My journey to 5 stone slimmer!

well done on your weight loss x-intoxicate. I dont weigh in until Thursday. Im going to see if the sw hot pot is on the internet. Thanks.

Thanks for the support guys! :)

I'm in such a motivated mood today after losing 1.5lb last night! I didnt do any exercise last week and ate badly, so i was VERY surprised! I seem to lose more weight when im not exercising! I think watching my calories aswell as doing SW really helped me! So for this month im on 4.5lb loss so far with one more weigh in to go! Last month I lost 2lb in total, so im super happy about this month!

I would LOVE a 2.5lb loss for 7lb total this month but ive never lost that amount of weight in a week apart from in my first couple of weeks of SW. I'm watching my calories aswell as eating SW this week and I've decided to not do any exercise again this week and see if I continue to lose more weight than I did when i was exercising!

Im glad this happened just before the weekend! It has given me more motivation to have a good weekend on plan! I've got no money till payday which is monday too so hopefully i can't afford to eat out or drink wine haha!

Hope you ladies are having a good week!

Dee x

As you can see, I started the week really motivated to get a big loss and eat right, but Im just in a mess now and totally confused as to where I am or how I've done this week. I feel like my first mistake was counting calories and trying to do slimming world together. It just doesn't work.

Second is that whenever I really care about weight loss or try really hard I seem to have a really bad week in mood/results. I am in the worst mood this week and I can't stop thinking and taking about weight loss. It's not healthy because it gets me thinking about "and what if I lost this much and when could I lose this much by" etc etc which drives me crazy in the end. I've started weighing everyday again because I'm all obsessed with losing lots of weight this week. It's not good, and I actually do better when I'm not concentrating too much on the weight loss, and just sticking to it out of habit.

I can't wait to be weighed tomorrow so I can figure out where I am and I can move forward and stick to slimming world. I'm forgetting about calories for the moment, and just continuing with slimming world.

I've stopped exercising at the moment too as I seem to lose more scale weight when I don't exercise, but I have definitely noticed that I'm missing all the benefits. I have less energy and I get sluggish more easily and I've started to feel really run down.

I need to sort my head out and come to some sort of plan that I need to stick too. I feel all over the place. I don't know how I would do this on my own at home.

Awww sorry to hear it's a bad week *hugs*. How much weight do you have left to lose?

I'm a calorie counter and it works for me but I see good results with slimming world on here and if it's not broken don't fix it :) I personally don't think the two plans seem compatible as the way SW works seems counter productive to calorie counting and vice versa. That's based on limited SW knowledge by the way I'm certainly no expert just from what I've seen. I hope weigh in is ok for you and I hope you get successfully back on the SW wagon.

Looking forward to hearing about a nicer week next week x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done and good luck for this week.and regaining your slimming world mojo :)

Completely agree about SW and calorie counting not working together too. I honestly think it needs to be one or the other as they both work from completely different principles. I was getting so stressed out when I did both and getting crazily obsessive about the calories to the point I was eating 800/900 cals some days. Not enough for someone my weight that's for sure!

Well done on your loss, I know full well how it can be dissapointing to get 1/2lb as I had this for the past 2 weeks, but keep plodding on and you'll get through it. For me the 1/2lb phase has been the hardest part of my entire journey! Was over the moon to see 1lb today after having a week with 3 days off plan. Weight loss just doesn't make sense sometimes does it? The weeks I'm super strict and exercise loads I get 1/2lb, but the week after I have 3 days off plan and don't do any tough exercise (just walking) and I get double the loss, WTF! :confused:

Thanks for your comments ladies. I really fell off the wagon this weekend because I've been incredibly ill. I literally did not care what I was eating, and it was all takeaways and chocolate. I feel disgusting for it, but I am super ill so I only want what I want. I have a throat and chest infection and inflamed cartilage around my breast bone which makes it painful to breathe. I had to miss out on my friends bday this weekend too and so that made me feel low.

Anyway, if I'm gonna save myself a horrific gain at weigh in I need to get back to basics. I always guess at stuff now and I often leave off the super free because I'm lazy. I need to do a SW diary again, and make big free meals and stop using syns on silly things.

