My Last Restart! I Will Succeed!

wannabeminime

Gold Member
THIS IS IT GIRLS!!!

Day one again, but for the last time. I am 14st 3 lb, and i have 3 st to loose to get to BMI 25. I have booked a hol in June with some old Uni friends, so this is my target.

I just have a bad day to get over tomorrow, my Nans funeral. Wish me luck, its gonna be a sad and trying day for me.

Hi,

Good luck for tomorrow and for the restart.

My only advice is to take each minute as it comes and with time it will get easier (my dad's funeral was the saddest day of my life)

Of course, that advice applies to the funeral and to the diet.

Take care

Lenny

Wannabeminieme and Groovychick - all the best tomorrow. I sincerely hope everything goes as well as possible.

As far as restarts .... tell me about them!!!! I had a big jolt on Friday when I re-read my diary and realised that I had in fact put on 9lbs during the duration of my diary .... mmmmmmm. So had a pity me day - lots of support from the great people on here - and then onwards with the fight.

Except this time it worked!!! I stuck to it - no little sneaky tastes whilst dishing up, no stolen biscuits guiltily crammed in my mouth, no binges etc etc etc - so Saturday and Sunday went like a dream ... and today I'm in ketosis!!! Yayyyyyyyy!!!! I have at least 3 stone to lose to Wannabeminime - so if you want to keep an eye on me and kick me when i need it - I'll do the same to you!!!

Good luck to you...a stressful time with the funeral, hope it goes as well as these things can do.
All the best with the diet...how exciting, by your holiday - in fact long before it, you will be a goal and buying lots of holiday clothes in a dream size!

Nice to have you back Bex, hope the laptop is properly fixed now. You will be fine tomorrow I am sure. As you Nan had a long and happy life the funeral will be a celebration and a chance for everyone to meet up and share lovely stories.

How nice to have a fun holiday booked now. There is a real urgency now to getting to goal. June will be here in a flash if you don't get back on track straight away. This should do it for you.

Where you going? I'll lend you my bikini!

Dizzy x

All the best x

Hello there, I have started my very first day today on CD, I tried it once last year and did not get past day 3. I am getting married this year and I have 5 & 1/2 stone to get to a BMI of 25. I am really worried and scared that I will fail! I hope tomorrow goes ok. Just don't start eating for comfort! I always turn to food! Hence the fact I am the size of a small house!

JB

Wannabeminieme and Groovychick - all the best tomorrow. I sincerely hope everything goes as well as possible.

As far as restarts .... tell me about them!!!! I had a big jolt on Friday when I re-read my diary and realised that I had in fact put on 9lbs during the duration of my diary .... mmmmmmm. So had a pity me day - lots of support from the great people on here - and then onwards with the fight.

Except this time it worked!!! I stuck to it - no little sneaky tastes whilst dishing up, no stolen biscuits guiltily crammed in my mouth, no binges etc etc etc - so Saturday and Sunday went like a dream ... and today I'm in ketosis!!! Yayyyyyyyy!!!! I have at least 3 stone to lose to Wannabeminime - so if you want to keep an eye on me and kick me when i need it - I'll do the same to you!!!

Hiya Bev, congrats for getting into ketosis! Stick to it hun, those pounds will be falling off! Yea, feel free to kick me and i will return the favour! Will look at your diary later. x

Good luck to you...a stressful time with the funeral, hope it goes as well as these things can do.
All the best with the diet...how exciting, by your holiday - in fact long before it, you will be a goal and buying lots of holiday clothes in a dream size!

Thanks Snowy. Its only a long weekend in a caravan in Dorset! Hehe! In fact, it was a SUN voucher hol, so exceedingly cheap. But i will still need a new cossie by then, hope i will look ok in a bikini!

Nice to have you back Bex, hope the laptop is properly fixed now. You will be fine tomorrow I am sure. As you Nan had a long and happy life the funeral will be a celebration and a chance for everyone to meet up and share lovely stories.

How nice to have a fun holiday booked now. There is a real urgency now to getting to goal. June will be here in a flash if you don't get back on track straight away. This should do it for you.

Where you going? I'll lend you my bikini!

