My Journey to Mummyhood and 'Me'

JessicaMolly

Hello lovely ladies and gents!

I'm a newbie to minis and very excited to be on here as I've heard wonderful things! :) My name is Jess, I'm 22, and I'm married with a doggy.
;) I've decided to keep this diary to keep me on track, and hopefully to get some support.

I'm on Day 3 of SW and doing really well (I know it's early days, but just getting through almost three days is an achievement for me!) :D

I've been a bit of a yo-yo dieter in the past, but more recently my weight seems to have just gone one way...which is up! I was always a healthy size 8-10 at school - admittedly I didn't eat very well, but I was very active with netball 3 times a week, and dancing 5 times a week. Once I had left school, and stopped dancing, gradually the weight crept on. By the time I was 18 I had put on around 2-3 stone and had gone up to a size 14. Not big at all, but for my 5 ft 3 body it just didn't feel right.
In february 2009, I decided to do something about it, and from February to May 2009 I lost just over 2 and a half stone with Cambridge Weight Plan. It was an amazing time in my life as I went from feeling so miserable to gradually feelingmore and more like "me" and it was wonderful. For the first time in a long time, I could look in the mirror and really like what I saw staring back at me. I got my size 8-10 body back and I can't tell you how happy it made me.

In the May though, I sadly found out that a few of us were going to lose our jobs at work. This was devastating to me, as I absolutely loved my job. That evening, I went out on a bit of an alcohol and junk food binge...and the rest is history. Over the last 3 and a half years, I've gradually gone up 3 stone and I am now heavier than what I was when I first started CWP.
:eek:

Looking back, I realise that although the time doing CWP was amazing due to the losses, it didn't teach me anything about food, or my bad habits. Also, with CWP you're very restricted (at least for the first few weeks) as to how much exercise you can do - therefore you don't increase your fitness either, as you don't really "need" to exercise. I know this, because I am 3 stone heavier now, and feeling totally rubbish about myself again.

Going back to now...
:) I finally feel ready again to really do something about my weight and my bad eating habits. Not just for me, but for my future family. My husband and I are currently trying for a baby (well, we will be...it will be our first month this month! :)) and that is the biggest incentive I think I will ever have, not only to lose weight, but to just be as healthy and fit as I can be. Although unlikely, pregnancy could happen straight away - which is why I have turned to SW to help me along my journey. I know SW is pregnancy-friendly and it's a great, sustainable plan which will help me learn about food and keep me healthy - plus I can exercise!

So, as I said above I am currently on Day 3 and rea
lly enjoying the plan! I'm really trying to get into exercise as well, so on Day 1 I did 30 mins walking, and 30 mins yoga, Day 2 I did approx 60 mins walking, and today - so far - I have gone for a 40 minute walk - I'm planning to do one of my kettleworx workouts later on, or do another 30 minutes of yoga. I'm currently a size 12-14 (mainly 14) and ideally, I would like to get down to a 10-12 at least before I fall pregnant.

So that's me!! I look forward to chatting to you all along each of our journeys!

Thank you for reading!

Jess xx

Feeling really good this evening! :D Had no syns so far today and I actually stuck to my plan of having another workout this evening! I decided to do one of my kettleworx workouts and did "Core". I feel so good for it now! :) I WILL do this!

Day 4

Feeling really positive and good today, did another 40 minute walk in the woods with the dog (it's so handy having a dog!) and my body is feeling nicely achey!
I'm currently off work on annual leave (I go back Thursday), so trying to do as much exercise as possible before I go back as I'll struggle to fit walks in. It will obviously start getting lighter soon which will help, as at the moment I don't fancy walking in the woods in the dark after I've finished work! ;)

Nothing much planned today, need to catch up on washing and ironing but apart from that I think I'm just going to relax :)

Menu for today:

B: Alpen light bar (3) and Mullerlight yoghurt (free)
L: Chicken in Wholemeal pitta (HexB) with Salad and 2 tbsp Nandos dressing (1)
D: Not so sure yet, but something Free with chicken ;)

Drinks: Water, Diet Coke, Tea (with 250ml semi-skimmed milk - HexA)
Snacks: Apple x2, Banana