This morning I'm having strawberries in vanilla yogurt and a sausage, egg and cheese wrap for breakfast. :) excited.

image-1869604051.jpg

Sunday 2nd march was:

Breakfast: strawberries and vanilla yogurt, WW sausage x 2 (1 syn), egg and cheese (HEX) wrap (HEX)
Lunch: chicken paella (not sure of syns but app says about 7 and the only thing to syn would be oil)
Dinner: spag bowl
Snacks: 2 x galaxy caramel mini egg (6 syn) mini milk (2 syn)

Today 3rd march :
Breakfast: strawberries with vanilla yogurt
Snack: apple, orange and alpen light bar(HEX)
Lunch: jacket potato with spag bowl mince and salad
Dinner: steak and mash and salad
Snack: alpen light bar (HEX)

Still thinking of how I want my HEX of cheese or milk, and whether I will have a syn free day or not.

After weigh in on thurs where I'm expecting a gain... Me and my friend I go with are going to go back to basics and do a food diary and everything :)

I really don't feel that I've got into my slimming world swing yet even though I've been doing it for about 2 and a half months. If I'm honest I don't think I've stuck entirely to plan for a whole week since I started. There's always a day where I go over syns and its mainly at the weekend. I am losing weight, and since Xmas gain I have not had one gain BUT I am losing at a SLOW rate and that would be ok if my body was used to the plan or I was alot thinner than I am, but I should not be losing this slowly. BUT OFC, it's due to the fact I don't completely stick to the plan.

I am determined to stick completely to plan for at least a week and see what happens. I'm hoping it would give me a boost to continue sticking to it. I will need to do weekly syns which I've never done before because I always have friends coming over or nights out on the weekends and its impossible to stick below 15 syns for me. I don't want to deprive myself too much. Sooo I need to make allowances for the weekend from weekly syns and have less during the week. I want to go back to basics, which is what I've been trying this week mon-thurs and I'm really enjoying it. I seem to use my syns on silly things that soon add up and I'm still left wanting chocolate, whereas I'm really trying to use free and super free food to my advantage this week and be left with all my syns at the end of the day.

FROM THURSDAY! it will be my week to completely stick on plan! I've never tried weekly syns before and hope they work in the same way but regardless, the bulk I will be using will be on Friday and Saturday and my weigh in is Thursday... So should be enough time to get rid of the bloat.

Weigh in tomorrow! Really expecting a gain, but would be nice for a STS so I don't ruin my record since Xmas!

Good luck for weigh in. I don't do slimming world but can you not do weekly syns so you can "go over" at weekends and have less in the week if that's the way it naturally works for you? X

I'm having a bad day today in terms of motivation. I have eaten really well today, but a colleague at work was saying how he thinks that people cannot sustain willpower and will always end up putting weight back on... and it just really got to me. I feel really negative, and unmotivated. I can't stop thinking about the big picture of how much i want to lose.. like 4 stone and 3 lb. It just seems so far away, and my motivation is at an all time low today.

I am determined to have a full week on plan next week, but I just feel like no matter what, I'll never get to where I want to be. I know most people feel that way from time to time, but I feel so close to the starting line, rather than away from it.

ARGH! wish people would keep their opinions to themselves. I really didn't need my positivity dragged down just before weigh in tonight. I feel like nothing will be good enough tonight. I was thinking I would have a small gain, or a STS and I was fine with that and now even 2lb loss would seem like nothing to me. 2lb off all this weight i want to lose makes no difference.... & deep down thats wrong but its how i feel.

Big hugs, sounds like you need 'em today! Some people can be so negative, try not to let it get to you.

The reason I didn't start for YEARS is the fact losing all my weight seemed like such a mountain. You're totally right, 2lbs or whatever doesnt feel like a dent in how far we have to go, but those weeks add up to big numbers. The main thing for me was getting to the point that I enjoy my SW food more than my old diet. If you're enjoying yourself and not feeling deprived it makes a huge difference.

Good luck tonight, please ignore tge negative comments. Look at the success stories on here, it is possible xx

Oh no sorry to hear that :( please use this ignorant rat at work as something to prove wrong rather than demotivate you! I really hope you do well as weigh in to give you a much needed boost xx I had a lot to lose and still have about 3 and a half stone to lose but I try to be positive about how the loss I've already had is such a good thing regardless of whether I'm at goal or not.

If it's any consolation I'm having a bad day too and im out for tea with a friend so it won't be getting any better! We all have highs and lows in this weight loss process but don't let the lows get the better of you :) thinking positively for you let us know how weigh in goes.

MrsG xx

Back