Dizzy x

Laptop still not back, i bit the bullet and bought a new desktop, as Abi had lots of games for xmas and couldnt play them on her ancient pc. Sims etc. Couldnt afford it, but she will be at secondary school soon so will probably need it. I will be paying for it for years!

As i said before, its only a sun voucher weekend in a caravan in Dorset, but i wanna be slim by then.

Just want the funeral over and done with now. Sounds terrible i know....:(

Hello there, I have started my very first day today on CD, I tried it once last year and did not get past day 3. I am getting married this year and I have 5 & 1/2 stone to get to a BMI of 25. I am really worried and scared that I will fail! I hope tomorrow goes ok. Just don't start eating for comfort! I always turn to food! Hence the fact I am the size of a small house!

JB

Hi JB, good luck for day one, you have such a good motivator in getting married! That 5.5 stone could be history in a few months! Stick with it!

Thank you, it's nice to see I am not on my own! I hope tomorrow all goes well, I will be thinking of you. It's a year ago this week we lost Grandad, and it was hard. Take care, keep in touch x JB

Funeral

It was ok, but i cried buckets when i got home. I had forgotten how all-consuming grief can be, not having anyone close to me die for many many years.

The annoying cousin was annoying but tolerable, the kids were fine and enjoyed meeting my cousins kids, my 97 year old grandad turned up so it was lovely to see him, my flowers were the best.

The thing i didnt like was divvying up Nans 'stuff' later in the day. My uncle felt it should be done there and then as we live so far away, but i hated doing it. I was also quite upset about it because my cousins, who live nearer so bagsied stuff beforehand, got all the best stuff. Rings etc. I didnt fuss about it, but found the whole episode disturbing. My cousin got Nans wedding ring, the only thing i really wanted.

Cd has gone out the window again, dont really know what i will do.

Hi again Bex

Yesterday sounds so emotionally draining. I think you should good yourself your most favourite healthiest meal tonight. Pamper yourself in every way possible. Jus try to avoid the junk food and alcohol because I think that will just make you feel more down.

Probably best not to think any further ahead than that until you are feeling more back to normal.

Speak to you later.

Diana

You poor love...but it's perfectly natural how you are feeling. Try and remember all the good times and happy memories you have of your Nan - as that really is her real legacy to you - and nobody can ever take those away, treasure them.

As for CD...well, you know it works, you know you want to get to goal and even better - unlike yesterday, it's something you can control! Imagine your Nan is with you as you go through the day, and 'chat' to her in your head as you make up your shakes and drink them. You could even dedicate your goal wieght and ideal figure to her?

Good luck, remember we are all here to listen.
x

i dont think you should punish yourself about CD at the moment. In the grand scheme of your emotions, it just doesnt matter right now. I agree with Dizzy, i would try to pamper yourself but not go mad with booze and goodies cos u will probably feel like rubbish but dont beat urself up about CD either cos u will feel equally rubbish.

what u were saying about divvying up belongings...god i remember having to do that with my nan and it really was awful. I had an aunt who was excited about it and acting like she was bagging some bargains or something. how i didnt punch her that day is a miracle that can only be explained by grief. I came away with a cheap vase cos i didnt want to feel like i had gained anything but looking back on it....i really wish i had taken her accordian. I cant play it but its the one thing that really reminded me of her.

I hope u wont beat urself up about anything to do with CD. I mean...from your picture you look like u need to gain 3 stone! u r gorgeous! (PLEASE DONT TAKE THAT TO MEAN YOU NEED TO GO GAIN 3 STONES...I CANT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT!)

my thoughts are with you. As suggested above, chatting to her may help. I talk to everyone i know whos dead all the time lol. others may think im mental but i call it a theraputic one sided convo lol.

thinking of u xxxxx

The funeral really got to me emotionally, and i am back to square one. BUT I have a plan, and, if it goes well, i will ss from Monday.
The plan is ATKINS, for the next 4 days. I think by the end of day 4 i will be SOOO BORED that cd will be a welcome change, and i will already be in ketosis. So starting tomorrow, its eggs and bacon, omlettes, chicken n veg (very small amount), cheese, sugar free jelly n cream. Yum.

Good Luck with that, I've never done Atkins do you get into ketosis quite quickly on Atkins?

Did you go back to work today?

Dizzy x

Back