Right, lunch is ready now :)

Roll on Day 5! xx

Day 5

Another good day done! :) I'm glad I didn't have any syns throughout the day as we had an unexpected takeaway at the in-laws this evening. Whilst they all indulged in KFC, I opted for a chicken kebab for 7.5 syns. Not the worst choice seeing as it's just chicken and salad really, just had to syn the pitta bread. I haven't had any more today just in case (the marinade on the chicken etc). So my menu for today was:

Breakfast: Banana, Alpen light bar (HexB)

Lunch: Chicken and bacon salad

Dinner: Chicken Kebab (7.5)

Drinks: Diet coke, water, tea (HexA)

Snacks: Apple, Alpen light bar (remainder of HexB)

For exercise I only managed to squeeze in a brief 20 minute walk today, but made some time this evening for my "Resistance" kettleworx workout. Feeling great! And so far in 4 days I've lost 3lbs! :D

Roll on Day 6 :) xxx

Day 6

Scales still sticking to a 3lb loss so far ;) but I'm really going to up the water today and hope it budges a little tomorrow morning :) Official WI is Friday, and I'd be happy with a 3lb loss anyway.

Menu for today:

Breakfast: Banana and Alpen light bar (1/2 of HexB)

Lunch: Reggae Chicken Chargrills (4.5), Rice, Vegetables and Nandos dressing (1) = 5.5 syns

Dinner: Salad, or Fruit Salad, Alpen light bar (1/2 of HexB), Mullerlight yoghurt

Snacks: Fruit

Drinks: Tea with semi-skimmed milk (HexA), Water.

Exercise: Yoga today :)

I have lots of pretty dresses in my wardrobe that I WILL fit into!! :D
xx

Hey,

Just wanted to say you're doing fab so far. Are you following the plan by doing it at home or are you going to a class? Good luck for friday's weigh in :)

Hey,

Just wanted to say you're doing fab so far. Are you following the plan by doing it at home or are you going to a class? Good luck for friday's weigh in :)

Aww thank you :) I am doing it at home. I tried going to a group but I just didn't feel comfortable at all, and I don't know...it just didn't feel like a very nice environment. :( I just knew after my first time of going that I didn't want to go back! Might have just been 1 bad group, and I may try a different one in the future :) I kind of thought that I'm the only one who can do this, so I'm just going to get on and do it anyway. :D

xxx

Day 7

Afternoon!

Day 7 for me – only 1 more day until my first weigh-in and so far I’m 4lbs down :) So happy with that! I could maybe get another lb off by tomorrow morning, but if not, I’m very pleased with 4lbs! It’s nice to be heading in the right direction for a change! Going to do my Kettleworx “Cardio” workout tonight to try and burn off a bit more! :D

Menu for today:

Breakfast: Mullerlight yoghurt, Alpen light bar (1/2 of HexB)

Lunch: Low Fat Super Noodles (free)

Dinner: Not sure yet but will be a free meal :)

Snacks: Alpen light bar (other ½ of HexB)

Drinks: Water, tea with semi-skimmed milk (HexA)

Have a fabulous day all! :D

Jess xx

Hey, a 4lb loss would be fantastic. I take it you're a serial weigher then? Hehe. I don't step on the scales at home as my weight fluctuates too much during the week, plus I like to get a surprise on weigh day. :)

Is it the extra easy plan you're following?

Good luck for tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing the final result :)

Hey, a 4lb loss would be fantastic. I take it you're a serial weigher then? Hehe. I don't step on the scales at home as my weight fluctuates too much during the week, plus I like to get a surprise on weigh day. :)

Is it the extra easy plan you're following?

Good luck for tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing the final result :)

I am a bit of a serial weigher yes lol :) ;) and yep - following Extra Easy! I'm loving it so far, it's so strange that you can eat so much though and still lose weight! :D

What plan are you on hun?

and thank you for your support! Off to check out your diary... :)

xx

Hey,

I usually do the green plan as I like having my two healthy extra A and B choices :) Although I'm thinking of trying a few extra easy days. Just need to make sure I get the superfree in as I always struggle with that!

