take to work! They taste sooo good! I made cottage pie and a potato, onion, bacon and cheese quiche! yum :)

Really would like a nice loss this week, it would give me such a boost! Fingers crossed.

image-2237871543.jpg

I'd like to shred more but struggle to fit it in my day with all the changing showering etc! Been keeping up the walking though :)

I'd like to shred more but struggle to fit it in my day with all the changing showering etc! Been keeping up the walking though :)

I wish I could incorporate more walking into my day! Unfortunately I work behind a desk all day and my work is too far away for me to walk to! X

Congrats on completing the 30DS. Looking forward to reading your results xx

My work is quite far away but as I don't drive it's as quick as getting the bus really, well not quite but less faffing! My bus pass has just run out so tomorrow will be my first day walking to AND from work :) hopefully get around 15000 steps in its about 45 mins each way x

My work is quite far away but as I don't drive it's as quick as getting the bus really, well not quite but less faffing! My bus pass has just run out so tomorrow will be my first day walking to AND from work :) hopefully get around 15000 steps in its about 45 mins each way x

How long does it take to drive to your work? I'm not sure how long it would take me to walk to mine. It's a 20+ minute drive. Tell me how the walking goes!

Back