Day 8 - 1st Weigh in!

Morning! :)

Well I'm happy to report a first week loss of 4lbs!! :D I'm very pleased with this! :)

I'm really hoping that by next week I could be in the next stone bracket - or definitely very near it!! I WILL do this, I WILL do this, I WILL DO THIS!! :D

Menu for today:

Breakfast: Banana and Mullerlight yoghurt - Free

Lunch: Extra Lean Beef Chilli with Rice - Free

Dinner: Turkey and Bacon Salad - Free

Snacks: Fruit, wholemeal pitta (HexB) with houmous - 2 syns

Drinks: Water, Diet Coke, Tea with Skimmed milk (HexA)

Treat: Curly Wurly :) 6 Syns

Total: 8 Syns :)

Have a fab day all! xxx

Day 9

Evening :)

Good day today! Achey body from doing a workout last night and feeling good! I know I shouldn't weigh every day, but I was another lb down this morning :D so, very pleased!!

Haven't done a lot today - hubby is on nights so just been pottering around doing housework, washing etc walked to the shops and back and did a bit of cooking!
It's soo cold outside as well... I think that snow is on its way!

Menu for today:

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Turkey and Bacon Salad with chopped Apple and Strawberries (free)

Dinner: Beef Casserole (free)

Snacks: Fruit, Mullerlight yoghurt, Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Drinks: Water, Tea (with 375ml skimmed milk - HexA) and 250ml dry white wine ;) (8 syns)

Total: As it's Saturday night = 14 Syns :)

...and here is a piccy of my lunch today :)

IMG_0677.JPG

Have a great evening all

Jess xx

Yay...4lb off is fab. Well done huni. Keep up the good work ;)

Your food looks lovely for today too.

It's freezing up here too. Snow is definitely on the way. Brrrrr.

Thank you Tooty! :D

Day 10

Feeling really good! I'm sat by a window in our office and it's nice watching the snow falling down :) even nicer to see it's not settling and causing disruption ;) :D lol x Well still another lb down so far this week, I'm hoping to turn it into 2lbs for my second week at least! Fingers crossed :) anything more than that would be amazing!!

Menu for today:

Breakfast: Banana and muller light yoghurt

Lunch: Homemade Beef Stew - Free! :)

Dinner: Turkey and Bacon Salad - Free

Drinks: Tea with skimmed milk (HexA), Water, Diet coke

Snacks: Fruit, muller light yoghurt, Curly Wurly - 6 Syns :)

I'm currently on Day 14 of my cycle, so the next day or two really counts... ;) fingers crossed for this month, but if not then there's always next month, and then the month after :)

Have a fab day all xx

Jess xx

Day 11

Agghh scales haven't budged since Saturday...really hoping they drop a little tomorrow! Would love to lose 2lbs or so this week! :)

Menu for today:

Mid-morning snack: Muller light yoghurt
Lunch: Reggae chicken chargrills, Rice and nandos dressing (5 syns)
Dinner: Chicken and Bacon Pasta Salad - Free

Drinks: Tea with skimmed milk (hexA)
Snacks: Fruit and Muller light yoghurt

Exercise: W3 Core (kettleworx)

I wish you all a great day xx

Morning!

Day 15 of SW for me and 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] official WI and I’m very pleased to report another 2lbs off! Which makes it 6 in total! :D yay!

Really pleased! Just one teeny little lb and I’ve lost half a stone! This is such an achievement for me as I’ve never been able to do something like this on my own – nor on a proper, sustainable, healthy eating plan – I’ve always relied on Cambridge to get the weight off. (I’m not saying Cambridge doesn’t work – it does – but it doesn’t suit me as I don’t learn anything about my eating habits and the weight piles back on again!)

Feeling good!

Menu for today:

Lunch: Jacket Potato topped with low fat Sour cream and chive dip – 2-3 Syns

Dinner: Unsure – but will be a free meal!

Snacks: Fruit, Muller light yoghurts

Drinks: Tea with skimmed milk (HexA)

Exercise: W3 Core

Have a fab day all!

xx

Morning Jess - where are you? Hope you are still okay hun.

Back